Plot Bunny Rescue Society

McDuck

GizmoDuck for PQL Security
Staff member
Jun 4, 2004
Duckburg
Do you have a plot bunny that you don't have anything planned for? Do you not consider yourself a writer but feel you have a great story idea someone else might use?

Post your plot bunnies here, and maybe they might get adopted into a story.

If you "rescue" a plot bunny from here, please let us know which bunny you adopted and where to find the resulting story.

Have fun, everyone!!!

Having not read them all - yet, I dont know if this has been done,
Sam Leaps into Al (present day) to try and secure another year of funding for the project. because of the circumstances ziggy throws a fit and has the project under lockdown.

Mr Q - my son (3) just came in while i was reading your thread and noticed your avatar, he got all excited and said "cool cool" It was very cute, he's has severe speech delays and some developmental delays so little things like that really excite me. OH SO CUTE NOW HE'S COPYING IT!!!!!

I think i would love a story where sam leaps into a family with an special needs child and is able to help in some way, or just help the family function better, probably a really boring plot for others, but I'd love it.

Bexter said:
Mr Q - my son (3) just came in while i was reading your thread and noticed your avatar, he got all excited and said "cool cool" It was very cute, he's has severe speech delays and some developmental delays so little things like that really excite me. OH SO CUTE NOW HE'S COPYING IT!!!!!

I think i would love a story where sam leaps into a family with an special needs child and is able to help in some way, or just help the family function better, probably a really boring plot for others, but I'd love it.

As you know my memory is terrible. However, so far as I recall there has been at least one story like this. Sam leaps into a child with autism, I think, who bangs his head a lot. All the Dad longs for is for his son to say "I love you". It is very moving.

Someone else here I'm sure will be able to fill in more details. I think it was a VS story, but I couldn't say which season, if indeed I am right on that.

leaper1 said:
As you know my memory is terrible. However, so far as I recall there has been at least one story like this. Sam leaps into a child with autism, I think, who bangs his head a lot. All the Dad longs for is for his son to say "I love you". It is very moving.

Someone else here I'm sure will be able to fill in more details. I think it was a VS story, but I couldn't say which season, if indeed I am right on that.

Your memory serves you well, Helen. :) There was, indeed, a VS story about Sam leaping into a child with autism. It was in Season 10, a story titled "The Little Things" written by Shawn P. Deal.

Eleiece

Yeah...the TVS is a great place to read fan fiction. Took me about 5 months of fairly steady reading but I did get through it all. Have some catch up for this year but since we're on hiatus...

It's present day, and much to the surprise of everyone at Project Quantum Leap, Sam has managed to leap into himself in his own time, back to the Project itself.

At first it appears that it's time to celebrate... but there's a problem...

A leading member of the project... Ziggy... is acting strangely.

Unbenounced to everyone at the project, Sam included, Lothos has sent a leaper to infect Ziggy with a virus that threatens to destroy the entire project... the same virus infact, that turned Lothos evil...

With everyone busy celebrating, will anybody be able to stop the virus from destroying everything and everyone Sam holds dear???

ok an idea/semi rant here

Sam leaps into a TV chef to teach him some humility.
Doesnt necessarily have to be a 'tv chef' but the idea scans better.
Being a chef myself I find these people so irritating, and they do Nothing to encourage young people in to the trade.
If they were in any other job, they wouldn't be employed for long

I hate to bump a thread that hasn't been used in four years, but I was wondering if someone wanted to try my idea about Ziggy being infected with a virus?

Story permission request

Hi I am just messaging here to say that I like the following idea which is as follows :-

It's present day, and much to the surprise of everyone at Project Quantum Leap, Sam has managed to leap into himself in his own time, back to the Project itself.

At first it appears that it's time to celebrate... but there's a problem...

A leading member of the project... Ziggy... is acting strangely.

Unbenounced to everyone at the project, Sam included, Lothos has sent a leaper to infect Ziggy with a virus that threatens to destroy the entire project... the same virus infact, that turned Lothos evil...

With everyone busy celebrating, will anybody be able to stop the virus from destroying everything and everyone Sam holds dear??

I would love to write this story and put the story on the forum can I have the persons permission to turn this idea into a full story please?

Thank you