1123 I Left a Little Piece of Myself on the Farm, Part II

Hostile Measures

• 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 ? This episode was good. It was worth reading.

• 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters
Our rating system this season consists of five raters and three back-up raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode. Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 7.8

Please be aware that some reviews may contain spoilers! Some of the comments given were:

Valery S. Gemini said:
This story becomes more and more exciting! Still this same gloomy atmosphere, which engulfs us like a thick dark cloud. Throughout this whole part, the authors make us feel just like Sam prisoner in this cellar, with only the few sounds he could hear to try to understand what happens. The suspense builds up in gradual little steps, and the way I understand the seemingly 'bland' last lines is simply that Ziggy, Al and all at PQL just don't know what to do with this weird mess either (how come Ziggy hasn't noticed Connor's arrival? Or is 'the Yellow Leaper' THE reason why she is "unable to achieve a centering lock"?) This is really beautifully crafted work we have this week!

RATING: 9

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
Oh the plot thickens, interesting having Maxwell Connors come into it. This is turning into an interesting story. Keep up the great work, and I can hardly wait for next week and the next part.

RATING: 7

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris J. Finkle said:
An interesting turn of events indeed. After Ziggy's prediction about the Mulhill brothers last week, I was half expecting Tom to kill Paddy too. This story is definitely different than what we're used to because we've barely seen either Sam or Al during this chapter. That scene with Sam tied up in the basement was also making me think of Stephen King's Misery. I had this odd feeling that Tom was going to do something to Sheriff Boone, and imagine my surprise when Dr. Connors suddenly showed up again toward the end. Definitely not what I expected!

Looking forward to seeing how this is all resolved next week!

RATING: 8

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
The intrigue builds.... nicely done! Keep up the good work.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Allie Cat said:
This is well-written but I found it a little predictable. I am not that fond of Dr. Maxwell Connors, but I'm probably biased from previous exposure from the roleplay. On the other hand, the cliffhanger did tease me into wanting to read the next part to know what was going to happen next.

RATING: 7

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tom Jarret said:
The plot does thicken. I am very interested in seeing where this one is going. I certainly did not see 'good ole' Max coming in. In this second part, the atmosphere of the story is still very good, keeping up the southern flavor of the story. The language of the characters is also very strong.

I can't wait to see the end of this one.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited:
(Originally posted by leaper1 at: 3/22/05 12:48 pm)

I guess I am reading this from a different perspective to most people, since I have insider knowledge from the RPG.
Having said that, the Connors slant is new, and a good twist.
I'm looking forward to the conclusion, to see how this pans out, and what other surprises Mike and Erin have in store for us.

Helen

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.
(Leo Buscaglia)

Leap and the net will appear. (Anon)

Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
(Charles Dickens)

(Originally posted by Dman176 at: 3/22/05 4:37 pm)

Yup, even though I'm a member at Future's Past, I've never really had a lot of time to check out the story over there, so this whole thing was new to me. Ironically, I went recently to check some of the posts and it was interesting that Sheriff Boone was not leaped into by anyone... at least, not from what I could tell.

Since I didn't tweak much in the way of Connors' and Morpheus' dialogue in Part II, there's not much I can add to comment on his involvement in this leap yet. You'll just all have to wait until Part III. That's when the "rivalry" starts getting a bit more interesting... ;)

Damon

"Holographic observers! What a brilliant idea!" ? Professor Arturo, "In Dino Veritas"

(Originally posted by MikeKraken at: 3/22/05 9:58 pm)

(how come Ziggy hasn't noticed Connor's arrival? Or is 'the Yellow Leaper' THE reason why she is "unable to achieve a centering lock"?) This is really beautifully crafted work we have this week!

Valery, I'm glad that you enjoyed this episode so much! Hopefully the conclusion will be just as enjoyable. As for your proposed reason, that is very plausable. ;)

This is well-written but I found it a little predictable. I am not that fond of Dr. Maxwell Connors, but I'm probably biased from previous exposure from the roleplay.

I'm just curious... what did you find predictable? If it's because you read the RPG (another one? Who are you and Seeker?? ), my advice to everybody is to forget the RPG while reading these stories. It follows a similar plotline, but Erin and I have changed a lot... beyond that, it was one issue that we were worried about when we decided to convert into a TVS episode. I guess it did cause a little bit of "bias".

Anyway, thank you all for your comments. ^_^ Next week (er, tomorrow) you will get the conclusion. Like I said in my post for Part I, I hope seeing the whole story as one will increse your overall enjoyment of this trilogy.

... Mike. ^_^

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
MikeKraken's Web Site
Star Trek for Leapers forum
Future's Past RPG