Food?

Snish

Project QL Intern
Sep 10, 2006
Cocono's in the Poconos
From the website, I see that the hotel has a restaurant, but it looks like there won't be any specific food service for the con. Is that right? Eating restaurant meals for 4 days would really add up, so I'll be looking for some cheaper food alternatives that don't require a car. What do people typically do about getting meals at cons?

There are a few places on Ventura Blvd., which isn't too far away.
To to maps.google.com and paste this into the search box:

restaurant loc: 4222 Vineland Ave, North Hollywood, CA 91602

I was actually planning on eating canned spaghetti or whatnot. It doesn't have to be refrigerated (which is nice, since fridges at the hotel cost extra), and it doesn't necessarily have to be heated (which is nice, since I see no mention of microwaves there).

I could live on canned spaghetti. Thank goodness for Chef Boyardee! :hurray:

I actually think the Hotel has more than one restaurant.

This is my main worry expense wise. That I will blow a lot of money eating out. Because its what I do all the time anyways!

I was actually planning on eating canned spaghetti or whatnot. It doesn't have to be refrigerated (which is nice, since fridges at the hotel cost extra), and it doesn't necessarily have to be heated (which is nice, since I see no mention of microwaves there).

I could live on canned spaghetti. Thank goodness for Chef Boyardee! :hurray:

Oh... ick. :D I could maybe do that once. But canned spaghetti that's not even heated... I don't suppose the hotel would appreciate it if I brought along a camp stove. (Brian, that's a joke! I promise I won't.) I was thinking I could bring some canned tuna and make tuna sandwiches. I'm sure I'll dine out for some meals, but still looking for cheaper alternatives.