Round Robin Story B

I'll try to add something soon. I appreciate you trying to keep the story running, Jaycol. I agree; this story would be great to see to the finish. It just needs a few more creative minds.

"Do you know where Buck is?" Sam asked.

Justin thought for a minute. "I think he's in the living room."

The two of them left to go check the living room. Sure enough, Buck was sitting on the couch, reading a book. He looked up as Sam and Justin entered the room, and set the book down.

"Why hello, you two," he said.

"Hi Granpa," Justin said.

"What are you two up to?" he asked, a small grin on his face.

"Actually, we came to talk to you," Justin said, glancing at Sam before returning his attention to his grandfather.

"Talk to me, eh? What about?" he asked.

"It's about Bill..." Sam began.

Thought I would leave the door open to those who would like to carry on that conversation.

I'll give it a shot.

"What about him?"

Sam paused as his mind began to form the words, "There's something not quite right about him."

"What's not quite right?"

"It's a feeling..."

"You'll need more than a feeling to start thinking there's something wrong about a person."

Sam debated telling Buck right then and there that Bill was a future murderer, and had found oil beneath the farm. The problem is that Sam could tell Buck would probably want to know how Sam knew all this, and he doubted Buck would believe that a hologram from the future used a talking supercomputer to find this out.

"I overheard Bill talking about it," Sam blurted out suddenly.

Buck raised an eyebrow. "Talking about what?"

Sam sighed. He didn't know why he lied, but he knew that he already dug too far to just brush this off. "He was talking about oil being under the farm, and that he wanted to take ownership of it."

"Hmm..." Buck began. "I don't think you'd lie about something like this, but how do I know that you didn't mishear him. Victoria is very much in love with him. It would break her heart to hear this type of talk."

"But it's true," Justin stated. "He's been even more distant then usual, and he keeps looking at this one plot of land really funny, refusing to plant anything on it. He's got to be up to something!"

"Boys, you're going to need more than just a hunch and some overheard talk to go and make accusations like that," Buck said. "How do we know you didn't mishear him. Being distant and acting differently isn't a crime. We all have times where we act different."

Sam frowned at Buck's words as anger welled up inside of him. He wanted to scream until Buck understood let alone listened to him.

Sam was running out of ideas, but he had one last thing that he could try.

"Grandpa, I'm a lawyer. I know when people are hiding something. That's my job, what I'm paid to do. I've had lots of experiences in when people are guilty and lying. I've seen the look on his face. He's trying to hide something."

He looked at both Justin and Buck, wondering what their reactions would be.

"Well, if anyone would be around criminals all day, it would be a lawyer," Justin agreed.

Buck looked at Sam. "You really believe this don't you?"

"Yes, sir," Sam replied.

"Then I'll give you a chance to prove it to me," Buck said, after a moment of thought.

"How?" Sam asked.

Suddenly Sam got an idea. He didn't know why he didn't think of it before it is so simple. He turned away from Buck and Justin so he could look at Al, who had been there the whole time witnessing the exchange of words between the three men.
"If only there was some way I could show you where the oil is buried we can dig for it and I could show you." Sam said.
Al looked at Sam and smiled. "what would you ever do without me kid?" He said as he began punching commands into his handlink.

Sam turned to Buck and Justin. "How about I show you where the oil is?"

Buck looked unconvinced, despite the conviction in Sam's voice. "How would you know where the oil is in the first place?"

"I know from when I overheard Bill talking about it," Sam said.

Buck looked over Sam, thinking for a moment before finally nodding his head. "Alright, I'll give you a chance. Justin, help me up."

Sam was pretty happy that he was believed. He hoped that Al could locate it in time, though, because he only had one chance with Buck.

"Found it, Sam," Al replied, smiling. "Follow me."

Sam nodded, and led Buck and Justin down to the fields, taking Al's lead.

Alright, I want to hear from the writers on this. This story has now been going on for about nine months, with many pauses inbetween. Now, I would like to finish this story, I really would. Therefore, how does a few long story contributions sound, where we could just tie up the loose ends and send Sam on his way? I don't know if there is any interset in a Round Robin C (I would be glad to do it if there is), but I have a feeling that this story is getting a bit too old to really have many new people join on now.

What do you all think?

I'm all for it. I just need to think of something good and worthwhile and maybe try to set something up that can be used if a part C is indeed coming. Just give me some time or if you have anything to put for it go ahead and I will work off of that.

This has been bothering me lately, and I don't want to leave this undone, so I'm going to make a rather long contribution here, and sort of begin to wrap it up. If anyone would like to help finish this, go ahead. Also, if I started a third Round Robin, would there be any interest for it?

After what seemed like a few minutes, Al stopped in what appeared to be the middle of the field, away from where the crops were planted. Sam guessed that the land here was either barren, or this was the year they were letting the soil recover. Either way, Sam stopped, acting as though he knew all along this was where the land was. Justin and Uncle Buck stopped behind him, looking at the land.

"This is it, Sam. If you dig just a little ways, a few feet, you should find some oil. That should be all the proof that you need," Al informed him.

"Here's the oil," Sam told the others, pointing to the plot of line that Al was standing next to. "Justin, have you planted anything near here?"

Justin thought for a moment, and shook his head. "Come to think of it, crops never did grow well over here. Isn't that right, Uncle?"

