Least leap into???

Lee Harvey Oswald...
Wait he did it and I got the worst episode of the Show.
So... maybe he should have leapt into DPB,when he wrote this episode, and throw it to the trush.

What if Sam leapt into Marty McFly and then Marty time travels in the old Delorean? How would a double time travel affect Sam?

Seriously though, I would have liked to have seen Sam leap into a few more historically relevant characters, like Martin Luther King for example. That would have posed an enormous dilemma for Sam if he had to make sure King died as he was supposed to or save King so he could continue to lead the civil rights movement.

Seriously though, I would have liked to have seen Sam leap into a few more historically relevant characters, like Martin Luther King for example. That would have posed an enormous dilemma for Sam if he had to make sure King died as he was supposed to or save King so he could continue to lead the civil rights movement.

Those are exactly the kind of leaps that break all the rules. They make for nice suspense moments, but in the end they're just bad an useless (like fillers). Example: The LHO episode. I should bite my tongue: I enjoyed it, but I got to admit that Mr. Bellisario was a very lousy writer there. You can tell that he was being pushed by NBC to give the show more "conflict" and "intensity," when the show itself had already given us those elements in the past, but in a masterful way. The LHO ep. recurred to cheap thrills. And, unfortunately, more "historical" leaps should've had to do the same.

Personally, I think that those types of episodes seem to defeat the purpose of the "Traditional Quantum Leap." You are pretty right, cheap thrills are all they are in my opinion. That sort of influenced my answer in the thread.