Old TV shows you loved when you were very young?

Sam's Crow

Project QL Intern
Jun 12, 2008
Liverpool, England
Basically what the title says (I'm talking about mainly children's shows but other shows are welcome).

Some of mine our:
The Powerpuff Girls
Sailor Moon (more of a teen thing but oh well)
Animaniacs
The Muppets (can't believe some of the people they managed to get on there)
The Moomins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hurray:

You get the idea.

ALF, The Wonder Years, Boy Meets World, Home Improvement, The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air, Top Cat, Mr. Bean, Tom & Jerry (first three decades), The Flinstones (original), The Simpsons, The Pink Panther Show (original), I Dream Of Jeannie (so dated; I'm not too crazy about it anymore), Bewitched (never really liked it), The Munsters, The Addams Family (although I didn't understand the humor then) and, well, Quantum Leap (one of the first shows I ever saw). There's Murphy Brown, too, but I can barely remember it.

Nothing horror-related, though (well, aside from Munsters and Addams), not even The Twilight Zone. I didn't care much for it when I was a child.

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles","Airwolf",i second "The Flinstones" and "Elf","Merried With Children" and... I'll need to think about it a little bit more.

There are so many...

Alf, Prince of Bel Air, Munsters, Flipper (the Dolphin), Fury (the horse), A-Team, Enterprise, Captain Future, Muppetshow, Knight Rider, MacGyver, Magnum, Beverly Hills 90210, Melrose Place and the german series Biene Maja (Maja, the bee) and Heidi (a girl who lives with her grandfather in the hills).

I think there are some more, I watched much TV, I must say. ;)

As a young kid...

Animaniacs
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
She-Ra/He-Man. Hey, I was born in 1982!
Looney Toons

Those were pretty much the kid shows I'd watch. I'd be watching more of the adult shows such as Quantum Leap, Star Trek, and Swamp Thing. I was a weird kid.

It is far too long ago to remember what I watched when I was very young - probably Andy Pandy or some such rot. Paddington Bear and Ivor the engine etc hold fond memories.
Around age 11 I got addicted to reading Agatha Christie stories [great plots, but her writing style is cringe-worthy at times] so I was hooked on crime & police stuff. Saturday night mystery movies were a regular - McMillian & Wife, Banacek, McCloud etc. Also liked Streets of San Francisco, C.H.I.P.S, Hawaii 5-0 and stuff like that.
I do remember a children's series based on a book called 'Midnight is a Place' which made a big impression on me.

There are so many...

Alf, Prince of Bel Air, Munsters, Flipper (the Dolphin), Fury (the horse), A-Team, Enterprise, Captain Future, Muppetshow, Knight Rider, MacGyver, Magnum, Beverly Hills 90210, Melrose Place and the german series Biene Maja (Maja, the bee) and Heidi (a girl who lives with her grandfather in the hills).

I think there are some more, I watched much TV, I must say. ;)

My list is almost identical to yours !
:)

Well, except the soaps, although I must admit that I followed 'General Hospital'... don't know if that is the original title.

And Smurfs, He-Man, She-ra *high fives Errowyn*, Inspector Gadget, Wheeled Warriors, Mask, Transformers,...
indeed so many ... And Streethawk, and the Orignal Battlestar Galactica, ... ah yes, thanks Helen, CHIPS how could I have forgotten them? :)
I probably forgot a lot.

Yes I too watched a lot, back when TV was really good. Now... yeah it's OK, but I don't really watch it anymore. (... Ironic that I study TV production :p)

Like Leaper 1, it's been a while for me to remember when I was really young. Some of the series I remember watching as a child were Emergency! (First show I can really remember watching. It used to come on Saturday nights and I'd sit in my Dad's lap and watch it. For a while, I can remember wanting to be a firefigher...more specifically, a firefighting ballerina.), Barnaby Jones, CHiPs, SWAT, Starsky & Hutch, Baretta, Happy Days, Lavern & Shirley, Three's Company...think of any of the stuff from the 70's and I probably watched it.

Growing up, I liked:
Flipper
Bewitched
I Dream of Jeannie
The Brady Bunch
The Partridge Family
Star Trek
Munsters
Addams Family

I also liked the "Schoolhouse Rock" short educational cartoons.

I was an adult when it aired, but I loved "Freakazoid."

And of course, "Quantum Leap"!

My list is almost identical to yours !
:)

Well, except the soaps, although I must admit that I followed 'General Hospital'... don't know if that is the original title.

And Smurfs, He-Man, She-ra *high fives Errowyn*, Inspector Gadget, Wheeled Warriors, Mask, Transformers,...
indeed so many ... And Streethawk, and the Orignal Battlestar Galactica, ... ah yes, thanks Helen, CHIPS how could I have forgotten them? :)
I probably forgot a lot.

Yes I too watched a lot, back when TV was really good. Now... yeah it's OK, but I don't really watch it anymore. (... Ironic that I study TV production :p)
Believe it or not I used to watch General Hospital too!
and original Battlestar Galactica of course.
In fact a lot of series are coming back as people name them.
I was quite addicted to TV when I was younger - now I prefer to write fanfic rather than watch new shows, apart from the odd one that manages to grab my interest.

Believe it or not I used to watch General Hospital too!
and original Battlestar Galactica of course.
In fact a lot of series are coming back as people name them.
I was quite addicted to TV when I was younger - now I prefer to write fanfic rather than watch new shows, apart from the odd one that manages to grab my interest.

:D
I liked the whole spy storyline in Genreral Hospital, made it 'cooler'.
I watch DVDs these days although there is the occasional rare new show for me too, like 'scrubs' which gets my attention.

I have every season of TZ, QL, season 1 of the new outers limits, season 1 and 2 of old outer limits!

Phew! Scary canary ay?

LOL

Do you really have every season of TZ? Were they too expensive for you? I ask because I've been trying to get them for a long time, but everytime I see them they're too damn expensive, especially seasons 1 and 2. I asked someone about this once, and she told me that it was because they were very rare to find, and since this was a classic show, they had to keep them up there. That only people who are collectionists bought them. I didn't buy that at once, but now I'm beginning to. What do you say? Is this really true?

You are the 1000th who has asked me that!

My answers the same - bugger if me knows!

LOL

I asked because, well, sometimes not even the adults understand shows like that, especially one like "Alfred Hitchcock Presents", which was famous for having open and complicated endings most of the time.