I forgot how much I loved Season Three!!!!

M

marthaewood

This was the best season! I think just about all of my favorite episodes are from this season (Esp. Shock Theater.) I'm so glad that I have this on DVD now :hurray

Anybody else feel this way?

Season Three has quite a lot of good eps. I absolutely LOVE all the series, but if I'd pick just one season as my favorite, I'd say the fourth, and the less the season 2 (although it's got a lot of GREAT episodes too). QL will be one of the best shows ever created eternally.

-----------------------------

And now it's time to live you with your thoughts.
Maybe they're happy ones.

Mack Morris.

Yes, yes, yes :hurray

I'm especially happy because I didn't know quite many episodes from season 3, so there's now so much new to watch... and the episodes I already knew from season 3 are great :)

Season 3 deffinately has some great episodes. Shock Theater has always been one of my favorites too. But If I had to pick, I would say that season 5 was my favorite. It has most of my fav. Episodes. Leaping of the Shrew, Killing Time, Trilogy Parts 1 & 3, The Leap Between States, & Memphis Melody

My faves are scattered across so many seasons. <g> There are a lot concentrated in season 3, though, which I've been revisiting as I burn my TiVo'd Sci-Fi eppies to DVD---last longer than VHS and though trimmed, haven't had the music scalped. <wg>

> Re: I forgot how much I loved Season Three!!!!

My favorites from Season 3 are:

"The Leap Home"
- It was nice to see Sam's family which helped to give his character a little more depth. I also liked that Sam had a bit of a breakdown, where he got pushed to his breaking point and wanted to quit leaping altogether. It was also realistic and tragic that Sam wasn't able to change much, if anything, in his family's history (at least not until the next episode where he saves Tom).

I like that there aren't happy endings to every episode because in a way it suggests that some things are just simply meant to be. Cases in point: Al's time as a P.O.W. in Vietnam and failed marriage, the death of his sister, Trudy, the death of Sam's father, etc. I feel that some of these aspects helped to make our heroes who they are.

"The Boogiem*n"
- Dean Stockwell as the Devil is priceless! Acting-wise, I think it's definitely one of his stand out moments in the series. I still find this episode creepy after all these years. I think it does a surprisingly good job of being scary and suspenseful, especially the end.

"Black On White On Fire"
- I like the fact that this episode is intense and is also one of the few in the series that doesn't have a happy ending. It does a good job of making me care about the characters.

"The Great Spontini"
- Even though the episode may be a little formulaic, I related to the theme of divorce. It's also the "official" introduction of the Gummi Bear Handlink. The scene where Al's first handlink breaks is also memorable.

"Last Dance Before An Execution"
- This is one of those episodes that I like more now that I'm older. When I was younger and watched it, for whatever reason I didn't care for it too much. What I like about this episode is its overall feeling of suspense. The clock is ticking! It's also always interesting when the leapee is bad as well.

"Shock Theater"
- I think Scott Bakula does his best acting in the series in this episode. It's also one of those episodes where the traditional formula is changed which helps to make it more exciting. I also think this is one of the best episodes in the series. Al's "alphabet rap" is enjoyable, too.

As great as Season 3 is, though, I have to agree with Tom that Season 5 is my favorite. I simply found it the most exciting and interesting. While the evil leaper episodes started to get a little ridiculous by "Revenge," the lame lack of a good explanation for Sam to be able to leap to 1862 in "The Leap Between the States" and the seemingly unnecessary leap into Elvis Presley in "Memphis Melody," I still liked the 5th season because it took the show into what I felt was a much needed new direction. And who could forget "Mirror Image"? 'Nuff said. :)

Re: > Re: I forgot how much I loved Season Three!!!!

I really didn't care for season 5 as much. I knew when Don had Sam leap into famous situations (Memphis Melody, the one with Marilyn Monroe, Etc...when he said said he'd never do) the show was over. Plus didn't care too much for the evil leapers. They were ok but the show was fine (and better IMO) without them.

Re: > Re: I forgot how much I loved Season Three!!!!

I totally agree with this list except I'd add everything... :lol :lol

I honestly love every episode on season three (Glitter Rock not as much but it was a pretty good episode.)

QLNut wrote:
My favorites from Season 3 are:

"The Leap Home"
- It was nice to see Sam's family which helped to give his character a little more depth. I also liked that Sam had a bit of a breakdown, where he got pushed to his breaking point and wanted to quit leaping altogether. It was also realistic and tragic that Sam wasn't able to change much, if anything, in his family's history (at least not until the next episode where he saves Tom).

I like that there aren't happy endings to every episode because in a way it suggests that some things are just simply meant to be. Cases in point: Al's time as a P.O.W. in Vietnam and failed marriage, the death of his sister, Trudy, the death of Sam's father, etc. I feel that some of these aspects helped to make our heroes who they are.

"The Boogiem*n"
- Dean Stockwell as the Devil is priceless! Acting-wise, I think it's definitely one of his stand out moments in the series. I still find this episode creepy after all these years. I think it does a surprisingly good job of being scary and suspenseful, especially the end.

"Black On White On Fire"
- I like the fact that this episode is intense and is also one of the few in the series that doesn't have a happy ending. It does a good job of making me care about the characters.

"The Great Spontini"
- Even though the episode may be a little formulaic, I related to the theme of divorce. It's also the "official" introduction of the Gummi Bear Handlink. The scene where Al's first handlink breaks is also memorable.

"Last Dance Before An Execution"
- This is one of those episodes that I like more now that I'm older. When I was younger and watched it, for whatever reason I didn't care for it too much. What I like about this episode is its overall feeling of suspense. The clock is ticking! It's also always interesting when the leapee is bad as well.

"Shock Theater"
- I think Scott Bakula does his best acting in the series in this episode. It's also one of those episodes where the traditional formula is changed which helps to make it more exciting. I also think this is one of the best episodes in the series. Al's "alphabet rap" is enjoyable, too.

season 5

I agree that Season 5 is the best. I loved the evil leapers, the famous leaps (especially Dr. Ruth), and Mirror Image. I hope Universal puts some extras on the season 5 release. I doubt they will, but I can hope. A commentary to go along with the last episode would be awesome.

I agree that season 3 is a good one. especialy as the gummi bear handlink (My Favorite) makes its first appearence. Season 5 I love because lots of technology is shown. I could not pick a favorite season as I love them all!