Theory on how Sam could get home - without Sammy Jo

N

naggin dragon

As we know, when Sam leaps into somebody his body inhabits the aura of the leapee, and the leapee's body inhabits the aura of Sam (in the Waiting Room in his future). My theory is that if the leapee in the waiting room was put into the QL Accelerator and leapt into Sam, then Sam would leap into the aura the of the leapee (which happens to be Sam's) and the leapee would inhabit his own aura. Given strict instructions before his leap, the leapee could put right HIMSELF whatever wrong Sam was sent there to do. If his brainwaves were linked to someone at the project while he is in the future, he could also be given the instructions again by a hologram should his memory become swiss-cheesed.

Possible flaws:
1. Once the wrong has been put right, Sam might still leap even though he has made it home.
2. Once the wrong has been put right, the original leapee might leap to somewhere else and become trapped in time like Sam, and thus leave Sam trapped in the leapee's time. [This is unlikely however because in A Leap For Lisa, after Bingo leapt he did not continue leaping once he had put right the wrong].
3. Once the wrong has been put right, the original leapee might leap to somewhere else into someone else and become trapped in time, and SAM may also leap somewhere else. This would mean in the leapee's time he would go missing.
4. Once the wrong has been put right, the original leapee may leap to somewhere else AS HIMSELF, and as such leave no trace of where he has gone.

Ways to overcome the flaws:
1. If Sam still continues to leap but whoever he leapt into stays in his own time, by giving the next leapee the instructions and making the leapee leap into Sam, Sam would make it back to the future, at least for a short while each time.
2. If the original leapee leaps somewhere else and makes Sam replace him, then use whoever the leapee has leapt into to leap into himself and as such send the original leapee back to the waiting room, then leap the original leapee back into Sam.
3. If the original leapee leaps into someone else, this someone else should leap into the waiting room in THE ORIGINAL LEAPEE's aura. Use this person to leap into the original leapee and the original leapee should end up back at the project, then leap him back to his original time.
4. Don't Put Right Whatever Went Wrong. This may prevent further leaping.

Any further theories, flaws or solutions?

I just remembered

I just remembered another factor that might overcome the leapee leaping once the wrong has been put right.

In the episode Killin' Time, we saw that it was impossible for Sam to leap out if the leapee was not in the waiting room.

From this logic, if we leap the leapee into Sam, Sam ends up in the Waiting Room and the leapee, with the knowledge of the future (or contact fromt the future if need be) can put right whatever Sam was sent to do. If Sam LEAVES the Waiting Room, then the leapee can not leap out and have Sam replace him. However, this may not prevent Sam from leaping again, but again the new leapee could leap into Sam and Sam can be returned home again. If the process is repeated, although Sam doesn't remain in his own time, he comes back briefly every now and then, and in the process still is putting the right things that have gone wrong.

Sam

Either way Sam will never get home, he is himself in the future. If Sam was in the past like throughout the series. he could just simply leave them a note like in the leap back. but he can't because he is in the future as himself. There's no way Sam could return home unless he learns to control his own leaps.

Re: Sam

There is a story on what and where Sam is, I've done some investigating and its not much more than what everyone else knows but when Sam what talking to the bartender he learned to control his leaps because he wanted to fix al's life. When he did most of the conversation was forgotton because technically it didn't happen, just like when Al got sentenced to death Sam started to forget him. Sam has to relearn to control his leaps, since Sam never returned home he never learns that again. Unless Bold Leap forward happens.

Re: Sam Home, Quantum Physics, & a Poem

Firstly let me publicly welcome you to Al's place, Helen. :wavey

Pull up a chair, have a rodbeer.:cheers

Secondly, let me publicly say what I have already said in private,
I think your poem is wonderful! :hurray Brava!
I'm afraid it may get buried in this post thread though, and not reach the widest audience.

Thirdly, your Virtual seasons idea is intriguing, I look forward to hearing more.

I hope we hear a lot more from you here soon.