Look who's back!! (but not really, until a problem is fixed...)

D

Dman176

Hello, my fellow Leapers! The Dman has returned... or at least, that's what I've been trying to do for quite a while now. All will be explained when things are less hectic and I have regular access to the site.

Basically, my big problem is that I can no longer log in to my account or even post anything on the message board unless I am at my old IP address (which is where I am right now). The message at my normal location says something to the effect of "your IP address has been banned by the administrator." So, in essence, I can't even post my "official" return until this problem is fixed. If someone can look into this for me, I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

Damon, a.k.a. Dman176

Hello, my fellow Leapers! The Dman has returned... or at least, that's what I've been trying to do for quite a while now. All will be explained when things are less hectic and I have regular access to the site.

Basically, my big problem is that I can no longer log in to my account or even post anything on the message board unless I am at my old IP address (which is where I am right now). The message at my normal location says something to the effect of "your IP address has been banned by the administrator." So, in essence, I can't even post my "official" return until this problem is fixed. If someone can look into this for me, I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

Damon, a.k.a. Dman176

Welcome back Dman!
Look forward to you being back in the fold properly. We've missed you buddy! :hurray:

Well, I'm still having the same problem. I'm hoping now that everyone's back from the convention (which I SO wished I could have attended), they might be able to help me figure out why the board is not recognizing my new IP address (I'm at my mother's house at the moment, which is why I can log in and post right now). If anyone can please still contact me through e-mail like before, until this problem is resolved. As promised, once resolved, I'll explain why I've been gone for so long.

In the meantime, I have some information about some upcoming TV appearances for Scott Bakula which I'll post (assuming no one else has already). I've known for months; perhaps Scott himself mentioned it at the Con?

Anyway, until next time,
Damon

Damon,

Can you please tell me EXACTLY what error message you are getting?

Maybe a screen snapshot sent to my e-mail at feldon (at) feldoncentral.com would be helpful.

The forum has some IP addressed banned, and I think you would get the blue background of the forum with the message "Your IP address is banned."

However if you are running into the server's own IP ban list (very short), then you would get maybe a 404 or 504 or some type of Access Denied message on a white background.

Damon, Really want to do everything we can to get you back on board, but need more info.

And the problem is solved.

For some reason, there was a VERY broad ban in place on all IP addresses starting with 74. That's a lot of folks. I've removed it.

Welcome back Damon!!!

Yay, I am now officially BACK!!!

Thank you so much, Morgan!

I'm off to watch Chuck right now (the first of 4 guest-starring Scott), but I shall be posting something soon enough.

Damon