Old 12-30-2005, 04:22 PM   #1
QLEAP
Imaging Chamber Technician

Default Signature Question

Hi! I'm still a bit of a newbie here and for some time haven't been able to see my signature in my posts...I added a quote to my sig line and it doesn't show up...
I know I have all of my show signature boxes checked in my profile so I just can't figure out what is wrong...
Thanks for you help
QLeap
Old 12-30-2005, 04:23 PM   #2
QLEAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLEAP
Hi! I'm still a bit of a newbie here and for some time haven't been able to see my signature in my posts...I added a quote to my sig line and it doesn't show up...
I know I have all of my show signature boxes checked in my profile so I just can't figure out what is wrong...
Thanks for you help
QLeap
Ok..now I see it...that's weird..maybe it just takes a minute or two for it to work? Anyway..nevermind..I think it's working now..lol!
Old 12-30-2005, 04:35 PM   #3
QLEAP

Ok...bak again and still talking to myself..lol! I can't see my signature on some other boards..I can see it on this one though..is there a reason for that?
Old 12-30-2005, 05:22 PM   #4
QL Damsel
Al's Place / TVS Administrator

I'm not sure if there is a reason or not.

Morgan... can you help?

MJ
Old 12-30-2005, 11:54 PM   #5
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

What do you mean by other boards? Other vbulletin boards? It's will only work on this website. Does that answer the question?

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 12:35 AM   #6
QLEAP

Nope..I mean other boards on THIS message board..sometimes it shows up and other times it doesn't...and I always give it some time to see if it will show up
Old 12-31-2005, 12:43 AM   #7
QLEAP

Here's a thread within this site where I can't see the signature...

http://quantumleap-alsplace.com/foru...ead.php?t=2068

I hope you will be able to see what I'm seeing...otherwise I'm going to think I'm losing it..lol
Old 12-31-2005, 01:00 AM   #8
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

Hmmm that's strange indeed. Are you sure you aren't accidentally unchecking the box that says "show your signature"? Just a thought.

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 02:09 AM   #9
Samantha Beckett
Project Observer

Lothos got to your computer QLeap.........

Samantha Beckett
Old 12-31-2005, 03:09 AM   #10
QLEAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsplacebartender
Hmmm that's strange indeed. Are you sure you aren't accidentally unchecking the box that says "show your signature"? Just a thought.
Nope..I'm not unchecking anything...I promise

So you see it too? At least I'm not losing my mind...lol!

LOL @ Samantha about Lothos! Yea..I think the evil leaper is messing with the board...I don't have any other explanation...pretty weird huh?
Old 12-31-2005, 08:17 PM   #11
Samantha Beckett
Project Observer

Quote:
LOL @ Samantha about Lothos! Yea..I think the evil leaper is messing with the board...I don't have any other explanation...pretty weird huh?
I always used to blame Hal from 2001: A Space Odessey for anything that went wrong electronically, now I say Lothos.

Samantha Beckett
Old 01-01-2006, 12:13 PM   #12
QLEAP

LOL! Another strange thing I've discovered while posting is that if I click on the edit button..it just takes me to a page where it asks me why I want to delete my post..lol! I don't want to delete anything, I just want to edit..
Lothos! Leave me alone!
Old 01-01-2006, 03:28 PM   #13
Dman176

Quote:
LOL! Another strange thing I've discovered while posting is that if I click on the edit button..it just takes me to a page where it asks me why I want to delete my post..lol! I don't want to delete anything, I just want to edit..
Lothos! Leave me alone!
I think that's just a feature of vBulletin which, so many of us agree, is much better than ezboard where this board originated before the May 31st ezboard server crash. Except for administrators and moderators, members couldn't delete their own posts.

Anyway, all you need to do is scroll down beyond the delete prompt and you'll see the edit box. Just ignore the delete box (unless, of course, you want to delete your post...)

Damon
Old 01-01-2006, 05:50 PM   #14
QLEAP

Ooops...Ok my face is red on that one..lol! I didn't scroll down far enough to see it...sheesh...but I was right about my signature though.. Thanks Damon..I appreciate yours and everyone's help
QLeap
Old 01-01-2006, 05:54 PM   #15
Dman176

No problem!
Old 01-01-2006, 08:14 PM   #16
feldon30
Forum Technician

Quote:
Ok...bak again and still talking to myself..lol! I can't see my signature on some other boards..I can see it on this one though..is there a reason for that?
I love vBulletin, but all software has quirks.

vBulletin lets you check 'Add signature to post' when you are posting a message. Occasionally I turn it off if I am posting information from another source other than my little grey cells.

You registered on this forum, posted a few times, and then added a Signature. Since you did not have a signature at the time of your first few posts, it didn't even ask you to add your signature. So the older posts don't have a Signature.

Clear as mud, eh?

If you're bored, you can always go back to your old posts, hit Edit and then check Add Signature to post as I did in the example you posted.

I've requested this as a feature change on vBulletin.com.

Quote:
LOL! Another strange thing I've discovered while posting is that if I click on the edit button..it just takes me to a page where it asks me why I want to delete my post..
I'm going to upgrade to vBulletin 3.5 tonight which has a much nicer Edit page. It doesn't even load a new page.

Last edited by feldon30; 01-01-2006 at 08:58 PM.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote