Quantum Leap Season 5 DVD Release Dates

CarolD

Jul 15, 2006
New York
Excellent news, you guys - TV Shows on DVD has announced Season 5 of QL for November 14!

Their news article is here: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6276.

Don't forget to use your coupons... :hurray:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Current release dates for Season 5 of Quantum Leap:

USA/Canada - Nov 14, 2006
Australia - Feb 7, 2007
UK/Europe - Dec 26, 2006
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Last edited by a moderator:
jmoniz said:
Universal has it available for pre-order on their website already - http://homevideo.universalstudios.com/details.php?childId=36538.

Seems it's also going to have some extras of a sort - images of the actual blueprints from the original sets.

I'm almost past the point where I even get excited about the seasons being released. Now with the region 2 DVDs going the way of the US releases, I can barely look forward to it.

mgcrans said:
I'm almost past the point where I even get excited about the seasons being released. Now with the region 2 DVDs going the way of the US releases, I can barely look forward to it.

I understand where you're coming from, but fortunately the music was not as profound in the episodes in Season 5. There's really only three episodes here, in my opinion, that had semi-critical music: "Nowhere To Run," "Memphis Melody" and "Mirror Image." "Nowhere To Run" had a nice scene where Sam asks the leapee's girlfriend if it would have made a difference if he had legs, where she said, "I don't know." In that case it was a cover song, though, so there should be no problem. "Memphis Melody" had all its music sung by Scott Bakula, so there should be no problem there either. Really the only thing to worry about is "Mirror Image" where I need not mention the finale. Given the fact that this set has at least one extra, I'm actually not pessimistic about it. I've been waiting to have Season 5 on DVD for a long time...

Well, it no longer has the Sam from Season 4 on the cover, but isn't that the Sam from the cover of Season 2? With Al from Season 3?

Ah, well. At least we're getting some sort of extras.

I'm HOPING since the UK Season 2 had "Georgia" intact that Season 5 will as well....

Might as well just go ahead and get Season 4 and 5 here while I wait. Maybe there will be a deal marking 4 down somewheres.

I'm gonna still wait for the R2 release - Here's hoping that season 4 was the only set hit with the music replacement (fingers crossed). And I agree with Lady Kayoss - at least we're getting some extras and not another vanilla release!! Let's hope cheap-o universal pull their act together and bolt some more extras on the discs......

This is good news! Hopefully it will be released here in good ol blighty not long after! Oh and to person above, yes they do :p

November 14? Sweet action! Ack...that means im gonna spend about 100 bucks on that day alone. Quantum Leap S5 and NCIS S2 dvds are both being released. Eek, and that's my moms birthday too. I gotta save up! :D

Samantha Beckett