Quantum leap a bump in the night

John64

Project QL Intern
Mar 20, 2018
Hi this is a new fan fiction story written by a Good friend of mine girldanger15 enjoy

Chapter 1: Leaping Into Australia Pt 1

Quantum Leap intro for season 6:

Theorising that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Doctor Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished...

He woke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Al, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Sam can see and hear. And so, Doctor Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap will be the next leap home...

Sam: Oh boy!

..............................................................................................................

Murray Bridge, South Australia

A 17 year old girl named Dot Kempler and her two friends Gloria and Katie were in the woods, exploring the beautiful Australian wilderness.

As they were on their way home, they had to cross the bridge.

All three girls were hesitating at the beginning of the bridge.

"It was a bad idea coming this way, Dot." Gloria, the sassy and bossy strawberry blonde haired girl with brown eyes said, looking at the orange-red haired girl that had brown eyes.

"I... I'm sorry but, this is the only way that we can cross to get home." Dot said, looking from one side of the bridge to the other.

Katie stood there, quietly.

Deep below the bridge, there was a creature dwelling on the surface of the water.

The creature was an animal with razor sharp teeth, blood on its lips and sharp claws.

It had a tail and it also could hear the three girls talking on the bridge.

The creature's stomach began to growl.

Its last meal was four hours ago and the creature was still hungry.

Gloria huffed at Dot and Katie.

"I'll show you girls a different way to get around the bridge." She said, now getting on the right side rail of the bridge.

Gloria was now trying to balance herself.

Dot and Katie were walking on the sidewalk, looking up at Gloria.

The creature below the bridge had now began to come out of the darkness and into the light.

When the creature did that, its yellow orange-red eyes saw the young human girl balancing herself on the side rail but was struggling.

The creature then leaped out of the water and used its sharp claws to hold onto Gloria's legs.

Gloria cried out, in pain.

"GLORIA!!!" Dot and Katie said, together as they stopped walking and were now looking at the struggling girl.

Gloria looked at them, with fear in her eyes.

"The... The Bunyip! It...It has my legs!" She said, grabbing the side rail with both of her hands, while the Bunyip was beginning to pull her down.

Dot and Katie were now trying to help Gloria but, with the Bunyip beginning to use its strength to pull down the young girl, it was no use.

"Dot... Katie...?" Gloria said, looking at them with fear and pain in her eyes.

Dot and Katie tried to make eye contact with her while not looking at the Bunyip.

"Yes Gloria?" The two said at the same time.

Gloria breathed in and out, calmly.

"Promise me that you'll tell my folks that I love them and that I will miss them." Gloria said, while one of her hands were slipping and she was holding on with her other hand.

Dot and Katie looked at each other for a minute and then back at Gloria.

"We promise, Gloria!" Dot said, with tears in her eyes.

Katie nodded.

"We promise, Gloria." She said, in a subtle but sad voice.

Gloria smiled and began to let go of the side rail.

When she did that, she and the Bunyip now fell into the water.

After she went over, Dot had tears in her eyes.

"GLORIA!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" She said, now running over to the side rail and began to climb it.

Katie grabbed her and placed her back down onto the sidewalk, gently.

"I'm sorry, Dot but, there's nothing that we can do for her now." She said, hugging the young girl.

Dot sniffled.

"Let's just go home. My mom and dad are probably worried about me by now." She said, wiping away the tears from her eyes.

Katie smiled and held her hand.

Together, the two began to finish with crossing the bridge.

After the two girls left, the Bunyip came out of the water and roared.

It was satisfied with the tasty morsel but, it was concerned about its baby because its baby was left 30 miles back upstream.

After the Bunyip mother roared, she then went back underneath the water, continuing the search for her lost child.

Chapter 2: Leaping Into Australia Pt 2

Sam's POV:

When it comes to leaping, there's always the number one rule that I have to follow... Figuring out who I am and what I'm here to do.

Leaping from time to time and putting things right, I've been a lone ranger, alongside Al, my guide and a hologram from my time.

But, here I am again, not knowing where I'll be ending up...

Oh boy!

(*Theme song begins to play*)

Quantum Leap: Bump In The Night

Written by: Girldanger15

................................................................................

When I arrived, I looked out the window and saw a kangaroo waiting outside in the front yard.

I was in Australia and it was the springtime of 1972, where both day and night had the same number of hours.

There was a orange-red haired woman calling for a guy named Frank.

I looked over at the mirror that was on the wall beside a picture of a young girl wearing a yellow dress with white dress shoes.

When I looked at the reflection, I could see an orange-red haired man in his 40s.

Thin, no mustache but I had a very firm and strong body.

So... I was the one that she was calling Frank...?

This makes perfect sense.

Frank and Delilah Kempler got together and they had a daughter named Dot Kempler, who has a kangaroo as a friend.

"Frank, are you even listening to me?!" Delilah said, getting my attention.

I honestly just got here but, maybe Frank might know what was going on.

