Prayers on Wednesday please

leaper1

PQL Security Staff
Staff member
Sep 1, 2002
Bedford, England
So I get up full of the joys cos it's our Anniversary and go to make hubby breakfast in bed.
The post is in early, so I collect it on the way to the kitchen.

Day ruined.

A couple of weeks ago I went for a routine breast screening. This morning I get a letter saying I've been recalled for a second one, next Wednesday - 8th August at 9.30am local. Needless to say, I am somewhat anxious about this. It isn't even at our local hospital, but one some distance away.

I would appreciate the positive thoughts and prayers of my good friends here on the morning. Fingers crossed it turns out to be a 'just to make sure' rather than a 'good job we spotted it early'.

Helen, take care. I wish you all the best and I'll be thinking about you. Try to find things to do that will take your mind off it. Waiting for your next appointment may be the worst part.

God bless.

Helen, prayers are being said and all will be fine. Remember 99% of what we worry about never happens. Quick story to give you more confidence. Jackie at my church went for her routine scan a month or so ago, something about the way the technicians were looking at the scan made her get up and look, she's a nurse so knew what she was looking at, a huge black mass!, She said out loud "Oh God! Help me!" and then went a talked to her support network for prayer until her next appointment. (much as you are doing) When they got to the next appointment, they did a scan and there was nothing there, which confused the doctor no end. He went back to look a the stills of the first scan and guess what, they weren't in the envelope, they have vanished and no one can find them. As the Doc from Back to the Future would say "Erased from existence!"

One Wednesday down...

First of all, thank you all for your prayers and words of comfort and good wishes.

Got there early this morning since the traffic wasn't as bad as expected.
My lovely daughter doesn't have to work Wednesday mornings, and they kindly said that she could be late in this afternoon if need be so she could come and hold my hand.

I got called early.
Whole barrage of x-rays, ultrasound, needle aspiration, more x-rays and 3 core biopsy samples later and I got out around 11am.

They think it is most likely benign - a cyst or similar, but cannot be sure until the biopsy results come through next Wednesday. I should get a phone call between 2.30pm and 4.30pm (local time) on the afternoon of Wednesday 15th August.
At least it won't be the 14th, to spoil my son's 21st birthday if it turned out to be bad news after all.

I'm trying to keep positive thoughts, but the nagging doubt still chips away at me at odd moments.

So I crave your indulgence to keep me in your prayers next Wednesday as well.
I'll post as soon as I know anything.

Thanks again, friends,

You'll have my prayers next Wednesday, don't you worry! You'll be fine, don't worry about it too much.

Sounds like you had a busy day, though, all those X-rays and what not.
Not really much else I can say, other than what I've already said.

You've got it. Hope this puts a smile on your face...package went out Monday morning...

I'm with Bexter

I just saw this, Helen. I'm pulling for ya and saying prayers for you.

Just got the all clear!
:hurray::hurray::hurray:

Turns out it was benign after all - phew.

That's it now until next screening in 3 years time.

Thanks again to all those who sent me their prayers and good wishes.
I love you guys.

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: Yay!! ...and thank you Lord, for prayers answered!:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:​

leaper1 said:
Just got the all clear!
:hurray::hurray::hurray:

Turns out it was benign after all - phew.

That's it now until next screening in 3 years time.

Thanks again to all those who sent me their prayers and good wishes.
I love you guys.

Eleiece

sorry, I didn't can to prayer to you. I'm reading this notice only now. My english isn't good and so I employ much time to read thread.
I'm pleased for your positive notice :)

I've only just seen this thread now and it is good to see you have the all clear. :D I hope you never have to go through a scare like that again.

Please spare a thought for 3 of my co-workers. We have had 3 diagnosed with breast cancer in the last 2-3 months. I just heard about the 3rd one tonight. :cry I hope they will be ok.

Aussie said:
I've only just seen this thread now and it is good to see you have the all clear. :D I hope you never have to go through a scare like that again.

Please spare a thought for 3 of my co-workers. We have had 3 diagnosed with breast cancer in the last 2-3 months. I just heard about the 3rd one tonight. :cry I hope they will be ok.

Thanks for your good wishes Aussie, and of course my prayers go to your colleagues.