WALKING WITH ACHILLES updates

It's at fanfiction.net. You have to change the rating to ALL to be able to see it.

asearcher said:

It's an "M+" rating (mature readers) and fanfiction.net doesn't list those on the screen unless you ask for it by setting it to "all" or "M+ stores only". I've been reading this story on there, and I love it!

Samantha Beckett

RE: Walking With Achilles

asearcher said:
I take it, this is a rating you put in at fanfiction.net? Since I've only recently been aquainted with that site. (H*LL, if you consider 6 months recent, I've only been recently aquainted with Al's Place...but now it feels like I've been here forever (and happily too)!) I'm not sure exactly how I set these things to All or M+ or whatever.

Help????

Helen,

Follow this link: http://www.fanfiction.net/cat/208/ . It will take you to the fanficion.net site?s page that lists all posted fan-fiction based on TV shows. They are listed in alphabetical order, so just look for Quantum Leap and click on that link, which will take you to the first page where Quantum Leap fan-fiction stories are listed.

At the top, above the listing of the first story on that page, you?ll see:

Pages: 1 of 7
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sort: Update Date | Genre: All | Rated: | English | Length |
----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Status | GO

Each ?box? is a drop down menu that gives you some options. As has been said here, you can just set the ?Status? to ?All? and click ?GO? and, you will find Walking With Achilles at #18 on the list.

OR....

Under the drop down menu ?Rated?, select ?M? and click ?GO? and it will take you to a page where Achilles is listed first on the page.

I hope this helps, and that you enjoy the story.

Eleiece

I didn't know this was yours! I have been reading this story for ages, and reviewed a few times too. My name is moviefreak9940 on there! I have loved reading this story!

Samantha Beckett

Re: Walking With Achilles

I'm glad that you're enjoying it, Samantha, and thanks for the reviews. :)

With a bit of luck, I just might be posting another chapter by the end of the week. Things are starting to get really :hair, so hang onto your hat!

------
Eleiece

Sherdran said:
I'm glad that you're enjoying it, Samantha, and thanks for the reviews. :)

With a bit of luck, I just might be posting another chapter by the end of the week. Things are starting to get really :hair, so hang onto your hat!

------
Eleiece

*on the edge of her seat* I can't wait!!!!

Samantha Beckett

RE: Question about Walking With Achilles

Quote:

Hi! I reviewed earlier on this chappie (Chapter Eighteen) but a thought came to me later about it. If Derek could hear/see Al, couldn't he hear/see Sam for who he is, instead of as Tommie?

No. I based that on situations in two original episodes of Quantum Leap:

First, ?Shock Theater? - In "Shock Theater" several of the patients at Havenwell, including Thibidaux "Tibby" Johnson, could see Al. One specific scene is when Al is talking to Tibby then looks around at some other patients who are nearby and asks, "Can any of you guys see me?" At least one patient, maybe two, turned his head and smiled at Al and waved to him. Al then makes the comment, "Oh great! Animals, little kids, and now the mentally absent can see me." However, none of them, not even Tibby saw Sam as Sam. I think it?s a little later in that same scene, Al is about to go back and talk to Ziggy but before he leaves he turns to Tibby and says, ?Tibby, I want you to keep an eye on him?,? to which Tibby comes back in a sing-song sort of way, ?Her, her, her,? to which Al responds firmly, ?Him, him, him!?

I took that to mean that anyone mentally disturbed-- and/or with strong psychological problems--would be able to see Al, especially when that individual is in a highly agitated state. And I beleive you would agree that Derek is most definite mentally disturbed.

The other original QL episode is ?A Little Miracle? ? In that one, Sam leaps into the life of Reginald Pierson, Michael Blake?s personal valet. In the scene where the Salvation Army band is in the hall and Blake is ranting about them, Al (wearing a garish sort of Hawaiian shirt) makes some sort of comment about Blake and Blake looks right at him and demands to know who he is (or something like that). Of course, Al and Sam were startled by that revelation. Al had Ziggy rearrange the pattern of his brainwaves (?sort of like tuning a radio?), saying Ziggy said it was a weird sort of fluke that Blake?s brainwave patterns were similar to his. As in ?Shock Theater? for those few seconds, Blake saw only Al, not Sam.

Also, if you stop and think about it, Sam is ?wearing? his host?s aura. The aura acts as a sort of ?cloaking device? which ?except for animals and children under the age of 5 (like Theresa in ?Another Mother?)?allows only the host?s aura to be seen by anyone over the age of 5.

