Props?

Kirok

Project QL Intern
Hey Folks!

I was wondering if anyone would have any technical dimensions of a couple of things needed to build for our QL fanfilm.

First, we need to build a hand link for our ‘Al’, and was wondering if anyone had some decent photos we could use for reference. I watched the ‘making of’ video on YouTube, and heard the production designer’s idea for the ‘Lego’ inspired theme for Al’s hand link from the last two seasons. I know how to add the blinking lights, so that’s easy. (They actually used toy railroad lights that had tiny intermittent lights inside you could adjust the speed of blinking.)

Second, we need some good pictures of the actual control room, the control table, and the entryway to the imaging chamber so we can use as a reference to build the sets. Does anyone have any we could look at?
Thanks everyone! I appreciate your help!

Best,
CHRIS :D

Kirok said:
I watched the ‘making of’ video on YouTube, and heard the production designer’s idea for the ‘Lego’ inspired theme for Al’s hand link from the last two seasons. I know how to add the blinking lights, so that’s easy. (They actually used toy railroad lights that had tiny intermittent lights inside you could adjust the speed of blinking.)

Do you have a link to that video? I've never seen any "making of" segments on the handlink. I've only seen the interview where one of the crew says he was inspired by LEGO, unless you're talking about the same segment.

Kirok, there are blueprints of some of the sets included with the Season 5
DVDs--although they're very hard to read. I couldn't make much of anything out of them but maybe they would be some help to you.
I think the only times we see the Control Room are in The Leap Back and Mirror Image. If you have the DVDs, could you do screen caps?

QL Nut said:
Do you have a link to that video? I've never seen any "making of" segments on the handlink. I've only seen the interview where one of the crew says he was inspired by LEGO, unless you're talking about the same segment.

I saw the videos on YouTube. Here's the link... http://youtube.com/watch?v=UQcoOCwKLHw

Its broken down into like 12 parts called "Quantum Leap Introduction Part __". It looked like a VHS video, and was wondering if this was on the DVD.

Actually, those clips are from a VHS tape. And I know that because I created them. Funny how I don't remember putting them on youtube after creating this page: http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/videolibrary/sciography.htm

It's amazing how much stuff gets pirated from my site, but if it'll further the cause of finding new fans and renewing old ones, then all the better. Just wish they'd ask first!

Maybe you're just having mental blackouts, Brian. :)

Yeah, it's interesting how stuff gets merrily pirated all over the 'Net, isn't it? I posted my photos of Jensen Ackles from Texas in a couple of places so fans could share them, and found out a week later that somebody in Brazil was trying to sell prints of them on eBay. (Luckily, he took down the auction when I threatened to report him to eBay and PayPal.)

It takes so little time to contact somebody and say, "Can I use this?" But people seem to figure it's not necessary.

Those were yours, Brian?? :hair Oh man... yea, I'd be ticked too. But I too have been pirated... well, the Trek & Batman stuff ALL across the net. I finally just gave up, and let them have at it.

But I always extend the courtesy. Just this week, a STVB fan sent me a picture of our DVD at the Trek experience in Vegas, and I thought it was a nice story and effort on a fan's part to take the time to shoot the picture, e-mail me, and thank me for a good show. So I wrote him back, asking if it was okay if I post that on our website. Just the right thing to do.

A Few Props

Hi Kirok,

It's great to see a fanfilm of Quantum Leap!

Here are a few images of props I dug up from my folders. I'm a bit of a fanatic on props, I have lots of captures and thing scattered around in different folders. :D Here are a few ( A bit big for some internet connections, because they are reference):

The handlink (from "Liberation")
Lib1.jpg

Imaging Chamber door (Closed)
ICDclosed.jpg

Ziggy console (top):
acrosstable.jpg

Ziggy Console (front)
console.jpg

More to come tomorrow, probably :)

Fan Film Handlink...

hey, have you made your fan film yet? Id be willing to lend you one of my handlinks to use as long as you can make sure its not damaged. Plus, id like to see your film. I like to see how creative people can get. :) or if you like, i could make you one to use but it wouldnt be cheap. Cost 500 Bucks. But well worth it. lol The price is really just for the time it takes more than supplies. Handlink is very tricky. and i know the tricks now..

Brad