About Dreams Episode

B

Brand242003

:) Hey Guys
I just finished watching the episode Dreams where Sam leaps into a homicide detective.
In this episode Sam can remember when he and Al switched places ( Episode The Leap Back) but Al can't remember. Why is this? I thought that only Sam's mind was swiss-cheesed: :banghead Help!

Sam's mind is swiss-cheesed yes, but changes occur in the timeline every time Sam leaps. This can cause a flux in everyone's lives so maybe Al doesn't remember that particular leap at one moment, but he does remember it during the next leap.

It's possible... changes in the timeline occur with each leap. History changes hundreds of lifes when Sam make just a little change.

People get married, become unmarried, have kids, then suddenly don't have kids, even die and come back to life.... it's called the Butterfly Effect...

So - it could take several leaps for things to straighten back out, if they ever do. Make sense?

Thanks Al's Place

Hey Thanks alot, I am finally glad someone cleared that up for me.:wavey

Peace :hurray Love
Forever Live Sam & Al

Re: Thanks Al's Place

Hi there Brand

First of all, can I welcome you to Al's Place. I don't believe I have yet. I'm sure you'll love it here. I'm the webmaster at Quantum Leaping, but spend more time here! Says a lot for Al's Place and the high quality of its website!!

Secondly, to Al not remembering The Leap Back, I'm afriad I'm going to have to disgree with Brian on this one. I believe that Al told Sam he didn't remember him leaping home to stop Sam pushing the matter. As we all know, Sam isn't supposed to be told what he doesn't remember and his wife, Donna, asked Al not to remind him of her. If Al had of told Sam he remembered, then Sam might have started talking about it and asked Al questions about his time home, or even that to think more about and remember Donna!

Of course I could be wrong.

That's another great thing about Al's Place Brand. Everyone has completely different opinions about what each episode is about. We can feel free to express them here on Al's Place, without the fear of recrimination. Other sites, the members might, and have, turned on people to dared moved against the majority thinking of Quantum Leap.

Enjoy!

Leap On!

<a href="http://www.quantumleaping.com" target="_new">www.quantumleaping.com</a>
webmaster@quantumleaping.com

that's just what I thought!

Janna Galaxy

Welcome to Al's Place, Brand!!

Yes, Dermy, I was thinking the same thing... I believe Al knew about it but didn't want to help Sam remember it... you can see the look on his face that he's lying... I should re-watch it, even though it's a freaky episode!

... Mike. ^_^

I agree

I think that Al did not want Sam to start asking questions about when they switched places. I always thought that it was very deliberate on the part of the writers when the subject of them switching came up. I think if I remember right, Al did the same thing in Lee Harvey Oswald, and maybe other episodes as well.

Thanks Guys

Hey Guys, I just want to thank you for the welcoming you all have given me. This is the best website by far that I have joined. :hurray

About the question everyone answered for me, I
watched the episode again and I do agree with what
you said about Al lying to protect Sam from the
truth, you can really see it in Al's face.
Thanks for all your help. I hope I can count on
everyone for future leaps.:wavey

Peace & Love

Forever Live Sam & Al