WHOA!!!!!

T

TVNewsCam

Has anyone checked out the ql.alt.creative newsgroup of lately? I just stopped by there when I saw a VERY shocking post . . .

A coded message, possibly from Al Qaeda, which may contain details on a new terroist attack! The "Buy Nothing Day" that is in the subject line of the post, in my mind, possibly refers to Christmas. Here in the US, almost all stores are closed on December 25, making shopping areas look like ghost towns (compared to the weeks and days prior).

Pretty freaky . . .

Stephanie

Matt, here is what the message had said . . .

From: annihilator-3@erlenstar.demon.co.uk (annihilator-3@erlenstar.demon.co.uk)
Subject: Said EL-Hassan: next Al Queda attack on Buy Nothing Day
This is the only article in this thread
View: Original Format
Newsgroups: alt.tv.quantum-leap.creative
Date: 2002-11-26 19:15:35 PST

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Said EL-Hassan, allah be praised, here are your orders:

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2i

03xITSc7OijPiwdV2DTG/NEaPFvDsH/5+Jqs6F1pSyoWsAAiYv/1BRIi6t1ITWTl
+a0eTvafB+CS4kPrVAJHZ0T47IQFJeUwncPTZCTEiYUIsgbDl+iQUCrJnaZaTYa8
fvxgj7tX6eoG6DN6fXbraeLX4lP3ZN1Sbl+MVayz7XMp2CnydEXFQCDNWYyh9RYm
jJGII0/rjd05x0Hmxt1lDWUXkqLXQtDMl0+koAegU0ULtT0eqPLyTJ6P9Oc601FN
EHLGWUaD9hVve3Fikt7ZS+c2WPYaESB9qMYU9P3NrzHQ8TRIq0XYx71PHsn0OnHN
HT+gr4mfHOMpgInDuwVlXSiguoCaSdCUsFcDNK3n2BWN82AYKAQXbh4CVkadvZs+
ORELmuJ+E59XRuNM0mPK9p6VkQS4QjKlS4==
=nAN3

-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v0.9.5 (FreeBSD)
Comment: For info see www.gnupg.org

o1kQQZkJ1lsRY6V5j2N7WAC1GiBNGwrhHVhcn5lzP/Qf0usJ47zF0HeXIsj7//0u
+9c1oara6z3TYseLJWOb3/RUITxKLZuD0xOcO0zrD/y57mhy+5gLu5==
=Cbrw
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

As you can see, it's definitely encrypted. Deep down inside, I hope that this isn't a message about a real terrorist attack. The whole world has been through enough already . . .

Stephanie

gotta agree with you. If it's real or not, we've had enough.

Course with the president shooting his mouth off every chance he gets, I bet we'll be in a flippin' world war very soon anyways!

rolleyes.gif

gotta agree with you.

Although I freely admit I'm a liberal (ahh) democrate, I have been giving President Bush the benefit of the doubt since 9/11. But unfortunately, as you said Matt, if he doesn't learn to edit what he says before it exits his mouth we are going to get into a war in no time flat.

Don't get me wrong, I think Saddam could be the third antichrist from Nostradamus' proficesy (sp), but right now we should be concentrating our manpower, resources and money on winning the war on terror. As the car bomb and attempted shout down of an airliner in last week shows. Sorry I'm with Gore we have to keep our focus on the war on terror.

Well that we my rant for the night. Now I can go to sleep happy. Night everyone.

Later Leapers!

--Anna--

Re: gotta agree with you.

Ohhhh, trust me! I'm a veteran, and I did serve in an armed conflict... alebit a very small one in comparrison to wars we've fought. Ol Saddam and Osama better find a big hole to sit in if I were in charge!! They would have been dead two weeks after their incidents.

Having fought for the defense of my country, having served in the effort to rescue some citizens that were being held against their will, I think I can safely say that.

But the time for this crap has LONG passed. Now it's Bush being a big bully!

Let the UN lead, and let's stop being the policer of the world.

SHEEESH!

Matt

I got to say as a brit I am not happy with the way Blair is handling the situation either, he is bring our country in to things we cannot possibly handle, I feel.

I dont know much about politics or war, I try and stay out of debates, but it does make me very uneasy and very scared when all i here on the news is talks about WAR..

I think since we aren't part of Europe yet and America being so far away even though we are supposed to be Allies, we as an Island are very alienated. and these bombs what every they, (hoping its not a nuke) could wipe us out.

Ruthie

it's one thing to stand up to terrorism. It's another to go seeking it out!!! And to alienate yourself in the process!

Matt