Signature Question

QLEAP

Project QL Intern
Oct 26, 2005
USA
Hi! I'm still a bit of a newbie here and for some time haven't been able to see my signature in my posts...I added a quote to my sig line and it doesn't show up...
I know I have all of my show signature boxes checked in my profile so I just can't figure out what is wrong...
Thanks for you help :)
QLeap:)

QLEAP said:
Hi! I'm still a bit of a newbie here and for some time haven't been able to see my signature in my posts...I added a quote to my sig line and it doesn't show up...
I know I have all of my show signature boxes checked in my profile so I just can't figure out what is wrong...
Thanks for you help :)
QLeap:)

Ok..now I see it...that's weird..maybe it just takes a minute or two for it to work? Anyway..nevermind..I think it's working now..lol!

Ok...bak again and still talking to myself..lol! I can't see my signature on some other boards..I can see it on this one though..is there a reason for that?

Nope..I mean other boards on THIS message board..sometimes it shows up and other times it doesn't...and I always give it some time to see if it will show up

alsplacebartender said:
Hmmm that's strange indeed. Are you sure you aren't accidentally unchecking the box that says "show your signature"? Just a thought.

Nope..I'm not unchecking anything...I promise:angel

So you see it too? At least I'm not losing my mind...lol!

LOL @ Samantha about Lothos! Yea..I think the evil leaper is messing with the board...I don't have any other explanation...pretty weird huh?

QLEAP said:
LOL @ Samantha about Lothos! Yea..I think the evil leaper is messing with the board...I don't have any other explanation...pretty weird huh?

I always used to blame Hal from 2001: A Space Odessey for anything that went wrong electronically, now I say Lothos. :p

Samantha Beckett

LOL! Another strange thing I've discovered while posting is that if I click on the edit button..it just takes me to a page where it asks me why I want to delete my post..lol! I don't want to delete anything, I just want to edit..
Lothos! Leave me alone!

QLEAP said:
LOL! Another strange thing I've discovered while posting is that if I click on the edit button..it just takes me to a page where it asks me why I want to delete my post..lol! I don't want to delete anything, I just want to edit..
Lothos! Leave me alone!
I think that's just a feature of vBulletin which, so many of us agree, is much better than ezboard where this board originated before the May 31st ezboard server crash. Except for administrators and moderators, members couldn't delete their own posts.

Anyway, all you need to do is scroll down beyond the delete prompt and you'll see the edit box. Just ignore the delete box (unless, of course, you want to delete your post...) :p

Damon

Ooops...Ok my face is red on that one..lol! I didn't scroll down far enough to see it...sheesh...but I was right about my signature though.. :) Thanks Damon..I appreciate yours and everyone's help :)
QLeap

QLEAP said:
Ok...bak again and still talking to myself..lol! I can't see my signature on some other boards..I can see it on this one though..is there a reason for that?
I love vBulletin, but all software has quirks.

vBulletin lets you check 'Add signature to post' when you are posting a message. Occasionally I turn it off if I am posting information from another source other than my little grey cells.

You registered on this forum, posted a few times, and then added a Signature. Since you did not have a signature at the time of your first few posts, it didn't even ask you to add your signature. So the older posts don't have a Signature.

Clear as mud, eh?

If you're bored, you can always go back to your old posts, hit Edit and then check Add Signature to post as I did in the example you posted.

I've requested this as a feature change on vBulletin.com.

QLEAP said:
LOL! Another strange thing I've discovered while posting is that if I click on the edit button..it just takes me to a page where it asks me why I want to delete my post..
I'm going to upgrade to vBulletin 3.5 tonight which has a much nicer Edit page. It doesn't even load a new page.

Last edited: