A Leap Question

DeadZoneLeaper

Project QL Intern
Jan 17, 2004
Danville, PA
I have watched all the tv episodes in the past and I am almost done reading Season 6 of the VS, and one thing has me confused...

How is it in some stories, Sam can be injured (shot, stabbed, etc.) and when he LEaps into a new person, the injury is gone but in other stories, the Leaper takes the injury with him/her...

In the episode Leap Between the States, Sam was shot and wounded but when he moves on to the next episode where he is Elvis he shows no signs of injury.

In the Evil Leaper Part III episode Zoe is shot before she LEaps out..In the Season 6 episode (610) she has the scar from being shot and then AL shoots her in so that in a later episode she is in a wheelchair...

Is it that Lothos' Leap procedures are different in that his Leapers take injuries with them?

Im not putting down any of the stories, but I was just wondering if it got explained somewhere or someTIME and I missed it...

cosmic thoughts anyone?

I can best describe it as thus:

Sam's leaps are controlled by GTFW... so in essence, when he leaps, he's healed from what ails him...

Lothos leaps are controlled by him... a fate that is basically sealed by whatever the leapers do...

At least, that's how I see it.

MJ

That's what I am thinking...perhaps there is something flawed in Lothoman's experiment when they built their project (I can't say anymore on that at this time tho...hehehee)... Perhaps that flaw is explained by the fact that Evil Leapers disappear in a red glow and not blue...Maybe that means they aren't doing something right or it means Lothos is malicious and if you get hurt as his Leaper, you suffer the pain and agony of it for messing up...

actually, it's answered in the 2nd half of the Pilot episode.

There is often a severe time difference. To Sam, it's from moment to moment. One minute, he's in one person, the next, he's leaping into someone else.

But as Al pointed out, it was a large spance of time since Sam left Tom Straton, and Leapt into Ken Fox.

And yes, I think GFTW heals our boy, too!

In fact, in my short story, I hinted that Sam goes to a nexus where he thinks he floats on God's Hands; is comforted by the angel's wings... it is in this void that the changes he does in the time leaping sift through him... of course, then they get "swiss cheesed" right after that! LOL!