What Happened?

systemcat

Project QL Intern
What happened yesterday?
There seems to have been a problem with the Al's Place Quantum Leap Online Community database.
Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience.

I had the same problems for a couple of days.
I could get to the 'home' page, but no further.

Technology! PAh!:realmad

Thank you for answering honestly and for taking steps to prevent this from happening in the future.

I belong to another board that goes dead regularly for days or weeks at a time. The admins don't keep anyone posted during the outage, usually are clueless about how to fix the problem. Worst of all, when it comes back online, they pretend nothing happened or they post praise for themselves! :help

If anyone asks about the outage, the admins get nasty and insult the questioners or (this is my favorite) they delete the posts, which of course leads to posts asking where the missing posts went and why and oh, btw, what happened to the board last week?.... They also take no steps to prevent future outages, which are usually caused by them not paying the hosting or domain renewal fees.

This board is a class act, head and shoulders above the others.
applause.gif

I agree with NYC. Everyone here, especially the administrator, is very friendly. Plus, I've noticed how quick and friendly the administrator answers QL and site related questions. Quite refreshing. :cheers

Hey folks. I blame myself. I need to look at increasing the partition or some other tinkering. For now, I've got it set to delete logs more frequently. It's a big hard drive, but a very small part of it is setup to receive the logs AND the databases.

Al's Place is the BEST Quantum Leap fan site out there and I am proud to host it and if it's down for even 30 minutes, it really bothers me and I do whatever it takes to get back online. Brian and other admins have my cell phone number so they call me if something is wrong and I'll fix it ASAP.