Threads read on main discussion page

Clara5

Project QL Intern
Nov 6, 2003
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hello,

I have just a tiny technical problem and I wondered if someone could help me out.

I noticed that, on the general discussion page, before you go into the sub-divisions into which the threads are contained, the new message image (blinking handlink) does not disappear even if I read all the threads contained in it.

What I need to do for the faded out handlink to replace the blinking one is to refresh the sub-division page after reading all the topics and then going back to the main page and refresh again. This is more an annoyance than anything, but I have noticed it has not changed since the new version of the vbulletin board appeared.
The thing is I often forget to refresh and I end up having sections showing as unread on the main page when in reality all the topics inside are read.

I was simply wondering if there was a way to make it so that the new messages status be turned off automatically without refreshing on the sub-page, and it showing once I refresh the main page.

Thank you very much,

Clara

P.S. If you need more information and/or need me to be more precise about my issue, don't hesitate to ask!

That happends to me all the time too. The thing I find easiest to do it once u have read the thread you wanted to, click the "QL General Discussion" (or whatever topic ur reading) link at the top, which will take u to the list of threads there. Then, when u click to go back to the main community page, the handlink will be darkened.

Samantha Beckett

Samantha Beckett said:
That happends to me all the time too. The thing I find easiest to do it once u have read the thread you wanted to, click the "QL General Discussion" (or whatever topic ur reading) link at the top, which will take u to the list of threads there. Then, when u click to go back to the main community page, the handlink will be darkened.

Samantha Beckett

This is what I do.

This is something we can turn on. Apparently it causes a bit more load on the server, but probably not noticeable. That's why I didn't set it to the more rigorous checking.