Your nickname

Imagine

Project QL Intern
Mar 31, 2009
Germany
Hi,

I'm interested in why you have chosen your nickname or what's the meaning of it.

I named myself Imagine, because I like the song and I love to see Sam singing it in the episode The Leap Back for his little sister. :dreaming

I think the username "ohboy" is pretty obvious. As I stated in my introduction when I first came to the site, it was the catchphrase of Sam, and though not very creative on my part, I like it.

It's a nickname from college.

My Dad originally wanted to name me "Eowyn" because he thought it was a strong name.

Mom and her side of the family said "no" and I was named "Erin Mary" instead.

I'm a big fan of Lord of the Rings and in college a friend nicknamed me "Errowyn."

I think the username "ohboy" is pretty obvious. As I stated in my introduction when I first came to the site, it was the catchphrase of Sam, and though not very creative on my part, I like it.
I think it's clever and very appropriate! I smile every time I see it on a post.

My ID is simple: I'm a native of New York City and I'm a science fiction fan.

My nickname is a mess. First off, I'm a very huge fan of the Horror genre, but QL introduced it to me with its B**gieman episode. Ever since I was introduced to the Horror genre I've been having some very strange nightmares, so I got curious about them and went to investigate if they were common or something. I learned many amazing things about them (now I love my nightmares and I actually get disappointed when I don't have one), but the important thing here is that those scary dreams are commonly known as 'night terrors,' as many of you may know very well. You basically dream about the room where you're sleeping in, but it's darker, there's a bad feel to the atmosphere, and there's always a stranger there with you, and that stranger wants to hurt you or something (sort of like a Freddy Krueger nightmare). Sometimes, instead of a stranger, you dream about a monster that is sitting on your chest and is trying to steal your breath while you're lying down on your bed. I'm a huge fan of Stephen King, too, and he has a story like that in one of his movies (QL introduced me to King, too).

Secondly, I love the episodes "Dreams" (which deals with nightmares) and "Permanent Wave" (which has a creepy feel to it, even if it's more like a thriller). My nickname is like a tribute/homage to those episodes, especially to "Permanent Wave", and especially to a line Kyle's mother has. At some point, she tells Sam that "she had these night terrors," referring to something that happened to her family in the past. I don't want to spoil anything (well, only a little), but, for those who have already seen this episode, please try to remember the last few minutes of it and, believe it or not, it all plays like an authentic night terror, including the shaky camera movements and everything, except that nobody's asleep, it's all really happening to these characters. Scott's directing is very solid there (even the entire episode has that nightmarish feel to it).

So, in conclusion, Night Terror for "The B**gieman", Night Terror for being a scary dream (but not quite a nightmare), Night Terror for the Horror genre (not the only one I like, though; I absolutely LOVE all fiction), Night Terror for "Dreams", and Night Terror for "Permanent Wave" (that line and that scene in particular, which is one of my favorites). Like I told you, a real mess, and many people have told me that it looks like it doesn't have anything to do with Quantum Leap, but it does. That kinda explains my avatar too, which is Sam confronting Devil Al in "The B**gieman". I wanted to find more pictures from that scene on the web, but the only ones I found were from the Al's Place Episode Guide, so I took 'em. Oh, man, I'm such a geek. Oh, well!

Errowyn said:
It's a nickname from college.

My Dad originally wanted to name me "Eowyn" because he thought it was a strong name.

Mom and her side of the family said "no" and I was named "Erin Mary" instead.

I'm a big fan of Lord of the Rings and in college a friend nicknamed me "Errowyn."

When I signed up, I had just finished watching the LOTR Trilogy (for like the 30th time in my life), and the first time I saw you I was like "wait, that sounds familiar, she must be a LOTR fan, too", and thought about asking you if it really had anything to do with that, but never dared to do so. It could've been just a coincidence. Anyway, it's a shame your mom and her side of the family said "no." Eowyn sounds beautiful, but Erin Mary is very nice, too.

There's no meaning behind my nickname, it just... is.

I really should have put myself as "Somewhere In The Night" because often my usernames on websites/forums are the names of songs I like.

Mine is simple - I'm a hugh fan of "Mortal Kombat"(Well at least was 'till they stopped releasing it for PC) and my favorite character there is "Sub Zero". I'm also from Israel so basiclly it's the initials of "Israeli Sub Zero"

jassian was actually the name of a role play character I created over a decade ago.
She's become quite complex ad there's a fair deal of history to her and the name now.
It's become a bit of an alias since and I want to use it for a company I hope to found in the near future.

This is a really cool topic. :)

I wonder if the people from the other two forums I frequent think so, since they have nothing to do with Quantum Leap. :lol But thanks for the compliment.

:lol it would still be funny, but here it's extra funny :)

When I signed up, I had just finished watching the LOTR Trilogy (for like the 30th time in my life), and the first time I saw you I was like "wait, that sounds familiar, she must be a LOTR fan, too", and thought about asking you if it really had anything to do with that, but never dared to do so. It could've been just a coincidence. Anyway, it's a shame your mom and her side of the family said "no." Eowyn sounds beautiful, but Erin Mary is very nice, too.

Thank you.

I'm very approachable. A bit goofy but approachable. :wacko

Mine is simple - I'm a hugh fan of "Mortal Kombat"(Well at least was 'till they stopped releasing it for PC) and my favorite character there is "Sub Zero". I'm also from Israel so basiclly it's the initials of "Israeli Sub Zero"

Ah that's what it means, cool! :) (I preferred mortal combat ont the pc too)

My name is Marissa, and when I used to play video games and you could only use 3 letters for the high score table I went with the middle letters of my name RIS rather than my initials. About 15 years ago I decided to get personalised number plates for my car, so I needed to come up with 3 numbers, I wanted 187 as my birthday is on the 18th of July but RIS187 was already taken so I got RIS768 which is the month and year I was born.

I might have mentioned it once before, but my nickname is one of 2 usernames I use online:

Dman176 -- basically I use the first letter of my real name, Damon, which also sounds like "D-Man"; "176" is the month and year I was born, January 1976.

The other more common username I use is "suggie176" -- Sugameli is my last name, and "Suggie" is a nickname people often call my father and me.

Basically, I thought that Ziggy couldn't possibly still be available on a Quantum Leap forum. How wrong I was! I reckon if I was igning up again now I'd probably make some Count Duckula reference. XD

Mine comes from an online game I play.
I was creating my first character and inspiration would not strike for a name.
I put in Mr ? intending to have a think with a coffee and a cigarette, Still nothing so went with what I had.
It is a name I always use now online.

My nickname is actually the name of a character in a story I've been working on for quite a while.

Eleiece

Mine comes from an online game I play.
I was creating my first character and inspiration would not strike for a name.
I put in Mr ? intending to have a think with a coffee and a cigarette, Still nothing so went with what I had.
It is a name I always use now online.
Good idea! :roflmao: