TVS Character Sheet (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

D

Dman176

All non-Virtual Seasons readers, please indulge me for a minute here.

For the past few days, I have been working on a sort of "pet project" for TVS. I have been searching the Internet far and wide for pictures of all of the major recurring characters in Quantum Leap, both the original television series and the "virtual" continuation (which is not "officially" endorsed by Bellisarius Productions or Universal, but is considered "legitimate" in the minds of the writers and readers who "tune in" every week). More detailed information on these characters, including their pictures, their first appearances, their current status, etc., will be updated at the VS site very soon (MJ liked this idea so much that she decided to use it for the site). :D

Until the ezboard situation gets straightened out, I don't really want to post this at the VS board yet; hopefully, Brian won't mind if we continue to "plug" The Virtual Seasons on this board (if you do, Brian, I'll remove it from here). So, without further ado (and for those who have been wondering what some of the newer VS characters "look" like, here is the Character List for Quantum Leap: The Virtual Seasons:

WARNING: Non-TVS readers, feel free to peruse this list if you'd like; but to all newer QL fans in general (i.e. fans who have still not seen every episode of the TV series), please be aware that many of these actors and actresses were not "officially" cast in the original show. I am going to list these characters in the order they appeared chronologically, starting from the TV show and working up to the present. This list might be updated from time to time:

DR. SAMUEL BECKETT
SamBeckett.jpg

(played by Scott Bakula ? originally cast)
Quantum Physicist / Leaper (lost in time)
First Appearance: Pilot Episode, "Genesis"

ADMIRAL ALBERT CALAVICCI
AlCalavicci.jpg

(played by Dean Stockwell ? originally cast)
Project Observer / Two-Star Rear Admiral
First Appearance: Pilot Episode, "Genesis"

GOOSHIE
Gooshie.jpg

(played by Dennis Wolfberg ? originally cast)
Head Programmer of PQL (no longer active)
Full Name: Dr. Irving Gushman (name taken from non-canon QL novel series)
First Appearance (cameo): Pilot Episode, "Genesis";
First Appearance (full): Episode 401, "The Leap Back"

BETH CALAVICCI
BethCalavicci.jpg

(played by Susan Diol ? originally cast)
Chief Physician of PQL (Retired) (VS only)
Maiden Name: Elizabeth O'Dwyer (VS only)
First Appearance: Episode 222, "M.I.A."

ADMIRAL THOMAS BECKETT
TomBeckett.jpg

(played by David Newsom ? originally cast; picture him with gray hair)
Presidential Liaison for PQL (replaced General Hawkins ? VS only)
First Appearance: Episode 301, "The Leap Home"
(*NOTE: The present-day rank of Admiral is a VS update only.)

DR. VERBENA BEEKS
VerbenaBeeks.jpg

(played by Candy Ann Brown ? originally cast)
Head Psychiatrist of PQL
First Appearance: Episode 322, "Shock Theater"

DR. DONNA ELESEE-BECKETT
DonnaElesee.jpg

(played by Mimi Kuzyk ? originally recast from original actress Teri Hatcher)
Sam's Wife / Project Head
First Appearance (younger): Episode 102, "Star-Crossed";
First Appearance (present-day): Episode 401, "The Leap Back"

TINA
Tina.jpg

(played by Gigi Rice ? originally cast)
Pulse Communications Technician
Full Name: Dr. Christina Martinez-O'Farrell (name taken from non-canon QL novel series)
First Appearance: Episode 401, "The Leap Back"

ZIGGY
Ziggy1.jpg
Ziggy2.jpg

(voiced by Deborah Pratt ? originally cast; holographic representation played by Heather Stewart-Whyte ? VS only)
Parallel-Hybrid Computer
First Appearance (original form): Episode 401, "The Leap Back";
First Appearance (holographic form): VS Episode 1010, "Eeny Meany Miny Mo"

ANGELITA
Angelita1.jpg
Angelita2.jpg

(played by Liz Torres ? originally cast)
Angel (sent to watch over Sam)
Full Name: Angelita Carmen Guadalupe Cecilia Jimenez
First Appearance: Episode 418, "It's a Wonderful Leap"

EDWARD ST. JOHN V
StJohnV.jpg

(played by Roddy McDowell ? originally cast)
"Alternate" Project Observer (replaced Al in "alternate" timeline)
First Appearance: Episode 422, "A Leap for Lisa"

ALIA
Alia.jpg

(played by Ren?e Coleman ? originally cast)
Evil Leaper (liberated from Evil Project) (no longer active)
Full Name: Alia Novack (VS only)
First Appearance: Episode 506, "Deliver Us From Evil"

ZOE
Zoe.jpg

(played by Carolyn Seymour ? originally cast)
Alia's Observer / Evil Leaper (no longer active)
Full Name: Zo? Malvison (VS and Quantum Retribution only)
First Appearance: Episode 506, "Deliver Us From Evil"

SAMMY JO FULTON
SammyJoFuller2.jpg
SammyJoFuller1.jpg

(played by Melora Hardin ? originally cast as Abigail Fuller; original actress: Kimberly Cullum)
Project Theory Director
Maiden Name: Samantha Josephine Fuller
First Appearance (as a child): Episode 509, "Trilogy Part III";
First Appearance (as an adult): VS Episode 601, "Double the Leap, Double the Danger"

THAMES
Thames.jpg

(played by Hinton Battle ? originally cast)
Chief Programming Technician / Evil Leaper (became a leaper in TVS only ? no longer active)
First Appearance: Episode 516, "Revenge of the Evil Leaper"

ALBERTO "WEIRD ERNIE" BELLISARIO
a.k.a. AL THE BARTENDER

Bartender.jpg

(played by Bruce McGill ? originally cast)
Enigmatic Bartender of Al's Place
First Appearance: Episode 521, "Mirror Image"
(*NOTE: The original series did not confirm that the Bartender and "Weird Ernie" from the Pilot Episode were one and the same; this is a VS update only.)

VIRTUAL SEASONS ADDITIONS:

JULIANNA CALAVICCI
JuliannaCalavicci.jpg

(played by Terry Farrell ? originally cast as Lisa Sherman in the original series)
Daughter of Al Calavicci and Lisa Sherman / Bodyguard / Security Analyst
First Appearance: VS Episode 703, "Heart and Soul"

LOTHOS, a.k.a. NATHANIEL LOTHOMAN
Lothos.jpg
Lothoman.jpg

(Lothoman played by Michael T. Weiss ? VS only)
Quasi-Living Hybrid Computer / Tyrannical Ruler of Evil Project
First Appearance (as Lothos): VS Episode 718, "The Little Girl";
First Appearance (as Nathaniel Lothoman): VS Episode 725, "Fallen Hero, Part II"
(*NOTE: Lothos was only mentioned by name in the original series.)

TALA LOTHOMAN
Tala.jpg

(played by Kathy Ireland)
Logistics Technician / Daughter of Zo? Malvison and Nathaniel Lothoman ? First of Twins (no longer active)
First Appearance: VS Episode 718, "The Little Girl"

EDWARD ST. JOHN VI
StJohnVI.jpg

(played by Roddy McDowell ? originally cast as Edward St. John V in the original series)
Head Programmer of PQL (replaced Gooshie ? no longer active)
First Appearance: VS Episode 726, "I'm Not Sure You'd Understand, Old Fruit"

STEPHEN BECKETT
StephenBeckett.jpg

(played by Elijah Wood ? at age 9)
Son of Sam Beckett and Donna Elesee / Child Prodigy
First Appearance: VS Episode 808, "I Will Love You Forever, Part II"

SIREN LOTHOMAN
Siren.jpg

(played by Kathy Ireland)
Daughter of Zo? Malvison and Nathaniel Lothoman ? Second of Twins (no longer active)
First Appearance (as an adult): VS Episode 811, "Life's Probability Leap"

JONATHAN "J.T." BECKETT
JTBeckett.jpg

(played by Jonathan Brandis)
Son of Tom Beckett / Computer Technician
First Appearance: VS Episode 819, "Brotherhood, Part I" (as Sam's reflection)

COMMANDER DANIEL FULTON
DanielFulton.jpg

(played by Mike Ballou)
Head of Security at PQL / Sammy Jo's Husband
First Appearance: VS Episode 831, "Poo to You"

