Hello, Fellow Leapers!

cookiemom6067

Project QL Intern
May 13, 2007
Kansas
I am a mother of 3 from Kansas and I love Quantum Leap. I have just rediscovered the series on DVD (hate the music substitutions), and am introducing it to my two younger children. I adore Scott Bakula and admire Dean Stockwell's work, as well. I'm trying to figure out how to make the Leap Back in '09 (since it's in March and I'm a CPA - not a good time for me to take a trip).

I love the Al's Place site! I have referred to it many times in the last several weeks.

I'm glad to be here!

Glad to have you here!

Welcome from the resident :wacko Brit.

Catch a Falling Star is my favorite ep too.

Pull up a barstool and sit a spell, the first Rodbeer is on me! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on our favorite series.

Mr Qestionmark said:
hey, you arent the Only Brit here :D

'The British are coming'!

Never claimed to be! I don't even think I was the first. I'm not sure there's many would challenge me on being the wackiest though!

Hi Cookiemom, (on in australia you'd be know as bickymum - hee hee)
I'm also a mother of 3 but haven't got my kids into QL they are a little young, but my 13 year old neice likes to come and visit and we stay up really late watching eps back to back. Welcome to Al's place, I'm also sort of new and I really like it here, very nice people. As far as leap back goes, at least your in the right country, I've go no chance of getting there *sigh*

Bexter said:
Hi Cookiemom, (on in australia you'd be know as bickymum - hee hee)
I'm also a mother of 3 but haven't got my kids into QL they are a little young

When QL was first being broadcast, my oldest was a toddler. When it came on, I would say, "Look Geoffrey! It's Sam and Al!!" So, yeah, I get the "little too young thing." He just was never as excited as I was. :lol

But my almost-8-year old son loves watching it some of the time. He sometimes loses the thread, particularly when its a dramatic episode, but he does know what's going on. He prefers the funny ones, of course. My 12-year-old daughter is waiting for approval to join the community here. I just sent off my consent for her to post. I'm sure you'll "recognize" her - lilcookie6067. Oddly enough, she remembers seeing "The Wrong Stuff" from when she was about 3.

Welcome to the Board!!

If you reeaaallllyy hate the music replacement importing R2 sets is the only way to go. Unless, like me your cheap.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

>>> Leaper1 - craziest brit? I think i'll have to talk to my yoghurt pot collection about that. Captain X-Ray i'm coming!!!

For the proper music I bought R2, Seasons 2, 3 & 4 only to find that "I Want To Know What Love Is" by Foreigner has been replaced in both R1 and R2 sets. I vote that we all write Universal ask for corrections and a re release of a set of all 5 seasons. I would have to purchase them. I have very little control when it comes to QL.

cookiemom6067 said:
When QL was first being broadcast, my oldest was a toddler. When it came on, I would say, "Look Geoffrey! It's Sam and Al!!" So, yeah, I get the "little too young thing." He just was never as excited as I was. :lol

I don't really watch tv when my kids are awake, I just watched 2 eps of QL as they are asleep and hubby's not home. My Sam (Samantha - 8yrs) used to like Star Trek Enterprise and still remembers a few episodes so recognises Sam Beckett from that, but as per the immortal words of prince phillip "If it doesn't eat hay and fart, she's not interested" (referring to Princess Anne's preference to nothing but horses) My 2 girls wouldn't watch QL unless there was a horse in every episode, actually they don't watch anything unless theres a horse in every episode. So I have a bit of work ahead of me to make the Sci Fi Fans, OK, Gotta Go, Hubby's home