Bowling For Columbine

alsplacebartender

Al's Place Bartender
Staff member
I have just watched the movie/documentary "Bowling For Columbine" for the second time in a row today. If you haven't heard anything about it, take a look at the website www.bowlingforcolumbine.c...nopsis.php

I had to watch it a second time in one day mainly because it moved me so much. I couldn't believe some of the things in it basically because I had not educated myself on many of the events. I found myself searching for everything I could find today on the net about many of the things discussed from gun control to murder rates in other countries to the actual Columbine High School incident.

I found these interesting statistics about ratios of gun violence and ownership in other countries compared to the United States. www.jointogether.org/gv/i...em/global/

I am almost embarassed to live here after seeing this movie lol. I turned on the news tonight and sure enough the news was filled with robbery, a shooting, and other assorted bad news. Why is that? Why don't they report on anything good? I'm off to try and change some of these things with a letter to my local news station.

Anyone else seen this film and have any comments? If you haven't seen it, go rent it. It is an eye opener. If you are a fan of the NRA, Charlton Heston, and/or Dick Clark... you may not be after seeing this.