Pipe Dream!!!

Nice. I saw some of Pat's showreel but never anything more.
I shall sit throught the end credits and cheer when your name comes up!
:)

You'll sit and watch for my name at the end of the credits?

Wow - thanks for being so supportive - without your help I wouldn't have even been an extra in centre place!

And I made a decent contact to! He wants me to be an extra for him n more of his films!

If you want his details - I can PM them if you wanna get in touch with him!

Pat from melbourne auditions? I got the details. Met him at the workshop :)
Which I still recommend btw, if you can spare the money.

More coming up ey? Awesome.
This is where I regret not living in Melbourne it's so hard to do thisi kind of thing, when I'm 5 hours away.

Anyway I'm really glad it works out well for you :)

I wouldn't want to cheer in the middle of the movie, the rest of the audience wouldn't like it ;)

Well ohboy - I did not understand the message at all. Even though I did not say it clearly enough - I was trying to question what jassian meant by her comment. That all - no more no less.

And 2ndly - You said this: my belief was that you didn't understand the tone of her message. MY BELIEF.

In this case, your belief was right. But the next time you intervene with a belief, you just may end up being wrong - if that makes sense.

I'm not saying that you did say I'd start an argument. I was trying to get a point across that I wouldn't have started an argument. Not that I expect anyone to believe me, because no one personally knows me.

I do see what you are saying and I do hope you see what I am saying.

You did the right thing in intervening. But I hope my comment here makes a point worth thinking about to.

First, I've intervened plenty of times with the wrong beliefs. Usually leads straight to a three-way fight with me in the middle. But enough about my middle school years. :lol

Anyways, rather than start a Popeye-Bluto deathlock, I too think that we should just forget about what was said. After all, it's been quite hectic lately on this side of the computer screen, and I like alsplace, and I think of us all as friends. Besides, I've already gotten in one verbal exchange with someone a month after I joined or so, so I think I met my quota for my first year of being here. :lol

Really???

Do people really do unsavoury things on this site?

I haven't seen that happen.

I've always been friends with everyone on this site regardless of what happens.

And, just to make myself clear one last time, is it possible (it may be difficult), that everyone try, and I say try, to be a little more clear as to what or why they say something. Because so far, I have only seen myself acting silly in this forum (with my rants), and don't wish to see it again.

You said 3 way fights with yourself being caught in the middle. Which is another thing I do not wish to see. Someone trying to do the right thing and getting caught in the middle for it.

Also, there does not necesserily have to be a pluto-popeye deathlock. No one is right or wrong here. But its good to see we all can talk here without having to fight about it.

And once again everyone, sorry for my silly rants.

Really???

Do people really do unsavoury things on this site?

I haven't seen that happen.

I've always been friends with everyone on this site regardless of what happens.

It was actually before you joined the website. It was a long time ago, maybe last June or July (seems so far away, now), and it was a disagreement about how something should run. But enough about that; I don't really want to bring up the past anymore than I did.

It's quite alright. We all have to let off steam once in a while. You don't have to apologize either. We're all friends, and there is no harm done, so how about forgetting what happened, eh?

Also please don't forget, that people are people and no one can check every post many times to see if it's really unambigious. Actually saying exactly what you mean is pretty much impossible. Look at millitary cummunication protocols, everything has to be confirmed, the terms set are strictly defined and so on and still things probably go wrong every once in a while.

So my approach is not to take things, especially myself too serious and to initially assume everyone means well, unless proven otherwise.

Another suggestion I have in mind;
let's start a thread titled something closer to what we have planned, so people can see right away what we're trying. We could also try to keep that thread more on topic so everyone new who reads it will have an easy time keeping the overview.

I think I'll be a little more clear in the way I speak next time.

And theres a couple of things you both say here that are interesting points.

Ohboy - We all have to let off steam once in a while. I'm not so sure whether you're thinking thats what I did. Or not. I not assuming here. But just to let evreyone know clearly here. I'm not the sort of person who lets off steam. I'm only saying this so people know.

Jassian - especially myself too serious. I don't take myself so serious. So I hope you think I was not picking on you cause I was not.

Thanks for being understanding here.

One thing thats difficult for me is that it is difficult to get to know people over the net. How do you interpret someone's response by reading it on a screen?

I hope I make sense here!

I am going to write some idea's about these everyone:

- A leapee permanently escapes QL. What would be the consequences? If any?
- Would sam continue to leap if he returned home?

Would that fit in with would everybody else is thinking of doing?

Or should we all do our own interpretations and then put them all together in a film?

Hmmmmm.....

