Could holograms exist in the future.

chris-oates

Project QL Intern
Jul 19, 2012
England.
I was just wondering, do you think that it would be possible in real life for someone to synchronize their brainwaves with someone, then step into an imaging chamber and project a hologram of themselves to the person who they are synchronized to, and only they could see and hear them. This wouldn't involve time travel. Lets say for example the hologram is in America and the other person is in England. Do you think it could ever be possible.

Absolutely.

Scientists have figured out how the retina in your eye encodes the picture into nerve impulses sent to your brain. They've figured out the "programming language" of your eyes. I think it won't take long before we have heads up displays that augment our vision.

http://www.bioedonline.org/news/news.cfm?art=8892

It wouldn't surprise me. I don't know when in the future, but i definitely think that (if the Earth hasn't been completely destroyed) that we could see huge advancements over the next 100 years. Ever since the likes of Star Was, Star Trek etc, there has always been the talk of 'will it happen?'. There's a very good chance it could, but i doubt we will be here to see it.

Even in the gaming world for PS3 etc there has long been talking over the past few years of heads up displays to play a game on. So it definitely wouldn't surprise me to see something like this, or that it will exist in the future.