Favourite Character

One of my favorite characters from the various episodes, besides the recurring ones, was Father Mack from "Leap of Faith". An alcoholic priest that can stand his ground at a barroom brawl and win the Golden Glove competition twice (according to Ziggy) is certainly an interesting and memorable character.

One of my favorites is Delilah, from "So Help Me God." I love her bitter sarcasm - and then you find out how scared and vulnerable she really is. There's a great exchange she has with Sam when she thinks she's going to get the electric chair (after Sam pleads her not guilty). She lights another cigarette.

Sam: You really shouldn't smoke.
Lilah: What's it gonna do . . . stunt my growth?

For more comedy, I like Dottie, from "8 1/2 Months." Her expressions (with all that makeup!) are hilarious, and she has these great touches like pulling a nail file out of her bra. She's a great, well written character.

Besides Father Mack, I suppose another character I like is Moe Stein, the "Time Traveler" from the episode "Future Boy" (Season 3). I love how he expresses himself, and how he doesn't feel that he has to be a slave to all the norms in society. I also LOVED the Triangle Hat, though I don't think that I have the self-confidence to wear it out in public myself.

ohboy said:
Besides Father Mack, I suppose another character I like is Moe Stein, the "Time Traveler" from the episode "Future Boy" (Season 3). I love how he expresses himself, and how he doesn't feel that he has to be a slave to all the norms in society. I also LOVED the Triangle Hat, though I don't think that I have the self-confidence to wear it out in public myself.

I agree. I also liked Teresa from "Another Mother". I reckon she was just brilliant, and so adorable.

Al is defo my fave coz he is funny, loves girls and is always on about them, although he only just beats sam

Well aside from the obvious (Al & Sam),I would say Moe "Captain Galaxy" Stein the eccentric actor and inventor looking to try and get back lost time, and "Weird Ernie"....its hard to forgot someone named "Weird Ernie" and of course he was also Al the bartender in the last episode.

Quantum Leap had so many great characters.

Sam&Al, all the Becketts, Nicole, Frank LaMotta, Tibby, Marina Oswald,...

But also enjoyed them all with very few exceptions.

The acting was so amazing by everyone, even people with small roles and extras, wich is rare and such a sign for the great quality of this show.