This should be proof I need help!!!

ohboy

Project QL Intern
May 27, 2008
Northern California
I posted something asking about avatars (pasted version below the double lines) in the wrong section, so I am just going to ask in the right place (and NO, this was NOT a sneaky way to be able to post the same question on two different discussion forums). Sorry about the mix up, I promise I'm learning :nut. Unless, of course, I was right to post where I did originally, in which case, I need a hug and someone to tell me that I'm smart in my own special way :cry.

===========================================================
Quick question for anyone who feels like answering it. I wanted to put an avatar under my name, but I don't have any pictures from my hard drive, so I would have to get them from a website. Now, I may be sounding paranoid and over-concerned, but in this day and age, it is better to look silly and ask than guess and end up doing something wrong.

Anyone who got an avatar from a different website, how did you go about doing that? Did you have to ask the website, put some type of copyright tag disclaiming that as your own, or could you just literally paste the link to the picture onto the avatar option screen on this site and be done? Again, this is for a picture on a website, and not one that I downloaded (I already tried posting the picture in question, and it did fit, so I have no problems there). I just want to do this the "right" way, and not cause any problems down the road.

If the above was confusing in some way, then I am looking for the legal way to put up an avatar, and not the steps to put the avatar on my profile.

Thank you.
=========================================================

Heres your hug.

Right click on the image you want & select "Save Image As", this will save the image to your hard drive. The image I use is copyrighted but I also trimmed it down so it could work as a avatar, no one has brother me about it

PS: This is the wrong area of the forum to be asking about avatars.

Thank you System Cat. In that case, for anyone reading this, I'll politely refer you to to the Avatars and Smilies section, where I already made this post.

I actually tried Wikipedia at first, but when I read their article on public domain, it was so confusing, I figured my best bet was to just cross my fingers and hope that someone here could help me. Thanks anyways, I'll keep the Wikipedia note in mind for future reference.

Ohboy, am I allowed to give web addresses on this site?

I was, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed?

Anyway, do a search in google for:

- copyright free pictures
- public domain pics

You will find sites where you can get free pics and not get in trouble

Wikipedia is in amongst one of those searches to

Also, if you need any help making pics for your sig or avatar, I may be able to help!

:)

angvav said:
Ohboy, am I allowed to give web addresses on this site?

I was, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed?

Anyway, do a search in google for:

- copyright free pictures
- public domain pics

You will find sites where you can get free pics and not get in trouble

Wikipedia is in amongst one of those searches to

Also, if you need any help making pics for your sig or avatar, I may be able to help!

:)

I don't know if you are allowed to give web addresses on this site. Thanks for the offer. If I ever need any help, I'll contact you.

By the way, I just love that avatar you have. I don't know why, but everytime I see that it makes me happier.