RIP Michael Blake (Charles Rocket)

I can't believe that. At first I thought it was natural causes and thought he was too young, but to see that he actually committed suicide is even harder to believe. I won't see "A Little Miracle" or "A Leap For Lisa" the same way again...

A real tragedy. I hope he's at peace now....can't imagine how much pain he must've been in to feel that suicide (esp in that manner) was the answer.

Oh no! :( This is terrible news! I too thought he was a great actor and always enjoyed seeing him in other TV shows and movies. Unfortunately, I can imagine what kind of state his mind must have been in to even contemplate, much less actually go through with, committing suicide. Could have been a number of psychological problems too. Such a shame... :(

Damon

I am sitting here watching "A Leap for Lisa" and something just occured to me.

At the end of "It's a Wonderful Leap", when Sam and Al are Scroogeing Michael Blake. Al appears off to the side sitting on Blake's Tombstone. Al tells Charles Rockets charecter Michael Blake that he committed suicide by jumping off the top of the Blake Plaza.

It's wierd how things like that happen sometimes.

Oh, Charlie...

Sad...
But ironic: In the original history, Michael Blake was going to commit suicide...

It's not something good..., but if it was the only choice he found, well, even that decision deserves some respect. Life can be too hard for some people. Sometimes they're too tired of it that the only thing they want to do is just get some rest... It's something that can be studied. Not always because they were bad people (most of them were not), or because they're having bad thoughts, but life gets a gray color, and loses its pink completely sometimes, even for rich people...

there was a reason for his suicide

When I found out on 30th October 06 ( this year)about Charlie's death no-one seemed to know why he had killed himself.

I had to know. This sent me on a quest, which lasted 6 weeks. It's way too long to explain but eventually I came into contact with a writer (who wishes to remain anonymous). He had the answers that made everything I'd been researching fall into place. He had been researching since early this year

Basically we both agree that Charlie committed suicide because of what his parents did to him.

He suffered horrendous abuse at their hands. physical, mental & emotional. He was tortured. It's too shocking to put into words & too long a story for here. What happened on SNL didn't help either.

Everything got to him & all his anger & pain became all-consuming. He killed himself in the way he did because of his rage against his parents, snl & some other stuff.

I thought you should all know.

If you go and rewatch the episode " A Little Miracle " you can sometimes see his pain because he's obviously remembering his own childhood.

I got some pics together from different sources you can view them. Link:

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yasmin_anjumuk/album?.dir=/edf1scd&.src=ph&.tok=ph_hZ0FB9VZwxP4N

yasmin
16th Dec 06.(12.00noon UK)

Last edited:
:hair NO WAY! OMG! that's unbelievable, he was such a great actor what the heck! thats so sad. we will miss you Charles Rockett :*(

ADDITION: wow, I just looked him up on imdb and it said he died last year (2005) I am surprised it took almost a year for this to be brought to Al's Place's attention.

ADDITION AGIAN: aww, I was reading some more on his IMDB and he was married with one child (it failed to say son or daughter). my deepest sympathies go out to them.

Last edited:
oh wow, this thread is old, I didn't realize that. my bad :p

ADDITION 12:16am (cali time): ook, I just realized something. His IMDB said he killed himself on october 17, 2005. thats not only my grandma's birthday on my dad's side, but its also twelve days following my dad's death.

wow.

Last edited:
I know this threads old but I only posted so that people would know the reason for his suicide because no-one else seemed to know. I only found out this Oct about his death last year & that's why I posted on 16th Dec 06.

yasmin

yasmin,

Thank you very much for your viewpoint on this. Suicide is still a taboo.

I just looked up his name on IMDB and discovered that he was once an anchorman on KOAA-TV in Pueblo, Colorado. That's considered a local channel here in Colorado Springs. It's the NBC affiliate here. Apparently, he was once a weatherman.

Kat