Old 01-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #26
blue enigma
Accelerator Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleD View Post
Can someone post a link directing me to some of the fanzines? I did look for them but I couldn't find any specifically for fanzines. I may have been looking in the wrong place. I've read a few fan fiction stories and I've loved them.
Although most of the stories are not online some of them are, and more and more authors of those stories have been posting them to AO3 lately. The wiki entry for QL fanzines also provides links for some of the stories that are online. Here's the wiki link: http://fanlore.org/wiki/List_of_Quantum_Leap_Fanzines

Click on the title to bring up the article for each. They list the stories, with links to the ones available online.

For others, Agent with Style sells some of the fanzines. Here's the link to their home page: http://www.agentwithstyle.com/

I've ordered a few fanzines from them and received them very quickly, with no problem, but be warned some of them are pretty expensive.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #27
MichelleD
Control Room Technician

Thanks...And thanks for the warning about cost. I will be careful. LOL, I could easily max out my credit cards with all this fun stuff, but I won't.

There are plenty of great stories here to keep me reading.

Update: Good Heavens, I just checked out the Agent With Style site and they ARE expensive. I will use discretion in deciding which ones to get and proceed with caution.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #28
JuliaM
Project Observer

Try checking eBay. Here's a link to a search for current listings of QL fanzines on eBay - http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

I've bought some fanzines there secondhand there. They may not be in quite as pristine conditions but they also didn't cost as much.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #29
MichelleD
Control Room Technician

Thanks Julia, I'll check it out.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:46 AM   #30
Lightning McQueenie
Project Observer

I've only recently started reading the novels. I am also lucky enough to be able to interview some of the authors and get some great insights to the writing process. I am enjoying the "new" Quantum Leap stories. I have so far read:

"Independence" by John Peel - I really enjoyed this one, it's great seeing Sam in a time period he would nearly never be put in due to the "within his own lifetime" rule. John was amazing to talk to as well.

"Search and Rescue" by Melissa Crandall - I liked the fact that this story was mostly about Al, as he is my favourite character. His method of finding out how he looked in this leap was different. I also enjoy reading about Native American culture and how they use talismans, spirit animals, and read the animals' movements. Melissa was lovely as well when I spoke to her.

"Loch Ness Leap" - I like that this one is mostly about Sammy Jo and how she has become a very important part of the project. Seeing her alternate timeline, where she doesn't join the project was also very interesting. I'm looking forward to talking to Kathryn Rusch and Dean Wesley Smith soon

"Foreknowledge" - this one was great, seeing all the possible paradoxes coming in to play. Chris DeFilipis has now become a good friend of mine through the podcast as well.

"The Wall" nicely showed how domestic violence carries through the generations.

"Pulitzer" and "Angels Unaware" are hands down my favourites so far. I love seeing the continuation of the stories that we have seen in the TV show, and Elizabeth Storm did an amazing job with the writing, because I could easily picture Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell acting these out.

I also have "Song and Dance" on the way to me, I look forward to reading it and interviewing Mindy Peterman in the near future.