A day to remember...

D

Dman176

I'm sure I don't need to remind anyone here of the tragic events that occured 2 years ago on this day, not only affecting New York, but the world over. I feel it would be best to take this time to pray for all the people who were deeply affected by the events of September 11th, whether they lost a loved one, or like me, felt deeply saddened by the lives and innocence that our country lost that day.

May we all be able to find a sense of peace in these dark times, and comfort in the knowledge that we have found each other, as friends, as an online community, and most importantly, as a FAMILY! And as long as we have that, there is nothing in the world that can take it away from us!

I keep each and every one of you very close to my heart. And I am proud to call you my friends. :D

God Bless, all!

Damon

What Damon said, absolutely. I, too, keep you close in my heart and count myself the richer for your friendship.
:)

Eleiece

And I too add my voice.
You guys have been great, like true family - better, cos we get to choose you! I know some of you have really been there for me when i have needed a friend, and I hope I have been of some comfort to those who have turned to me in their need.

I love you guys!

:luvya

The one good thing about bad times is that they show us who our real friends are.
God bless you all. Via con Dios.

Echoing everyone here

I'm so proud to know each and every one of you

Love to you all

When I got up this morning, I went to my calendar(of the NY skyline) that is hanging up in my bedroom and put a few fingers up to the twin towers and gave a few moments of silence in memory of the most important lost lives and the least important part of the skyline that I will miss very much since I never got the chance to be in the WTC towers. I will truly miss everyone that died even though I don't know them. One of the thousands of people that died was David Angell, one of 3 creators of "Frasier" and "Wings". I think his wife was with him when he died on the plane, so that's good news for him.
-Where was I when I found out about the WTC tragedy? :leap
I was a senior in HS going into my period 3 study hall in the art room. The lights were off and TV on. So far a normal study hall day, considering we usually had the TV on and lights off. The TV was tuned to, I think, MSNBC and when I first saw what had happened my heart dropped to my feet.
-Imagine Sam Beckett leaping into you at the time when you first found out about this tragedy as a prologue of what was to come in a possible story.

~Steve
September 11, 2003
Love to all my fellow leapers!

I watched it live... and knew that our world was going to change forever.

For the first time, we were a victim, right along with the British, French, and other countries that have had terrorism strike. For the first time, we couldn't just sit back and give economic sanctions or political naysay... we had to react.

Now, some argue that they had a reason to strike back. As a vet, I can tell you that the general public doesn't get to hear about a lot of the military actions commited by our government's ruling body.

I can also tell you that the news is so heavily edited - who would really care about some kids starving in some fifth-world country as opposed to some celeb here that is having her breast implants removed!! I mean, gimme a break!

Maybe they had a reason to strike back... maybe not. I will not be so naive to think that they didn't react for ANY reason.

But the target of their attacks (a second try no less) was more political and visual than ANY bomb or airplane disaster. They were making a point, and made it.

Now, we're faced with the reality of not only that fool, but also another one we're trying to dispose of that is in reality a tool of our own manufacture. Saddam (like the OTHER guy) was trained and sponsored by our own government.

Now, does that justify the costs of four thousand innocent lives? That's the answer that wakes me up at night with anger and hate in my heart...

Fortunately, I wasn't one of the ones hurt personally by this action. I lost a classmate, true, but nobody I knew personally. I can only think with shock and dismay that people like our own Damon and Ross had to deal with the aftereffects, and how our country's perspective has been changed ... forever!

love all ya guys!

matt

Actually,

I didn't lose anyone that I knew personally.
Losing David Angell was like having to deal with Don Bellisario dying in the 9/11 tragedy. Of course he didn't. I thank God that I didn't lose anyone that I know and love and I have a special place in my heart dedicated to each person who has lost a loved one.
On another note, :cheers to Don's new show on CBS this fall!

~Steve
September 14, 2003
:leap