Help me finetune my actor's website?

I can't give you an answer, mate.

All I know is that it is a sort of audition. And an audition is them taking a look at who you are and what you do so they can decide if they want you for one of their projects. They may also remember you for the next project or remember you when you return for another audition. If nothing else it's experience.

That's the problem with this job. There are no certainties.
A lot is just luck that they happpen to be looking for someone who works like you do, or looks like you do at the right time. Or that you happed to do something that is inspriring one particular person at the right time.

One thing I can guarantee though, is if you don't get seen and never introduce yourself your chances of being picked are really low. Not impossible, but definitely low.

Which doen't mean you have to go to this workshop, it may mean you have to do a lot of plays or projects and get them seen, or put on a professional play and ask agents to come and see it who may then sign you and in turn introduce you to the casting directors... however this is a chance to meet some casting directors in person already, which is not a bad thing.

This really means, I don't know what's gonna happen. it's completely worth it for me, but I can't answer it for you. Any help? :)

The reason I am asking all these questions - and I'm sure it would be worth it IF you got a job outta it :)

So what happens IF you don't get a job out of a workshop?

Would you keep going to workshops hoping somebody will notice you?

That means you'd have to keep spending money for a chace that may or may not be there :)

Thats my point if I make sense :)

I'm only asking so many questions only because of this god awful experience with this extra agency, I think its made me think not so straight!!!

Sorry for the questions :(

Oh, and by the way......

How many casting agents do show up?

And how often are workshops organised?

:)

I know there arew workshops all over the world :)

You know, a new york workshop asked me to go and check them out!

If you check my friends on myspace, you'd see him :)

He has asked me twice in a month!!!

Free workshop clas he told me!

Is that something you would do?

Cause I'd LOVE to be seen in America, but not so sure whom to chase.

I know theres casting agents all over the place there!

Yep, OK, let me first clarify two terms, they are often confused.

Agent : That's usually someone representing you in negotiations, finding jobs for you (although very often you find your own, never rely on them alone, they're just human, make your own contacts) and they get a percentage , around 11 % in Australia, whenever you work. The also introduce you to casting directors, sometimes they are called casting agents, and that's what causes confusion.

casting directors (or casting agents) are the people who the director goes to when they want a pre selection of actors for a role, they would also sit in at or hold auditions. The Director, though, has the final word. Casting directors have a database of actors and they may recommend you and others to the Director to select from.

(I may not be getting this 100% right, I'm still new to all this :) so please verify it with other people too)

The new thing is that instead of 'normal' auditions some casting directors like holding workshops, so they get to know the actors a little better.
There is several different types of workshop held by a variety of different people with all kinds of different goals. I'm sure there are several throughout next year as well. In my experience the ones held by casting directors have to be paid for, but that isn't a rule set in stone.

So yeah, I don't really know much more than this. it all depends on who is holding hte workshop and how good they are. And whether it gives you a job or not.. dude, too many factors to consider... Some fantastic people may hold workshops for free or almost for free and even cast from them, and some horrible teachers may ask a lot of money. I think the only way to know is to talk to people who have taken that particular one before.

Did that help?

angvav said:
Wow :)

Great help :)

Actually now I will give it a shot :)

Hopefully I can save up some cash for this Vic workshop coming up, if their still taking people :)

Your kind and sweet help is much appreciated :)

Thank you jassian

Cool :)
Anyway, make sure you're going because you want to, not because I think it's good. I may be wrong . :p

Well if you should decide to go to this one and want to work on characters over email, let me know.
Me and hopefully more people from my class should be there nice and early so if you want to run your scene a few times beforehand, I'm happy to help.

ohboy said:
Wow. Great job on the website.

:D thanks.

couldya take a look at the first video under videos (showreel 2008 ) and let me know what you think? :)

:) Thaaaanks! I'm glad it looks alright. It's a really hard thing to judge on my own.