The Impossible Dream

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
If you guys have heard Quanta Dimensional Leap... you haven't heard ANYTHING yet.

I am a skeptic when it comes to things that I'm not really well versed in... but when it comes to quality stuff... I know it... and oh my goodness when I finally put the final finishing piece to the puzzle just this morning and listened to the finished product of this thing... it was absolutely amazing.

If you have ever wondered what Sam might be thinking when he is between leaps... this will put your mind at ease. This in of itself is something that will make you want him to come back home... something that has given him a purpose... a reason to come back home.

I know, I know, you're probably thinking that this is just MJ going on about something that she's done and she's just really hyped over herself... NO! That's not the case. I didn't write the script. Gelfling1220 wrote the script!

The voice actors in it are:
Our dear Shane Devon as Sam Beckett
Chronocrossed as our dear Albert Calavicci
Christopher Heim as Gooshie
and yeah... me as Donna Beckett.

Now, listen... I know that this isn't the ordinary leap type of thing, but I want you guys to understand... this is the beginning of a new Quantum Leap thing. It's a new route that Quantum Realities is taking on this trip...

And...

if this is the start...

it's going to be a hell of a ride.

This 13 minute clip of pure Quantum Leap will be out Friday, February 6, 2003. I've already been told by our faithful leader, Ms. Aurora Mcpherson... and she was blown away herself when she heard it this evening for the first time.

So... if you want to listen to some pure QL... check it out...

I know you won't be disappointed.

MJ

I want to add to what MJ said. This is a very special production that I am severely proud of. Gelfling has crafted an interesting insight piece here. She even goes so far as to imagine what Sam was thinking when he took his first leap.

I don't want to give anything away, though. This particular vignette has been in production a looong time. Hard to imagine, with it clocking in at 13 minutes. It took me nearly three months to get all the dialogue just right! lol

Do me a favor and listen to it when it goes online. I'm proud of this one and would like to share it with everyone.

Hopefully you'll be as moved by it as I am right now.

In Peace,
Shane

Re: ...

Well, I think MJ and Shane have really said it all, but I certainly hope everyone gets a chance to listen to it. They've done a fantastic job - MJ's mixing and voice work are absolutely brilliant, and you just can't help but be moved by Shane's performance. (Get your hankies ready!)

As Shane said, it's been a long time in production. For me, it's definitely been worth it. Hope you think so too!

Cheers,
~gelfling

I'm just still in shock....

This came from my computer??? My thoughts came up with the sounds for this??? Gelf wrote it wonderfully... and it makes honest to goodness sense...but... it came from MY COMPUTER!?

Ok. Ok. I guess it did... I'm just still in shock over it. That's all. Yeah.

Ok. Ok.

Gelf now has heard the final copy and likes it as well... I hope as much as I do. She's the one that I really wanted to make it sound right for. Usually the writer has a specific purpose in mind and in thought when they are writing it and how it should sound and all.....

And... yes, she did have me change some things... edit some more... and it only made it better.

God, please... can NEXT Friday get here any quicker? Please?!

I want you guys to hear it so badly...

MJ

Maybe... just maybe I could ask Brian about putting up a link to one line so that everyone could have a small sample... just a teeny tiny one... something... Maybe. What do you say Brian? A zip file?

Re: I'm just still in shock....

I've made an offer to Aurora to move QDL back to Al's Place if she'll let me do the web design for it so we'll see what she decides on that. I don't have so many space restrictions anymore on the new server. But for now yes, that is fine. Upload it to the server and post a link, MJ!

Oooooo... I can!?!

Well... let me see here... what part... what part... there's that one... and ohhh that would be a good one too...

Hmmmm... gotta think now...

Give me a bit... and I may have something for you.

MJ

I found a small snippet from the audio... it's just a part though... not the whole thing and really doesn't give much of the entire thing away...

This is NOT what I want everyone to walk away from hearing this and say... OHHH so that was what it was all about. No, it's not. This is specifically for just hearing a piece of the audio.

OK?

The zip file (to keep it low on bandwidth) is a discussion between Al and Sam before Al leaves...

Just... uhm... check it out...

*grin*

The Impossible Dream Snippet

Enjoy.

Let me know what you think of just this little snippet... if you'd like. ;)

MJ

Only a few more days.

This will be out on Friday guys... so, I'll be waiting to hear... and so will Shane as well... about what you guys think about this Audio.

I can't wait for you guys to hear it. :hurray

3 more days....

Just 3 more days!

Brian,
Has Aurora gotten back with you on the server issue? It looks like QL is having a problem with servers at the moment. So... I guess that the audio is going to have to wait even more.

I'm more than a little upset over this whole mess. She told me that it would be up... and I don't think that it ever got uploaded to the server. I worked hard on it and God knows (as well as Shane and Gelfling) how good it really is... and now no one can hear it.

Any suggestions?

MJ

Great Job!

This is my first post on this board...oh,boy! Anyway, I have been visiting "Al's Place" for about two months now and I want to say to Brian and everyone else involved it is an awesome web site. There is a great feeling of community here as well as content, fun, news and nostalgia.
Secondly, I've finished listening to "Impossible Dream" and the other programs under the radio section and want to say in regards to that great job! While Quantum Leap has been gone for soooo long, you all really know how to keep it alive. Thank you very much.

Re: Great Job!

Nice to have you here!

Yes, we do like to keep the show alive and I'm glad you get the feeling of community here. The Al's Place site is built and designed by me but without many of these great folks who have donated their time and resources, the website wouldn't be nearly as complete!

As far as the Radio Files, Aurora and MJ along with the superb cast of voice actors have outdone themselves. I'm glad they let me build a site for them and have it here!

That was so cool!!!!!!

Hi,

Everyone!

Yes, I'm back and I'm here for good. I finally got my own internet access broadband style!

Just listen to the clip. Oh my goodness it was so cool!!!! They really did sound like Sam and Al.

Must find the rest!

Janna