Buck nodded. "It's funny, but you're right, we never could farm over here. But why do you think that there's oil under the land; it could just be bad soil."

Sam had an idea. He really hoped that he wasn't putting the Rogers family in danger, but he had to let them know that they needed to defend this land. "We just need to dig down a little. That's all the proof we need."

"With what?" Justin asked. "I don't think that any of us brought shovels."

Sam mentally slapped himself, realizing that he probably should have thought of that before he took the family to the middle of the farm. One of them would have to walk back, and he figured that it would be safest if he did. He didn't want one of them to start acting suspicious if they saw Bill. He chuckled, trying to act forgetful. "Sorry about that. I'll go back and get us some."

"Hurry back, Gerry," Buck said. "It's a bit chilly, and I think its about time for my nap."

"I will, Uncle," Buck said, as he began a quick walk towards the shed. He turned back to see if Al was following him or not, which thankfully, he was.

"I can't believe we forgot shovels," Al said, half-chuckling.

"Al, does this change anything?"

"I don't know; let me check," Al replied, clicking on the handlink. After reading it for a moment, he looked back up at Sam, looking very worried.

"I know that look," Sam said, looking just as worried as Al. "Something's changed, and it's not for the better."

"You got that right," Al replied. "Don't get too worried, but the time of death has changed. Now, the four of you disappear today."

"Al, that's impossible!" Sam said. "What could we have changed?"

Al shrugged his shoulders. "I guess Bill somehow found out that you knew what he knew, and got worried. Be careful, Sam, we need to take care of that nozzle soon."

"I agree," Sam nodded. Finally, they reached the tool shed, and the two entered. Sam began to look around for the shovels, though he was hit with a blast of nostalgia. This looked just like the tool shed back on the farm where he grew up. It was funny how much this leap reminded him of home. He found what he was looking for, and turned to get them, turning his back to the entrance.

"Turn around nice and slow!" a voice ordered. It sounded just like Bill's.

Sam slowly began to do as he said, raising his arms. He saw Bill standing just inside the entrance, a shotgun pointed at Sam. "I saw you on the field, Gerry. Why did you do that? Why did you go and tell them? You know what this means, don't you? You know too much, now, and I can't have that!"

I'm working on a conclusion to this. Hope to have it finished...soon.

Eleiece K.

This has been bothering me lately, and I don't want to leave this undone, so I'm going to make a rather long contribution here, and sort of begin to wrap it up. If anyone would like to help finish this, go ahead. Also, if I started a third Round Robin, would there be any interest for it?

After what seemed like a few minutes, Al stopped in what appeared to be the middle of the field, away from where the crops were planted. Sam guessed that the land here was either barren, or this was the year they were letting the soil recover. Either way, Sam stopped, acting as though he knew all along this was where the land was. Justin and Uncle Buck stopped behind him, looking at the land.

"This is it, Sam. If you dig just a little ways, a few feet, you should find some oil. That should be all the proof that you need," Al informed him.

"Here's the oil," Sam told the others, pointing to the plot of line that Al was standing next to. "Justin, have you planted anything near here?"

Justin thought for a moment, and shook his head. "Come to think of it, crops never did grow well over here. Isn't that right, Uncle?"

Buck nodded. "It's funny, but you're right, we never could farm over here. But why do you think that there's oil under the land; it could just be bad soil."

Sam had an idea. He really hoped that he wasn't putting the Rogers family in danger, but he had to let them know that they needed to defend this land. "We just need to dig down a little. That's all the proof we need."

"With what?" Justin asked. "I don't think that any of us brought shovels."

Sam mentally slapped himself, realizing that he probably should have thought of that before he took the family to the middle of the farm. One of them would have to walk back, and he figured that it would be safest if he did. He didn't want one of them to start acting suspicious if they saw Bill. He chuckled, trying to act forgetful. "Sorry about that. I'll go back and get us some."

"Hurry back, Gerry," Buck said. "It's a bit chilly, and I think its about time for my nap."

"I will, Uncle," Buck said, as he began a quick walk towards the shed. He turned back to see if Al was following him or not, which thankfully, he was.

"I can't believe we forgot shovels," Al said, half-chuckling.

"Al, does this change anything?"

"I don't know; let me check," Al replied, clicking on the handlink. After reading it for a moment, he looked back up at Sam, looking very worried.

"I know that look," Sam said, looking just as worried as Al. "Something's changed, and it's not for the better."

"You got that right," Al replied. "Don't get too worried, but the time of death has changed. Now, the four of you disappear today."

"Al, that's impossible!" Sam said. "What could we have changed?"

Al shrugged his shoulders. "I guess Bill somehow found out that you knew what he knew, and got worried. Be careful, Sam, we need to take care of that nozzle soon."

"I agree," Sam nodded. Finally, they reached the tool shed, and the two entered. Sam began to look around for the shovels, though he was hit with a blast of nostalgia. This looked just like the tool shed back on the farm where he grew up. It was funny how much this leap reminded him of home. He found what he was looking for, and turned to get them, turning his back to the entrance.

"Turn around nice and slow!" a voice ordered. It sounded just like Bill's.

Sam slowly began to do as he said, raising his arms. He saw Bill standing just inside the entrance, a shotgun pointed at Sam. "I saw you on the field, Gerry. Why did you do that? Why did you go and tell them? You know what this means, don't you? You know too much, now, and I can't have that!"