Sam's a mensch?

Sam Beckett Fan

Re-Writing Life
Jun 3, 2005
medium.com
hey i have a question. my best friend and i were discussing this not too long ago, i remember hearing in an episode i saw recently that Al called Sam a "mensch" Yiddish for "good guy", but my best friend nor myself can remember which episode. i know jennie tried to answer this question but offering her suggestion that it was in Thou Shaut Not but from what i vagely rememeber Al was talking to someone, eaither someone that could acually see him or he was pretending to talk to someone as he often does. and i seem to remember it being in season three, becasue i remember somehow hearing it during my very first veiwing of season three. i forget what episode though, and so does my best friend. i do not suggest going off of my info provided here, becasue this is only what i remember and i could be remembering wrong.

The scene you're thinking of comes from the Season 3 Episode Nuclear Family. Sam, as Eddie Ellroy, shows Mrs. Klingman the bomb shelter. It brings back memories for her of the the concentration camps during WWII and he ends off telling her not to spend her money on the shelter. Al entered at some point during Sam's talk with Mrs. Klingman though he doesn't make himself known to Sam until after she leaves. He calls Sam a mensch at this point because Sam listened to Mrs. Klingman and then advised her to do what was best for her - even though it would most like leave Eddie's brother upset with him for not making the sale.

The scene you're thinking of comes from the Season 3 Episode Nuclear Family. Sam, as Eddie Ellroy, shows Mrs. Klingman the bomb shelter. It brings back memories for her of the the concentration camps during WWII and he ends off telling her not to spend her money on the shelter. Al entered at some point during Sam's talk with Mrs. Klingman though he doesn't make himself known to Sam until after she leaves. He calls Sam a mensch at this point because Sam listened to Mrs. Klingman and then advised her to do what was best for her - even though it would most like leave Eddie's brother upset with him for not making the sale.

oooh, yeah i have to watch that episode agian, but i think you are right, thankies julia i knew it was in season three:D