Hi There :)

angvee

Project QL Intern
Aug 7, 2011
Australia
www.turboimagehost.com
Hello everyone :)

I have not been in this forum for quite some time now.......

Although I have seen Quantum Leap I may not have quite an understanding of the show like other people have and just having logged in for the first time in a while, please bare with me while I may ask silly questions about the show from time to time.......

So far looking through this website I have come across the podcasts which are very very good to listen to......

Great podcasts! :)

Ang

:)

Last edited:
Welcome back Ang
There are no stupid questions but the ones left unasked.
Fire away, we'll answer as best we can.

Welcome back, looking forward to your questions :)

Thank you everyone for welcoming myself back :)

First question....... Mirror Image...... Stawpah....... If my thinking is correct Stawpah did pass away right? Has the idea of a deceased person leaping been bought up in any other episode? Or is that an idea open to viewers in regards to what they think it may mean?

Second question....... In Mirror Image....... I see that Sam never returned home...... Has it ever been touched upon whether Sam could return to his own lifetime? I mean as himself?

Third question...... I am loving the podcasts at the moment..... They are brilliant........ Would it be rude to ask if I could put one up of my own? Or are podcasts uploaded by long term members of this forum?

Question four....... I am in the middle of creating some Quantum Leap fan video's and may put them up on youtube...... Would I be able to put up youtube link in this forum for people to view my fan video's?

So sorry if I do not make sense...... If not PLEASE ask :)

Thank you everyone for welcoming myself back :)

First question....... Mirror Image...... Stawpah....... If my thinking is correct Stawpah did pass away right? Has the idea of a deceased person leaping been bought up in any other episode? Or is that an idea open to viewers in regards to what they think it may mean?

Second question....... In Mirror Image....... I see that Sam never returned home...... Has it ever been touched upon whether Sam could return to his own lifetime? I mean as himself?

Third question...... I am loving the podcasts at the moment..... They are brilliant........ Would it be rude to ask if I could put one up of my own? Or are podcasts uploaded by long term members of this forum?

Question four....... I am in the middle of creating some Quantum Leap fan video's and may put them up on youtube...... Would I be able to put up youtube link in this forum for people to view my fan video's?

So sorry if I do not make sense...... If not PLEASE ask :)

Hi angvee! I can try to answer a couple of these (or give you my take). :)

1) Yes, Stawpah is dead - Gooshie (bar Gooshie) tells us that he died in 1933, 20 years before the date of the Mirror Image leap.

2) Never touched upon in the series of course, but since it's implied that Sam is leaping as himself and is in control I don't see why he couldn't leap back to his own time as himself. But the last card indicates that he just kept leaping and never returned home (as opposed to qualifying that he never returned home permanently). :)

3) The podfics are actually the creation of people who work out of their own blog, not this site. Lightning McQueenie is involved in creating those now and can give you more info about that.

4) Everyone is welcome to link to their own fanworks here. There is a section for music videos and themes here: http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=171

Hope that helps!

Hi angvee! I can try to answer a couple of these (or give you my take). :)

1) Yes, Stawpah is dead - Gooshie (bar Gooshie) tells us that he died in 1933, 20 years before the date of the Mirror Image leap.

2) Never touched upon in the series of course, but since it's implied that Sam is leaping as himself and is in control I don't see why he couldn't leap back to his own time as himself. But the last card indicates that he just kept leaping and never returned home (as opposed to qualifying that he never returned home permanently). :)

3) The podfics are actually the creation of people who work out of their own blog, not this site. Lightning McQueenie is involved in creating those now and can give you more info about that.

4) Everyone is welcome to link to their own fanworks here. There is a section for music videos and themes here: http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=171

Hope that helps!

Hi Blue Enigma :)

Thank you for your answer :)

You have helped heaps :)

Much appreciated :)

Hello Angvee and welcome back. The only truly stupid question is the one that is never asked. :)

angvee said:

Correct, Stawpah was Al's uncle on his mother's side (he reveals he had an uncle who fits Stawpah's description and it's mentioned that Stawpah is a Russian name, we learn in season 1 that Al's mother was Russian) who passed away working in the mines in I believe it was 1933. How Al knew about this uncle could be questionable because 1933 is a year before he was born and he was a very young child when his mother left but I digress. Stawpah was trapped in repeating leap because he kept failing to save two lives he was required to save (Tanchi and Pete).

We see a similar being with Angela in season 4's 'It's a Wonderful Leap' who was an angel revealed to have died in 1928 sent to guide Sam.

angvee said:

No it's not but I've discussed this with blue_enigma before, once Sam learned to accept that he could control his leaps and successfully did it once (to Beth's house) there is no logical reason why he couldn't have chosen to return home in between leaps rather than to just stay in the past...and yes as himself. Just as he'd appeared as himself to Beth. In fact it's implied by Al the Bartender that his continued leaping for however long would occur with him appearing as himself. That would sensibly also be a factor he could control.

These are the only two of your questions I am able to answer and I hoped this helped.

Hello Angvee and welcome back. The only truly stupid question is the one that is never asked. :)

Correct, Stawpah was Al's uncle on his mother's side (he reveals he had an uncle who fits Stawpah's description and it's mentioned that Stawpah is a Russian name, we learn in season 1 that Al's mother was Russian) who passed away working in the mines in I believe it was 1933. How Al knew about this uncle could be questionable because 1933 is a year before he was born and he was a very young child when his mother left but I digress. Stawpah was trapped in repeating leap because he kept failing to save two lives he was required to save (Tanchi and Pete).

We see a similar being with Angela in season 4's 'It's a Wonderful Leap' who was an angel revealed to have died in 1928 sent to guide Sam.

No it's not but I've discussed this with blue_enigma before, once Sam learned to accept that he could control his leaps and successfully did it once (to Beth's house) there is no logical reason why he couldn't have chosen to return home in between leaps rather than to just stay in the past...and yes as himself. Just as he'd appeared as himself to Beth. In fact it's implied by Al the Bartender that his continued leaping for however long would occur with him appearing as himself. That would sensibly also be a factor he could control.

These are the only two of your questions I am able to answer and I hoped this helped.

Thank you for your answer greatly appreciated :)

I suggest you read this article about Mirror Image that I wrote, to understand the final episode a bit more. A lot of it is speculation, but I think it all fits.

Thank you for complimenting the Quantum Leap Podcast. If you'd like to contact us with any feedback you can email us at quantumleappodcast@gmail.com or join our Facebook page. You are also more than welcome to make any of your own podcasts that you like, and if you get into contact with us, we'd be happy to do cross-promotion with you too :)