Quantum Leap DVD's also released in Germany

Sermon

Project QL Intern
Dec 26, 2005
Looks like Germany will finally get it's own Quantum Leap DVD-release as well. Season 1 has been available since June 29, 2006. In addition to the german audio track it also contains the english audio track. Maybe there'll be no music replacements throughout the whole series this time. Of course we'll only know after Season 4 has been released. Keeping my fingers crossed ...

I snagged season 1 here in Germany, but seasons 2-4 I got through the US or UK. I had to order a second copy of season 2 so that I could have the original music because the North American releases have messed up the music.

As for German releases of the show, I haven't seen anything about when season 2 will be released. I don't have any copies of the original broadcasts, so I don't know if they changed the music. I guess it would depend on whether or not they used a UK master copy or a North American one.

Yeah but are the German releases in English? Or just with English subtitles?

The_P_Man

No, the German discs do have both a German and an English soundtrack.

The problem I have with it is the 'undertitles' from season 1 is the fact that when I want to watch the episodes in English with Italian speech the undertitles come through in German. You follow? ;)

The_P_Man said:
Yeah but are the German releases in English? Or just with English subtitles?

The_P_Man

Quote from my original post:

"In addition to the german audio track it also contains the english audio track."

Hello,

why can´t i buy season 2-and the other seasons... in german language??
Does some people from universal think we don´t like QL or we don´t wanna buy the seasons. when you see how many people have bought QL season 1 on DVD here in germany, i don´t understand why the next seasons aren´t available over here.
because i would like the seasons in both languages.

:-( safir

Zurück in die Vergangenheit (back into the past)

doesn't really roll off the tongue.

Oh yeah, that german title ... :lol ... but be honest: would you watch a show called "Quantensprung" (this is the real german translation)? It's sounds like a science documentation. ;)

btw, I think we will get an intact german track because we don't have different tapes for the music and the actor's talking. It's very difficult to remove all the songs then. But what about the english track? I'm afraid they'll just take the changed english thing.

TeeAlk said:
Oh yeah, that german title ... :lol ... but be honest: would you watch a show called "Quantensprung" (this is the real german translation)? It's sounds like a science documentation. ;)

btw, I think we will get an intact german track because we don't have different tapes for the music and the actor's talking. It's very difficult to remove all the songs then. But what about the english track? I'm afraid they'll just take the changed english thing.

Thats what i always said,translating "Quantum Leap" into german would sounds too much like a science documentation.
thats the answer about the title in german ^^

cu safir