I don't have any ideas yet. I just wanted to create a framework in which many people can put in their own idea and it can be put together in the end.

Do you know what you could do, Jassian. You could create a group on the social network for your project. If you don't know what I mean, then say so and I'll send you a Private Message about it.

I think I know what you mean, yeah that thought had crossed my mind too.
That would be really easy to organize in!

Ang, you're the 'founder' of this project. What's your opinion?

Actually, that crossed my mind to :)

Thanks for the "founder" tag jassian :)

Actually, as this project is group run, I was thinking all along that we as a group could have a social network!

Imagine we got funding for it????

Wow :)

Good idea guys!

Can I ask something without offending everyone?

If this is a group project, why does ohboy have to PM you jassian?

I hope you don't get the wrong idea, but being a group project, which I was hoping it would be, if one person can be told something, why can't everyone else? :)

Sorry to ask a dumb question here guys. Silly me! And even though jassian said i'm the founder, which was sweet, I do see this as a group project, so I kinda thought an open discussion by everyone would here would be helpful, so everyone knows how everyone is thinking and feeling. I hope I make sense here?

You know, I wander if we could write a script, and maybe I chase up james at short documenties, maybe I could have part of it professionally shot!

Could you get part of it filmed at uni jassian?

Is there any filming at all you could do ohboy?

How does that sound?

I have access to uni equipment almost 24/7 from march on. My only limitation is having to balance all the things I gotta do next year and finding volunteers to help out.

I think we are talking about the groups option on this forum. Are we?
What do you want to fund for Ang?

I think what I naturally do is to put myself in a "producer" position, because I'm so used to running projects. But I'm totally happy doing anything else, actually more than happy, because it's a lot of work. The thing is though, in my experience when creating 'TV' you need a hierarchy. One person has to be the one making the final descision, setting the deadlines, making sure all the bits and pieces come together, it's all realistic and so forth.
It doesn't matter who, it's less a position of power than responsibility, but we should be clear on who it is. We can try to structure it more democratically, but the risk is that we'll never get it done. Which doesn't mean we aren't all part of the decision , but there has to be a measure against debating endlessly.

I think the PM idea was just to not clog up the thread with explaining the obvious. What's wrong with that?

Also something I think we should decide on early is the scope of this.
i'm still in favor of starting really small, as this is our first project and to rather do that well. We can still try larger projects later, with more experience of how to run this in this context. This is really complicated to coordinate and as I'm doing a lot of things next year, I won't be able to do anything big.

Anyway if everybody else wants to start big, I'll do my share as best I can albeit just a small bit. And I'm always ready to answer technical questions, as far as I am knowledgeable, otherwise I can ask my teachers.

Actually, that crossed my mind to :)

Thanks for the "founder" tag jassian :)

Actually, as this project is group run, I was thinking all along that we as a group could have a social network!

Imagine we got funding for it????

Wow :)

Good idea guys!

Can I ask something without offending everyone?

If this is a group project, why does ohboy have to PM you jassian?

I hope you don't get the wrong idea, but being a group project, which I was hoping it would be, if one person can be told something, why can't everyone else? :)

Sorry to ask a dumb question here guys. Silly me! And even though jassian said i'm the founder, which was sweet, I do see this as a group project, so I kinda thought an open discussion by everyone would here would be helpful, so everyone knows how everyone is thinking and feeling. I hope I make sense here?

You know, I wander if we could write a script, and maybe I chase up james at short documenties, maybe I could have part of it professionally shot!

Could you get part of it filmed at uni jassian?

Is there any filming at all you could do ohboy?

How does that sound?

Two points. Number one is that the reason that I wanted to send a PM was to give an explanation. It had nothing to do with hiding anything. After all, I don't hold the secret of creating groups. Jassian's reason was correct.

Second, there is no filming that I could do. I don't own equipment like that, and I would have any sets, props, or even people that would be willing. Plus, as I said earlier, I don't have the time and resources to devote a large amount of time to this project, and hence could do nothing significant. I could do little things like throw out ideas, or edit pieces of a script, but nothing demanding, though, as I stated earlier.

Firstly - I hope you guys understand why I was questioning the PM. I didn't say there was right or wrong here. I don't know that. Is there something wrong with a PM jassian? You tell me. And I'm not thinking or saying that people are hiding anything. I was merely trying to make a point that if it this is a group thing - then all discussions MAYBE should be open, if that makes sense. I was not saying no more, no less.

I'm not saying PM'ing is not allowed!!! By all means! If I ever question anything guys, I do mean it in a common sense way, and to try to make things better for everyone, So I hope you all get me as to why I'm probing and questioning here.