Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Not Right Now, but I'll look at it

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beckettslady

Project QL Intern
Sep 10, 2006
I'd like to know how many of you use Twitter, and how many of you would follow us if we set up on Twitter?

What is Twitter?

From the website at www.twitter.com:

Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?

=====

We're looking for ways to keep you up to date on what's going on with the con. Twitter is becoming the next big thing, so I wanted to see how many people were using it now, and whether it would be a good thing for the con to use -- especially as the date gets closer.

Donna Dickenson
Publicity Director
The Leap Back 2009 Convention

I've checked it out and I prefer message boards. They're faster to use and conversations work out better than in the twitter format.

I've been reading this poll's thread and it made me laugh. It's amazing how almost nobody had heard of twitter in september/october 2008 and now it's basically your every day bread. You hear about twitter everywhere, the radio, TV... Now even celebrities, people from the news, etc., have a twitter. Has it become more popular than facebook, myspace, hi5? I think so.

Well, don't worry about The Leap Back 2009 ever being on Twitter or any other social networking site for that matter. The committee (not me) voted to take down all websites and accounts related to the corporation.

Thank goodness I own this website and created it all before we incorporated or they'd have this site removed from existence as well!

I did a poll on my blog about Twitter and less than 10% out of 200 people use Twitter and very few people said they would change their browsing habits if I had Twitter posts, so I don't do it.

Twitter is just something you do in addition to your site. Basically like short text messages saying "come check out something new on my site" that other people can read. Twitter is better for news and event sites. Not a whole lot happening day-to-day in Scott, Dean, or Quantum Leap news so no real need for a Twitter feed tbh.

Twitter so far for me has been a great way to keep in touch with friends who I often only see only once a week, if even that.

I've especially enjoyed following some of my favorite celebrities on Twitter. David Hewlett is a particularly endearing person to follow.

Joy