Various questions (Evil Leaper, etc etc)

Rockstar2005

Project QL Intern
Dec 9, 2012
These are just a few things that crossed my mind, and I wanted to know what you all thought? Please answer any and all that you can!

1) In Evil Leaper Ep II, Zoey is able to confirm using Lothos that Arnold is in fact Sam. So why is it that in Ep III, she can't do the same thing? I understand why she couldn't track down Alia (b/c of the hypnosis), but why couldn't she do the same thing in Ep III, or have Thames do it? Is it because they didn't think Sam was with her? I do recall her being under the impression there was someone in THEIR waiting room, and then Thames says there isn't. Did they all just assume or believe that she'd leaped on her own?

2) How exactly did Ziggy use the electric fence around the prison in III as a cloaking device? They don't really explain that. Was it some kind of advanced process using Sam's brainwaves?

3) How do Al and Ziggy know certain things about certain people in various episodes? I mean, like how do they know things that aren't documented? In some cases, I assume maybe the leapee told Al, or something like that. But like....... the one example that always comes to mind is the one ep "Another Mother" where Al checks with Ziggy via his handlink, and then says to that one teenager (who of course can't hear him) that he IS a virgin and is gonna be one for another 7 (or so) years to come. How could they possibly know that?! lol

4) Speaking of the waiting room...... here's a question: When Sam built PQL, was it intended that he would leap into people, or just as himself? I'm asking because, it seemed like to me the original intention was to leap on his own, but then of course God, Time, Whatever took over and had other plans. So why is there even a "waiting room" when the eventual body-switching that happens when Sam leaps was never planned? Or did they just start calling that particular room the waiting room b/c that's just where G/T/W decided to put the leapees that Sam leaped into?

These are just a few things that crossed my mind, and I wanted to know what you all thought? Please answer any and all that you can!

1) In Evil Leaper Ep II, Zoey is able to confirm using Lothos that Arnold is in fact Sam. So why is it that in Ep III, she can't do the same thing? I understand why she couldn't track down Alia (b/c of the hypnosis), but why couldn't she do the same thing in Ep III, or have Thames do it? Is it because they didn't think Sam was with her? I do recall her being under the impression there was someone in THEIR waiting room, and then Thames says there isn't. Did they all just assume or believe that she'd leaped on her own?

I expect that Lothos would need to scan each individual person to see if they have been swapped out by a leaper. In a massive maximum security prison it would be impractical to attempt this.

2) How exactly did Ziggy use the electric fence around the prison in III as a cloaking device? They don't really explain that. Was it some kind of advanced process using Sam's brainwaves?

I doubt it had anything to do with Sam's brainwaves, I think she just tapped into the extra power around the fence to power whatever hardware or program was being used to create this cloak.

3) How do Al and Ziggy know certain things about certain people in various episodes? I mean, like how do they know things that aren't documented? In some cases, I assume maybe the leapee told Al, or something like that. But like....... the one example that always comes to mind is the one ep "Another Mother" where Al checks with Ziggy via his handlink, and then says to that one teenager (who of course can't hear him) that he IS a virgin and is gonna be one for another 7 (or so) years to come. How could they possibly know that?! lol

The only way I can think of is if the kid eventually wrote a book or article or something where he mentions it. Otherwise I think Gushie would have been having a joke with Al, making Ziggy send that "information" to him...

4) Speaking of the waiting room...... here's a question: When Sam built PQL, was it intended that he would leap into people, or just as himself? I'm asking because, it seemed like to me the original intention was to leap on his own, but then of course God, Time, Whatever took over and had other plans. So why is there even a "waiting room" when the eventual body-switching that happens when Sam leaps was never planned? Or did they just start calling that particular room the waiting room b/c that's just where G/T/W decided to put the leapees that Sam leaped into?

Sam always intended for the project to swap someone out, and the intention was to OBSERVE what was happening at that point in time from the eyes of whoever was leapt into. Of course, with GFTW's help Sam got to fulfil his life's work of making the world a better place by righting wrongs :)

Thanks Lightning McQueenie! Those were some good answers.

It just seems like when watching the pilot that the intention was to go back in time, but not actually switch places with people. But I guess what you said makes sense too........ once I think it through (to quote Al in the pilot lol).

I will say regarding the kid from Another Mother, that perhaps he did write an article or something like that. Still a bit hard to believe, but that's JUST close enough for me!

Happy Holidays,

Rockstar2005

I expect that Lothos would need to scan each individual person to see if they have been swapped out by a leaper. In a massive maximum security prison it would be impractical to attempt this.

I doubt it had anything to do with Sam's brainwaves, I think she just tapped into the extra power around the fence to power whatever hardware or program was being used to create this cloak.

The only way I can think of is if the kid eventually wrote a book or article or something where he mentions it. Otherwise I think Gushie would have been having a joke with Al, making Ziggy send that "information" to him...

Sam always intended for the project to swap someone out, and the intention was to OBSERVE what was happening at that point in time from the eyes of whoever was leapt into. Of course, with GFTW's help Sam got to fulfil his life's work of making the world a better place by righting wrongs :)