DANTE
Dante.jpg

(played by a young Dean Stockwell)
Holographic Representation of Al (created by Stephen Beckett)
First Appearance: VS Episode 1009, "A Time to Remember"

DR. MAXWELL CONNORS
Connors.jpg

(played by David Duchovny)
Rogue Leaper (lost in time)
First Appearance: VS Episode 1013, "Second Genesis"

GENERAL HAWKINS
Hawkins.jpg

(played by David Ogden Stiers)
Presidential Liaison for PQL / Director of Project Liberty (no longer active)
First Appearance: VS Episode 1019, "Guinea Pig"

DR. PHILLIP ANDREW BRADEN
Braden.jpg

(played by Eric Braeden)
Evil British Scientist (no longer active)

DR. ALEXANDER GARNER
Garner.jpg

(played by Gary Oldman)
Quantum Physicist / Creator of the Time Displacement Unit (no longer active)

DOMINIC LOFTON
DomLofton.jpg

(played by Jason Winston George)
Head Programmer of PQL (replaced St. John)
First Appearance: VS Episode 1026, "Leap to the Rescue, Part I"

DR. AURORA LOFTON
AuroraLofton.jpg

(played by Jennifer Lopez)
Chief Physician of PQL (replaced Beth when she retired)
Maiden Name: Aurora Gonzales
First Appearance: VS Episode 1026, "Leap to the Rescue, Part I"

ISABELLA FULTON
IsabellaFulton.jpg

(played by Alicia Witt ? as Isabella will appear in the year 2034)
Future Daughter of Sammy Jo Fuller and Daniel Fulton / Creator of the Retrieval Chip (Status unknown)
First Appearance (as an adult): VS Episode 1031, "Future's End";
First Appearance (as an infant): VS Episode 12?? (has not been born as of yet)

ADAM
Adam.jpg

(played by Orlando Bloom)
Psychotic Son of Alia Novack / Second Generation Evil Leaper (no longer active... in human form)
First Appearance: VS Episode 1031, "Future's End"

PROFESSOR SEBASTIAN (BOBBY) LoNIGRO
BobbyLoNigro.jpg

(played by Joe Mantegna ? recast in SBP and TVS from original actor)
Physics Professor / Quantum Physicist of The Starbright Project (Present-day status unknown)
First Appearance (in canon): Episode 215, "Her Charm" (original actor);
First Appearance (in Virtual continuity): SBP Episode 001, "Origins";
First Appearance (in The Virtual Seasons): VS Episode 1032, "Past's Prologue"
(*NOTE: The nickname of "Bobby" is a VS and SBP update only.)

And last, but not least, here's a sneak peek at an upcoming character (one who will have a huge effect on TVS)... ;)

LOGAN
Logan.jpg

(played by Jolene Blalock)
????
First Appearance: VS Episode 12??

Consider this the online guide for all of the important characters in the ever-growing Quantum Leap world. Coming soon, I'll be adding character sheets for Quantum Retribution and The Starbright Project. :D

OMG!!!! I have the same pic of Scott on my computer and I didn't recognize that it was Joe Mantegna's(CBS's Joan Of Arcadia) picture that was on the SBP site. Heck, I didn't even know that it was him in "Her Charm". :eek

Even though I knew that Al the bartender was based on Don Bellisario's father and Bruce McGill looks very much like Don's dad, I did not know about the bartender having "Bellisario" as his family name. Was that something that you came up with Damon? I read Mirror Expression by Brian Greene(aka the Bartender) and I don't remember "Bellisario" being mentioned there. However, an interesting revelation.

Before I even scrolled down past her eyes, I knew it was Jolene Blalock in the role of Logan. I(as of most of us at Al's Place) have yet to find out who this Logan is. Scott Bakula and Jolene Blalock are virtually reunited in a QL environment.

Beth Calavicci is now what I like to call the Chief Medical Advisor to PQL. She retired from her job as Chief Medical Officer(or Chief Physician) and passed the torch to her second-in-command, Dr. Aurora Lofton in Mike's story, War Bride.
This is a great idea Damon. Thanks! :)

Steve
RossBeckett

P.S. On a side note, actor Daniel Davis, who played the 2 episode part of Professor James Moriarty on Star Trek: The Next Generation, played the part of Niles on The Nanny. I realized this when I turned on the TV(Lifetime network) when it was airing an episode. He played in the TNG eps, Elementary, Dear Data(not Albert :lol ) and Ship in a Bottle.

