Where are they now? Cast catchup

Bruce McGill career suicide pt 2

I've been trawling [pun intended] through all my old video tapes deciding if they need to be transferred to DVD, bought on DVD or just dumped.
Found an old movie from 1981 called 'A Whale for the Killing' with Peter Strauss and Dee Wallace.
Bruce McGill plays an arrogant, argumentative - lets face it - total a**hole!
Shows his diversity I guess, but this character had NO redeeming features whatsoever. Surely not one he'd want to be remembered for? :disbelief

I've been trawling [pun intended] through all my old video tapes deciding if they need to be transferred to DVD, bought on DVD or just dumped.
Found an old movie from 1981 called 'A Whale for the Killing' with Peter Strauss and Dee Wallace.
Bruce McGill plays an arrogant, argumentative - lets face it - total a**hole!
Shows his diversity I guess, but this character had NO redeeming features whatsoever. Surely not one he'd want to be remembered for? :disbelief

He played a similar type of character in another 80's movie 'Wildcats', only he was a football coach. Loud mouthed, argumentative, sore loser, etc.

One of my favorite 'that guy' character actors and definitely a favorite QL guest star.

I loved Bruce in "The Legend Of Bagger Vance". He plays a rich, successful golfer there with Will Smith. It was actually a surprise for me when I saw him. I had only rented the movie but I had no idea he appeared there. He doesn't have a small role there, either. He's one of those actors who are kinda prolific and very versatile at what they do.

I just saw Bruce McGill today on a "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" epísode from season 5. Outstanding! My point: He's very versatile. He definitely knows how to play a bastard as well as a kind guy.

My point: He's very versatile. He definitely knows how to play a bastard as well as a kind guy.

Agreed. Part of why he's one of my all-time favorite 'that guy' actors. I've loved him since the first time I saw him in 'Animal House'.

Did you see 'Lincoln'? It's one of those roles where you don't immediately recognize him unless you know he's in it.

Agreed. Part of why he's one of my all-time favorite 'that guy' actors. I've loved him since the first time I saw him in 'Animal House'.

Did you see 'Lincoln'? It's one of those roles where you don't immediately recognize him unless you know he's in it.

Haven't seen it yet. I might as well check it out soon.

Another alumni sighting

Just watched a movie called 'Ticking Clock' with Cuba Gooding Jr as an investigative reporter tracking a time-traveling serial killer. :hair
Recognised both the name and the face of the actor playing the killer, but took me the whole movie to put two and two together and realise that Neal McDonough was Chucky in Play Ball. :rolleyes