80's TV Show Trivia Challenge

Re: Re: erm....The Rod's Guess

I just wish I could get the answer to one of these soon, so that I could give a clue to my next question... I think I've got a real stumper this time...

E's clue ... a clarifying point

Sitcom set in New England, the star of which, in his career, an alien encounter and learned to pull rabbits out of his hat.

This may give it away, but just in case some may be confused when I say "his career", I mean the actor that starred in the sitcom, not the character he played.

E.

Re: E's clue ... a clarifying point

Tommy Cooper??

though I know I'm wrong *sorry had to get a post in here somehow the only one I've gotten so far was Fraggle Rock :hair

Re: E's clue

It appears that I've stumped the group. Sorry gang. If no one guesses it by noon tomorrow (Wednesday), I'll post the answer.

E.

E's clue.... and the answer is....

Okay gang, since it appears I've stumped you all, here's the answer as promised in my post yesterday:

Clue: Sitcom set in New England, the star of which, in his career, had an alien encounter and learned to pull rabbits out of his hat.

And the answer is:

?Goodnight, Beantown? ? starring Bill Bixby as a Boston TV news anchorman. The show aired from April 1983 ? September 1984

In case you might be wondering about the clue I gave:

Sitcom set in New England - Goodnight, Beantown was set in Boston, Massachusetts.

?He had an alien encounter? - Bill Bixby co-starred in ?My Favorite Martian? as Tim O?Hara from September 1963-September 1966.

?He learned to pull rabbits out of a hat? ? Mr. Bixby also starred in ?The Magician? as magician Tony Blake. The show ran from March 1973 ? April 1974.

Although ?Goodnight, Beantown? had a limited run, I really enjoyed it, but then again, I had a thing for Bill Bixby at that time.

Eleiece

Re: Okay, to make it up to you guys -n- gals...

My first inclination was Dallas, but that was about oilfields. :lol

btw, Eleiece, way to go on stumping everyone! ;)

My first inclination was Dallas, but that was about oilfields.

You're right, Jennie, but as I recall, there were some cattle at Southfork, so you guessed.

The answer is: Dallas.

You're up!

E.

Oh, cool! :)

Okay.....

Junior high students and their dedicated teacher. This series was later renamed; I'm looking for the original title.

You got it, Greg! You're up!

Re: Eleiece's stumper

Okay, somewhere along the line I got left behind on this one, but just had to say - I loved Bill Bixby in The Magician! (and it was another one I had a 45rpm version of the theme music - how sad does that make me?)

new question

Short-lived 80's Western sitcom about a guy who moved out west to buy a general store but became a Marshall instead. It starred a pre-Silver Spoons Joel Higgins as the new Marshall.

Re: new question

Reminds me of a couple of episodes in "Dr Quinn: Medicine Woman" but I doubt I'm right