The con is picking up speed!

CarolD

Jul 15, 2006
New York
Last week was a milestone in con planning - the 5 of us on the committee got together for the first time! Before then, we had "met" only online, via e-mail, forum posts and chats.

It was great meeting everyone, putting faces to the names, and getting some "live" con planning underway. I'm happy to tell you that things are picking up speed now that we're getting down to the 1-year point. All 5 of us, plus our MC Marc Lee, are pedal to the metal in putting together an unforgettable event for you all.

The con forum is also picking up speed -- so drop by over there, see what's going on, and chip in with your thoughts, suggestions, and questions! We'll have some exciting announcements for you over the next few weeks, so stay tuned!

I taked with all these girls (and Brian) on speakerphone and the Brits had me pulling out my universal translator. Couldn't see the subtitles so I got every other word from those gals. Something about fish and chips and bollocks!

Oh well! What a fantastic group of people associated with this event. Don't bust their chops too much because they will have a shipload of Excedrin thru this whole ordeal. I said "shipload".

LEAPBACK....here we come!!!!!!!!!!!

We are definately full speed ahead in the planning stages! It was great to meet my other committee members and we are really going to make this special and probably a lot bigger than we had originally planned!

Be sure to drop by the forums as Carol mentioned - post your ideas, what you;d like to see, anything at all!

Teehee,

If Marc was worried about people misreading 'shipload', how about Carol's heading of

"The Con is picking up speed"

Sounded to me like a news headline about a prisoner getting hold of drugs!

Don't mind me folks, I'm just :wacko