An unwanted character on mirror image

leaper

Project QL Intern
May 13, 2006
i ve watched this episode zillion of times and something bags me ev time i see it.Sam in that final episode of the show <and more crucial> entered in to a parallel universe or whatever that was created by the al the bartender .and so he saw all the people that he helped during his leaps captain galaxy and others,,and all these people were there becouse al send them there so i dont beleive they were actually real,
One of those people was FRANK..jimys brother..when sam saw frank he was all over him i am so happy to see you blah blah and frank reacted strange becouse he didnt know who sam was...sam told him that he knew his brother and frank reacted more aggressive when he saw that sam knew about jimys condition and he asked him for his id and who was he..So my question is frank was almost attack sam if stapard sorry if i spell the name wrong hadnt come in between them so what was his purpose there.i mean the whole bar and the people was created by al who was A GOD B ANGEL C GHOST??? lol and these people werent real so why did he make frank to come to sam and almost punch him in the end? lol
this may sound a silly question but its like when you die and go to heaven and see all your beloved ones and friends who died.But if you see some guy you knew to come and punch you whats the purpose of that man being there in the same enviroment with you
can someone explain??? I know it was the last episode and they wanted to bring all the characters the most of them or some of them or few of them lol for one last time but that frank thing doesnt make any sense

i ve watched this episode zillion of times and something bags me ev time i see it.Sam in that final episode of the show <and more crucial> entered in to a parallel universe or whatever that was created by the al the bartender .and so he saw all the people that he helped during his leaps captain galaxy and others,,and all these people were there becouse al send them there so i dont beleive they were actually real,
One of those people was FRANK..jimys brother..when sam saw frank he was all over him i am so happy to see you blah blah and frank reacted strange becouse he didnt know who sam was...sam told him that he knew his brother and frank reacted more aggressive when he saw that sam knew about jimys condition and he asked him for his id and who was he..So my question is frank was almost attack sam if stapard sorry if i spell the name wrong hadnt come in between them so what was his purpose there.i mean the whole bar and the people was created by al who was A GOD B ANGEL C GHOST??? lol and these people werent real so why did he make frank to come to sam and almost punch him in the end? lol
this may sound a silly question but its like when you die and go to heaven and see all your beloved ones and friends who died.But if you see some guy you knew to come and punch you whats the purpose of that man being there in the same enviroment with you
can someone explain??? I know it was the last episode and they wanted to bring all the characters the most of them or some of them or few of them lol for one last time but that frank thing doesnt make any sense

well I can't answer that one, the one that still boggles my hea is why Sam didn't need a body when he leaped back to Beth....:banghead

well maybe its becouse he used his OWN BODY?? lol al send sam back in time to fix something. <als marryage> so this time he decided to send sam as sam and not as someone else.thats why his body wasnt in the waiting room.sam travelled without swiching souls with anyone this time.
Ok another theory comes to mind for the last episode of ql after watchin the finale of the show LOST.. i was thinking...WHAT if this parallel world sam entered was some kind of after life.maybe al who was god or angel dragged sam in to AFTERLIFE the heaven in 2 words so all the people who were there including frank they were dead...I mean sam met these people in the 60s 50s so they couldnt still be alive in 1999 ..
and sam went to heaven he met the lord lol and then lept again.
One thing doesnt make sense though with this theory i got how did al entered in to this <<bar>> if it was the after life how did al could go there.and if it wasnt the after life and it was some kind of universe how could al still go there and track sam...i mean the bartender used his powers not some advanced tecnology made in 1999 lol
my head is spinning LOL

Opinions

Like anything in these type of questions, the only person that can answer that directly and what was meant was the writer. All else is interpretation from an observer's point of view. This is much like art...the artist may have a feeling, emotion, or concept in mind when they create a piece of art...but the person looking at the art will, in the absence of the artist's voice (and sometimes even with it) will bring their own meaning and concepts to the piece.

So...you can ask 'what does this mean' and you may get vastly different responses.

For me, I think that Frank and Jimmy come as a team in Sam's mind. It was the only place he leapt twice. You state that Al the Bartender brought Sam to the bar and populated it but an equal idea could be that all of these things...including the Bartender...were in Sam's mind and thus he was the one that brought all the characters there.

It could be that because Frank was Jimmy's protector Sam (or the Bartender) brought him there because Sam was going to be changing his relationship with his own protector (Al). Regardless of whether the show went on...whether Al was still a part of his leaping life...or of the scenarios that multiple people have written in stories post Mirror Image there was a change in their relationship because Al would be a somewhat different person if he'd been with Beth all those years...and not been married five times. I'm not saying the core of who Al is would be different...I'm saying he'd have different life experiences and thus there is an unknown quality to what Sam will bring about by telling Beth that Al's coming home. Thus, Frank's protectiveness could be a mirror of the relationship that Al has to Sam...and thus his presence.

Like I say...that's one of many possible ways to look at this concept. Not sure it answers the question...but it does consider some concepts.