I looked at her, with uncertainty and concern in my eyes.

"Could you um explain the situation to me again?" I asked, nervously.

Delilah nodded her head, in understanding.

"Dot hasn't come home yet. She could've gotten herself hurt or worse... She...Oh my God! Nooo." She said, with tears in her eyes.

As Frank, I knew that comforting her would be my top priority.

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close to me.

Her head was now laying down on my shoulder, as I was comforting her.

"It's okay, dear. We will find her. In fact, I'll call my friends and we'll go find her." I said, doing my best Frank impression while looking into her eyes and then around.

Where are you, Al?

Just as Delilah was about to say something, the door opened and a young teenage orange-red haired girl came in.

She had a yellow t-shirt and black jeans on with white tennis shoes.

Her brown eyes looked like glass.

Delilah turned around and looked at the girl.

"Dot!" She said, happy to see the young girl home.

Dot walked up to her and hugged her, silently.

Delilah hugged her back.

"We were so worried about you, Dot. We thought that you and your friends had gotten yourselves hurt or worse... The Bunyip had gotten a hold of you all." She said, petting and rubbing Dot's hair and back.

Just when Delilah said that, Dot pulled herself out of the hug and was now beginning to walk up the stairs to her bedroom.

Before she did that, she looked at me.

When she looked at me, I was staying completely still and hoping that she wouldn't find anything out.

Dot looked at me and then, just when I was expecting that she wouldn't recognize me as her father, she hugged me.

I guess she saw that I was just like her father.

I hugged her back.

Dot smiled at me but when she looked at Delilah, she had a broken look on her face.

We had to find out what was wrong with Dot and fast.

After she went up the stairs, I then looked at Delilah.

"Why did she look at you like that, dear?" I asked, looking into Delilah's concerned eyes.

Delilah looked at the stairs and sighed.

"I think I might have mentioned something to her about the creature that haunted her when she was a little girl." She said, reminiscing back to when Dot was a little girl and she was running into the house, crying because she was scared that the Bunyip was going to get her.

I nodded, in understanding.

"Do you want me to talk to her about it?" I asked, hesitantly.

Delilah looked at me and laid her head down on my shoulder.

"If you want to, sweetheart. I think it might be a great idea because you are the only one that she looks up to." She said, with a smile as she now kissed me on the cheek.

I nodded my head yes, in understanding and began to now head up the stairs, towards Dot's bedroom.

I sighed.

Where are you, Al...?

Chapter 3: Trouble In Paradise

Meanwhile in the present...

Las Vegas, Nevada

Al was spending some time in the hotel room with Tina.

He and Tina had just gotten back from lunch.

"You know, Tina... You are one hot gorgeous thing you." Al said, with a dark blush on his face.

Tina blushed as well.

"Aww. Thank you, Al. No one's ever said anything like that to me." She said, looking at him.

Al now had a smirk on his face.

"You know what I'm thinking, sweetheart?" He said, looking at her.

Tina looked at him.

"What are you thinking, smart tart?" She said, calling him a smart name.

Just as Al was about to say something back to Tina, his phone began to ring.

He took the phone out of his pocket and began to see who it was that was calling him.

It was Verbena Beeks.

Al then looked over at Tina.

"Listen, gorgeous. I have to take this. Could you wait for me?" He said, looking back up at the beautiful woman.

Tina nodded her head yes.

"Of course I'll be waiting for you." She said, with a smile.

Al smiled back and then walked into the other room.

When he got into the other room, he shut the door behind him and answered the phone.

"Doctor Beeks, what's going on?" Al asked, concerned.

There had to be a reason why Doctor Beeks was calling.

"Sam leaped again." Doctor Beeks said, looking at Frank Kempler, who was now in Sam's body.

Al sighed, in frustration.

"Again...We weren't ready. I thought that this would wait until I got back." He said, irritated that Sam didn't listen to him.

"Apparently not." Doctor Beeks said, with a sigh.

Al breathed in and out, calmly.

"Where is Sam?" He asked, worried about his best friend.

"He's in Murray Bridge, South Australia." Doctor Beeks responded, seeing that Ziggy was overheating.

Al nodded, in understanding.

"What year is he in?" He asked, hearing the fire alarm in the background of Doctor Beeks's phone.

"N... Nineteen seventy two." Doctor Beeks said, freaking out.

Al could hear the concern in Beeks's voice.

"Beeks, what's going on?" He asked, in concern.

"Ziggy's overheating and Sam needs your help!" Doctor Beeks said, in an urgent voice.

"Alright! Stay where you are! I'll be right there!" Al said, now hanging up the phone.

He placed it back into his pocket and went back to Tina.

"Tina, I need to go, okay? They need me at work. Can you forgive me?" Al said, with sincere in both his voice and his eyes.

Tina nodded her head yes but did not say anything.

Al smiled at her and then went out of the hotel room.

After he was out of sight, he sighed.

Why did these things happen to him during a date...?