Nudity on Quantum Leap

Nudity on network TV violates the FCC's decency laws and so is not allowed. Generally the censors would pick it up and make sure it was eliminated. If caught by the FCC it can be cause for a fine.

jmoniz said:
Nudity on network TV violates the FCC's decency laws and so is not allowed. Generally the censors would pick it up and make sure it was eliminated. If caught by the FCC it can be cause for a fine.

thanks Julia. I think that you guys were hoping that Terry's breast would be exposed...try the uncensored Hellraiser series...she is in that. Also, I wish sometimes that the FCC wouldn't because we could watch Hamlet with Sam & see his embarassment...then again, it is embarassing to play strip poker...

I haven't watched the episode in a long time, but if (as I vaguely remember) she was filmed from some distance away, she was probably wearing something similar to a flesh-colored bathing suit. She would not actually have been nude.

Really, though, that scene is pretty mild compared to some of the stuff that shows up on network TV these days.

Really, though, that scene is pretty mild compared to some of the stuff that shows up on network TV these days.

Isn't that the truth. I feel like the only way I can watch TV with my nephews is to have the remote handy and "accidentally" turn the TV off if necessary. It shouldn't be a problem in the future, though, since I introduced them to QL and they both love it.

And what about Scott in a diaper, for an entire episode? That's more eyebrow-raising than Terry Farrell in the dark, from a distance. :)

I haven't watched the episode in a long time, but if (as I vaguely remember) she was filmed from some distance away, she was probably wearing something similar to a flesh-colored bathing suit. She would not actually have been nude.

With the advancement in todays technology, (and with the help that NBC now streams it for free) can can take a screen shot and zoom in, and clearly see she is wearing what looks to be park of the bikini (glued?) for her breasts, so there is no string in the back for the closeups.

https://cdn2.aznude.com/antibandit/terryfarrell/quantumleap/thumb3_Farrell-Quantum-Leap-s-02.jpg