On Blu-Ray?

Al's Handlink

Project QL Intern
Mar 18, 2004
Bristol, Connecticut
With the invent of Blu-Ray, Universal has a real chance to make up for the mistakes they made with the DVD's.

They should re-release the Series on Blu-Ray, adding the origional music back in and adding some New Special Features.

Universal, make it happen

We know it can be done because the DVDs have film grain, indicating that the episodes were shot on film. The leap effects in season 5 were done in the computer so they would be have to be uprezzed, but the rest of the episodes would benefit from Blu-Ray.

There was word of a Quantum Leap boxed set at the Leap Back 2009 convention from Jay, Scott's agent. He'd hoped it would be done in time for the convention so we could all get them signed.

With the invent of Blu-Ray, Universal has a real chance to make up for the mistakes they made with the DVD's.

They should re-release the Series on Blu-Ray, adding the origional music back in and adding some New Special Features.

Universal, make it happen

Unfortunately, the benefits of Blu-ray can't make up for the omitted music. It's gotten a little more tolerable in recent years with video renting services, but then the picture quality suffers if watched online.

Fact of the matter is, sure they could port Quantum Leap over to Blu-ray tomorrow, but will they be that confident in sales to warrant the purchase of the remaining omitted music?

My solution? Come up with 1080/24p HD streaming transfers and play them online so the music can remain intact without Universal paying lump sums and fans get what they want.

Of course, the Blu-ray has no sound limitations, so if we had physical discs we could get uncompressed or even HD soundtracks...

I don't get why they're NOT putting it out on blu-ray when there's CLEARLY a strong fan base still going.

And don't say it's too old to be put on blu-ray. They just released the full Dick Van Dyke show on blu-ray, and that show is from the 1960s! Though both shows are very different, they both were very popular in their time and are still loved today. QL deserves better than the mess that Seasons 2-4 on DVD has left. At least Seasons 1 & 5 had the original music.

And yes......... no lossy Dolby Digital crap. 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio all the way! It's the most efficient/space-saving audio format from the main 3 (DTS-HD MA, Dolby TrueHD, and the least efficient but maybe(??) best one, LPCM, or Lossless PCM). Look at practically ANY blu-ray that's come out in the last year or two. They're all DTS-HD MA now. If you're gonna do something, do it right. A first class show like this one deserves a first class blu-ray. And some new bonuses too would be nice. Like have Dean give commentary on "M.I.A." (would love to hear that one!). Have Don talk about "Mirror Image" some more. Have Deborah Pratt give commentary on some of the GENIUS eps she wrote like "Dreams" and the Trilogy episodes. That would be killer!!!

I'd love to own the show on Blu-Ray, but ONLY if they reinstated all the original music, and built each episode up from scratch in HD like CBS is with "Star Trek: The Next Generation".

Now that my mother's boyfriend got me a PS3 for Christmas last year I can actually play Blu-ray for the first time and would very much enjoy this. I require a new season 2 set and a new season 4 set anyway due to disc issues which I have specified elsewhere.

I'd love to own the show on Blu-Ray, but ONLY if they reinstated all the original music, and built each episode up from scratch in HD like CBS is with "Star Trek: The Next Generation".

I however agree with this, ideally all the original music should be restored.