I hope this explanation helps. BUT...there?s another little surprise twist coming in the last chapter (19 - before the Epilogue) which I?m currently working on.

------------------
Eleiece

Sherdran said:
Quote:

Hi! I reviewed earlier on this chappie (Chapter Eighteen) but a thought came to me later about it. If Derek could hear/see Al, couldn't he hear/see Sam for who he is, instead of as Tommie?

No. I based that on situations in two original episodes of Quantum Leap:

First, ?Shock Theater? - In "Shock Theater" several of the patients at Havenwell, including Thibidaux "Tibby" Johnson, could see Al. One specific scene is when Al is talking to Tibby then looks around at some other patients who are nearby and asks, "Can any of you guys see me?" At least one patient, maybe two, turned his head and smiled at Al and waved to him. Al then makes the comment, "Oh great! Animals, little kids, and now the mentally absent can see me." However, none of them, not even Tibby saw Sam as Sam. I think it?s a little later in that same scene, Al is about to go back and talk to Ziggy but before he leaves he turns to Tibby and says, ?Tibby, I want you to keep an eye on him?,? to which Tibby comes back in a sing-song sort of way, ?Her, her, her,? to which Al responds firmly, ?Him, him, him!?

But Tibby could see Sam as Sam at the beginning. When they brought Sam back in from the electroshock therapy, Tibby kept saying "that's not Mr. Beederman!" over and over again.

Sherdran said:
I took that to mean that anyone mentally disturbed-- and/or with strong psychological problems--would be able to see Al, especially when that individual is in a highly agitated state. And I beleive you would agree that Derek is most definite mentally disturbed.

Of course, VERY disturbed...

Sherdran said:
The other original QL episode is ?A Little Miracle? ? In that one, Sam leaps into the life of Reginald Pierson, Michael Blake?s personal valet. In the scene where the Salvation Army band is in the hall and Blake is ranting about them, Al (wearing a garish sort of Hawaiian shirt) makes some sort of comment about Blake and Blake looks right at him and demands to know who he is (or something like that). Of course, Al and Sam were startled by that revelation. Al had Ziggy rearrange the pattern of his brainwaves (?sort of like tuning a radio?), saying Ziggy said it was a weird sort of fluke that Blake?s brainwave patterns were similar to his. As in ?Shock Theater? for those few seconds, Blake saw only Al, not Sam.

Also, if you stop and think about it, Sam is ?wearing? his host?s aura. The aura acts as a sort of ?cloaking device? which ?except for animals and children under the age of 5 (like Theresa in ?Another Mother?)?allows only the host?s aura to be seen by anyone over the age of 5.

Yeah, I understand know. Thanks!

Sherdran said:
I hope this explanation helps. BUT...there?s another little surprise twist coming in the last chapter (19 - before the Epilogue) which I?m currently working on.

YAY!

Samantha Beckett

Good point about Tibby being able to see Sam. It's been a while since I last watched Shock Theater.

Eleiece

Hmmm....I think we should schedule a joint watching session sometime....with cocoa.... ;)

Eleiece--

I just finished Walking with Achilles. OMG :hair ! It was excellant! It's a good thing I'm not too busy at work right now, b/c I didn't want to stop reading it!

Thanks so much for sharing!

elliemae said:
Eleiece--

I just finished Walking with Achilles. OMG :hair ! It was excellant! It's a good thing I'm not too busy at work right now, b/c I didn't want to stop reading it!

Thanks so much for sharing!

:) Glad you enjoyed it.

-------
Eleiece

Just finished

Eleiece:

It's 1:16 am on a work night and I just finished the story. WOW! That was some finish! Every chapter was fantastic. Thanks for a great read!

asearcher said:
Eleiece:

It's 1:16 am on a work night and I just finished the story. WOW! That was some finish! Every chapter was fantastic. Thanks for a great read!

Thanks, Helen, I'm glad you enjoyed "it. *g* Hope you didn't fall off your chair.

Along the reading line (how's this for shameless plugosity), I have another full-length story over at fanfiction.net - "The Face In The Mirror" -- as well as a short story.

Again, glad you enjoyed "Achilles".

Eleiece

I've just begun reading your story and am now about halfway through. It's excellent so far, and I wish that I didn't have to go to work so that I had the time to finish it right now. I'll be sure to read your other stories once I'm done with 'Achilles.'