1318 Post Traumatic Leap Syndrome II

What do you rate this episode?

• 5 -- This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 -- This episode was good. It was worth reading.

• 2 -- This episode was like the neutral zone. I am indifferent.

• 1 -- Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
Post Traumatic Leap Syndrome II

December 14, 2007; August 17, 1985
Project Quantum Leap; Assisi, Italy

As Giovanni Pio D’Abrosca, an Italian tour guide living in the city of Assisi, Italy, Sam must find a way to prevent a teenage tourist from disappearing. Meanwhile, back at Project Quantum Leap, tensions mount between Julianna and Ed Sharpe and Christa is rushed to the hospital, experiencing severe abdominal pain.

Written by: Eric Dreiling and Katherine Freymuth

Thanks for reading,
The Quantum Leap Team

Last edited:
Our rating system this season consists of a possible of 10 raters ! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode. Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: ____

The first six raters are the ones that will appear on the site here. Please be aware that some reviews may contain spoilers! Some of the comments given were:

Vince Beckett:

Great story here. Good thinking leaping Sam into Al. Quite an encounter with Vaughn. These evil leaper stories are better, they're simpler.

RATING: 10

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker:

I hate rollercoasters…but I LOVED this ride! Absolutely fan-damn-tastic!! :hurray:

Without a single doubt, THE BEST scene of all was that “snatch-your-breath-away-oh-my-God!” confrontation scene in the hospital between Sam and Vaughn. WOW! That was SO intense! I tell you what, if anybody had come up behind me and spoken to me or touched me while I was reading that scene, I probably would’ve jumped out of my skin, I was so focused on it.

I’m glad that Sam was able to convince Julianna to give Eddie a second chance; each of us deserves at least one in our lifetime. I also believe that though this particular stretch on the road of Eddie and Christa’s lives is rocky, that they’ll traverse it and come out stronger and wiser at the end of it.

Now, as to a rating… I’ve wrestled with the ironclad rule regarding ratings. I’ve wheedled and nudged it, pulled and yanked on it and tried everything I could think of ...:banghead ...to convince it to “just this once” let me slip its restraints and give this episode the “20” that it so richly deserves. Alas…*big sigh*…the ratings rule’s ironclad hide remains unscathed. So, Erik and Katherine, you’re just going to have settle for a 10.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty:

A great conclusion to last week's "episode". I knew the evil leapers were behind thisl, but I don't think that this story is finished yet, I have a feeling we will return to this same scenario in a later "episode". Good job, Katharine and Erik!

RATING: 9

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Zanadu:

This... this... augh... I second Seeker's rating! Here here! :D Except, I'd love to give it a 30! AWESOME!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rater No. 5

RATING:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rater No. 6

RATING:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited:
I had a limited time to finish this story, as I was reading at the swimming pool while Becky was doing her diving course.

Shame on mother, she watched very few of her daughter's dives because she was too engrossed in the story. And as I went on, with half an eye on the clock, I was terrified I'd have to leave it before the end.
The pacing of the story kept me hurtling to the conclusion though, and I managed it with just enough time to let out the breath I'd been holding before I left the gallery and went to meet Becky by her locker. PHEW!

Spot-on characterisation, brilliant dialogue, powerful plotting, an all round fabulous story - with one tiny reservation.
I hope that a future story will resolve Sam's original leap and have Angela brought safely home. The idea that - even through he bartender's intervention rather than conscious choice - our heroes would abandon an innocent for their own gain just doesn't sit well with me, any more than it did with Sam in MIA.
Knowing the writers here, I am confident this is going to be addressed sooner or later.

Well done, you two!