Miz Melny,
Beth,
all the Becketts,
Nicole,
Frank LaMotta,
Tibby,
Marina Oswald

and a lot more, many many more.

I actually really liked Alia even though I didn't warm up to the evil leapers concept at all.

My favorites had to be:

1. Father Mack
2. Captain Galaxy (I forgot his actual name)
3. Zoey

I sort of liked the Evil Leaper concept, but I just thought Zoey was a well-written character.

ohboy said:
3. Zoey

I sort of liked the Evil Leaper concept, but I just thought Zoey was a well-written character.

Hmm. that's funny. Zoey was actually my least favorite character ever.
That's a matter of opinion of course, I can see why some people may like her, and she was funny, no doubt there. But I found her really flat and unbelievable. Where Al was over the top in a believable, justified way. Zoey was over the top just for the sake of being over the top. Thames was almost worse. I guess if we'd had a chance to know the characters better it may have swayed me, but as it was I was very unhappy about QL having bad (there are many anime characters with much more depth) cartoon characters on the show. It was such a switch in style. I really hated it. The storyline concepts were darker and quite interesting, I didn't mind that so much, although I didn't buy into doing evil for it's own sake. In the end Alia and the way she was acted, superbly if you ask me, was really the only redeeming quality for me.

Sorry about the detour rant, it needed out. *Grin* feeling better now.:b

oh I don't mind villians at all. I just thought they were very stereotypical and overly silly villians. The whole "Look, I'm evil" thing just didn't work for me (The only one who can pull that off is Dr. Evil from Austin Powers ;) )

Afterthought: then again they were a comic relief for an otherwise pretty dark story, so from that point of view they made sense.

Last edited:
One thing I like about villians is when someone can't walk thinking the plot was black and white. In the previously mentioned villian I write about, I tried to write it where there is not really a good guy and bad guy (I'm not using sexist language, since the two main political bodies are controlled by men, and the two main characters are men as well), but just two sides to an argument. One side reprsents honor, to avenge the death of his family, and the other represents justice, to protect Earth from the first guy and his warmongering.

You have to read it to really understand, though.

I loved Jimmy, Magic in pool hall blues, Captain Galaxy( real name Richard Herd)
And one favorite cause that I just rewatched last night Song for the soul
Lanelle( What a powerful voice.

my favorite when he leaped into future boy. i like the one were he leaped into color person in color of truth. i like the Camikazi kid a lot.

Al is my favorite character he's funny, wise,silly and loving . Now if only I can meet an horny old bird dog like that!

My Favorite Character?
Hard to nail down one in particular but I will try to name a few:
Al the Bartender
Frank LaMotta
Butchie
Darlene Monte
Beth Calavecci
And of course Al and Sam

A list based on the quality of the performance from the relevant actor:

Miz Melny Trafford in The Coloraturas of Truth - great performance from Susan French
Elisabeth Spokane in Animal Frat - great performance from Stacy Edwards
Maggie Dawson in The Leap Home: Part 2 (Vietnam) - great performance from Andrea Thompson
Father John McRoberts in Leap of Faith - great performance from Sandy McPeak
Jack Kerouac in Rebel Without a Clue - small part with two scenes but Michael Bryan French was brilliant especially in the second scene
Moe Stein in Future Boy - great performance from Richard Herd
Butch in Shock Theater - the angry orderly, impactful performance in a small role
Gene in Justice - great performance from Noble Willingham
Carolyn Seymour in various roles