Ultimate Collection! (UK)

Al R. said:
I bought this set just last week, its pretty gud with 27 discs, the cheapest price I found was 59.99 off play.com and it was second hand but hey it still played the episodes =]

I was wondering if you have had a chance to review the episodes to see if there has been any music replacement, particularly for Season 4. Do the episodes have all of the original music or is some of it replaced with generic music?

Thanks much. :)

Hi Al or Anyone Else who has the UK Ultimate Collection,

Further to my last post, do you know if any of the episodes have music replacement? While I am interested in all of the Seasons, I am particularly curious about Season 4.

Thanks again.

i got this for christmas from bid tv - altogether including p & p it come to £50.

i started watching it about 6 weeks ago.

maybe some of you guys can help me out on this - in series 1-2 when he leaps at the end it is a different person from who he leaps into the programme following on from the previous episode.

is it just a production blip or a dvd blip?

Thanks.

i got this for christmas from bid tv - altogether including p & p it come to £50.

i started watching it about 6 weeks ago.

maybe some of you guys can help me out on this - in series 1-2 when he leaps at the end it is a different person from who he leaps into the programme following on from the previous episode.

is it just a production blip or a dvd blip?

Thanks.

Read the sticky threads, please.

just thought that i would mention that the music seems to be on this uk dvd set.

i can't remember the music that goes with which episode - but 'american pie', 'runaway' 'all i have to do is dream' - season 4, 'unchained melody' trilogy, part 2, season 5 and other songs that you have mentioned are on this dvd set.

Last edited:
just thought that i would mention that the music seems to be on this uk dvd set.

i can't remember the music that goes with which episode - but 'american pie', 'runaway' 'all i have to do is dream' - season 4 and other songs that you have mentioned are on this dvd set.

How about the Foreigner song "I wanna know what love is"? It's from the episode "Temptation Eyes", season 4.

that song doesn't ring a bell as being in quantum leap - so i may have been wrong saying that all the songs were in the uk dvd set. give me a few days to check - what part of QL is it in. beginning, middle or end?

thanks!

what part of QL is it in. beginning, middle or end?

I don't know what you mean. I've already told you that the episode's title is "Temptation Eyes" and that episode is from the fourth season. Or do you mean what part of the episode is it in? It's right in the middle (I think). It's when Sam "makes love" to Tamlyn, etc. I have the R2 sets, and the Foreigner song is replaced with generic music, but it's the only one from the entire show that gets replaced (not like the R1 sets). But I don't know if the "ultimate collection" is the same thing or what, that's why I asked.

So, can anyone actually confirm if the Foreigner song is included in the "ultimate collection"?

So, can anyone actually confirm if the Foreigner song is included in the "ultimate collection"?

You are right Night Terror - i watched this episode last night. The Foreigner song is indeed replaced by generic music in the love making scenes.

You are right Night Terror - i watched this episode last night. The Foreigner song is indeed replaced by generic music in the love making scenes.

Oh, what a shame! A bit weird that they only replaced that specific song in the UK, isn't it? I wasn't too crazy about that episode, to be honest, but that was one of the best songs they could use, in my opinion. I guess I'll have to wait for a rerun to see it properly.

I would want to know if it includes "A Kiss with History" from the Season 1 DVD set. That's well worth seeing and it would be very disappointing if they left it out.

it has. it is on the first disc. i watched it last night. it is a 20 minute doc filmed in 2004.

How is the Ultimate Collection (UK)?

Hi Y'all,

I know that this thread started a while ago, but I haven't found my answer yet, so I'm here now.

I watched QL when it originally ran and loved it. A few weeks ago, I saw a re-run (I forget which channel) of my favorite episode, MIA. I could quite put my finger on what it was, but I knew there was something major wrong with it.

I found this site, and now know it was the missing music that made the episode seem so wrong.

I decided to buy the UK set because it seems to be as close to the original as I can get. I ordered it from Amazon uk about a week ago, hoping it will come in a few more days. I live in South Carolina.

Can anyone tell me of their experiences with this set? Do you know any place that I can get a set with all the music still intact?

DVD's have arrived!

Hi Y'all,

It took about eight days for the set to come from Amazon UK to South Carolina. I'm thrilled with it. It will keep me occupied for a while. Very nice boxed set.

Thinking of getting this set to compliment my US DVDs. Does anyone have any information about what songs are changed/removed and how great the music changes are in comparison to the US releases? I'm particularly concerned about music changes in my favorite episodes, MIA and Leap Home (Parts 1 and 2).

Any details on any extra features would be greatly appreciated too!