I should just clarify that it was Brian that "recast" Professor LoNigro in The Starbright Project. I have no idea who the original actor was in "Her Charm" because he had such a small part. That picture of Joe Mantegna just happens to fit the profile of how he looked in that episode, which is probably why Brian picked him (plus, he's a good actor). I found another version of that picture and uploaded it to my own page.

As for the name "Alberto Bellisario," I believe I got that from the treatment/synopsis for "Mirror Image" that was printed in The Complete Quantum Leap Book by Louis Chunovic. Greg called him Alberto in "Quantum Departure" and revealed that his "middle name is Ernie. Weird coincidence, isn't it?" and I then gave him the last name of Bellisario in "Give Me Death." And yeah, he probably was supposed to have that name since the Bartender was modeled after Don's real-life father (whose name, I'm guessing, was Alberto Bellisario).

On a side note, I was almost contemplating deleting this list, due to the fact that I'm feeling extremely depressed right now. (And no, it has nothing to do with anyone on the board. Family issues...) But, I guess I'll leave it here for now... gonna have to change Siren and Tala's pictures around soon though (by MJ's request). Either that, or she can feel free to change them herself...

Damon

Nah, leave it up. It's awesome to see visuals of some of the TVS characters.

It definitely makes me want to try and find time to catch up on my reading... I'm thinking about taking a day or two (or three or four) and devote it just to re-reading all the TVS seasons and getting caught up on that which I haven't read yet. Some of the stuff I saw on this thread *really* intrigues me.

Oh, and here's a small addition. She's not a *major* recurring character, but she's shown up in at least three eps, I believe (two of which were mine) [and will show up again if I can just get myself to start working on my few-years-in-progress VS ep]:

TERESA BRUCKNER
Teresa01.jpg

(played by Mia Sara - cast to play an older Teresa; original actress: Troian Bellisario)
Pseudo-daughter to Al Calavicci; training to be a nurse (status unknown by me, as I'm two seasons behind)
First appearance (as a child): Episode 221, "Another Mother"
First appearance (as an adult): VS Episode 805, "A Promise Fulfilled"

Joy

Speaking of a promise fulfilled:

Peg: "Tom, promise me something."

Sam: "What?"

Peg: "No, you have to promise first."

Sam:[chuckles] "Well that's silly. How can I promise something if I don't know-"

Peg: "Just- Just promise."

Sam: "I promise. Now what did I promise?"

Peg: "I'll tell you tomorrow night."

[Later in that episode as Tim Fox]

Al: "Originally, Tom Stratton not only died, but his wife went into premature labor and the baby was stillborn."

Sam: "And now?"

Al: "Tom's alive! Peg gave birth to a healthy baby girl, seven pounds eight ounces. Funny thing, they happened to name her Samantha. Seems like someone wanted both Tom and Samantha to survive."
Above dialogue written by Donald P. Bellisario.

It's killing me that I can't tell you the significance of that scene. :banghead ;)

Steve
RossBeckett

Special Guest Star
Terrence Stamp
as the voice of Morpheus​
;)

I thought of this when I was watching the 4th season premiere DVD(came with the Lois and Clark DVD set) when Clark-uh Kal'El heard the screaching noise.

It could be Terrence Stamp, but I'd go with whoever Damon and/or M.J. choose.

Steve
RossBeckett

Truthfully, I never really thought up a specific voice for Morpheus. For a while, I kind of thought that Morpheus would also be David Duchovny (like father, like "son" ), but I really don't know. If I think about it now though, it could probably be Donald Bellisario himself. I mean, hey, if Deborah voiced Ziggy, why couldn't Don voice Morpheus? :lol

Of course, this won't really matter for too much longer anyway. Morpheus' "voice" will sort of be moot after Connors' next appearance... the times they are a-changin'. ;)

Have to admit, Terrence Stamp would be a good Plan B "voice"...

"Son Of Jor-El, KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!!!"...hehe

ALways thought that was a brilliant casting choice for Smallville...casting Superman's father with the voice of the main villain from the movie Superman II