New Convention DVD Survey

I'm not exactly sure what the camera person/photographer all captured, but I would like to see fans speak out on why they love the show, why they came to the convention, general fan feedback as well as that from the celebrities who attended and didn't.

It would be nice to have Dean Stockwell say something on camera as a special feature as well.

If I were in charge of producing this DVD, it would capture everything and be so entirely in depth that it would take various filming crews to capture every aspect of the convention.

For me, the DVD would start from the conception of THE LEAP BACK convention when Brian Greene e-mailed people and asked about their thoughts on a Quantum Leap convention and go from there.

Show on the DVD all the hard work put into the convention from designing the stage, to contacting agents to get actors to appear at the convention and especially have the menu for the DVD laid out at Project Quantum Leap.

Start out with the opening of the Pilot Episode, segue to THE LEAP BACK convention logo and then use footage from the episode THE LEAP BACK where Sam puts his hand on the control panel and says HELLO ZIGGY and from there have Ziggy lay out the DVD menu for the convention.

Have Deborah Pratt in the voice of ZIGGY announce every selection on the DVD.

Control Room (Main Menu)

Easter Eggs:

Scott Bakula and Velton Ray Bunch perform "Somewhere In The Night."

THE LOST LEAPS: Don, Deborah, Scott, Dean and various other crew members discuss "leap" ideas that were never quite manifested. Such as leaps into a baby, dog, animation, movie ideas, Sammie Jo, etc.

Imaging Chamber: Highlights from the weekend. Pictures of raffle/auction items (with description), pictures from the display room and dealer room, autograph room and main ballroom.
A special message from Dean Stockwell (tinkering around on the handlink as usual with cigar in hand. Perhaps Dean could even illustrate to us how to operate the handlink!)

Waiting Room: Guest star panels. List of "leapers" and their seat number (with pictures if possible) from String Theorists (Diamond Ticket), Accelerator Chamber (Platinum Ticket), Control Room (Gold Ticket), Imaging Chamber (Silver Ticket) with fan pictures/videos interaction with guest stars from autograph room and dealer room. Have fans contribute their pictures with guest stars to the DVD if possible.

Accelerator Chamber: Deborah Pratt sessions on stage, Scott vs. Jay, Scott and Don with Dean on the phone. "A LEAP TO DI FOR" fan film with special introduction from Deborah Pratt and director Christopher Allen.

Gooshie's Programming: Highlights from the auctions, raffles, Friday/Saturday night.
A special message from the family of Dennis Wolfberg. (I theorized that was the "surprise" on Sunday, especially fitting after the video tribute to Dennis Wolfberg.)

Whatever you do, don't choke on this DVD set and skewer it like Universal did to the seasons of Quantum Leap. I should know, I won the seasons on DVD Saturday night and bought the important episodes from Jay's video collection.

Even Jay's VHS collection as a present to Scott wasn't even the correct versions of the episodes.
GEORGIA ON MY MIND was included in MIA and MIRROR IMAGE, but the musical montages were not correct and Becket was spelled wrong in MIRROR IMAGE.

Better yet, just let me produce the DVD set...it'd be such a kick in the butt to help produce it.

(Settle down Brian Greene, even though you don't like my page on MySpace, that doesn't mean I will do the same with Quantum Leap.)

Question: in the 4 discs set you specifically specify "The Entire Scott/Don/Jay Panel" but in the other options you just write "Scott/Don/Jay". Does that mean that in the other options it's not the entire panel with them?

Also: what is a Date Disc & how is option of 4a discs different than option of 5 discs?

thanks

Yes, it would be the entire panel of Scott/Don/Jay in all options.

A data disc would likely be comprised of just about everything not shown on the normal DVD's. So, while on the normal DVD's you'd see most of the panels... you might miss out on some party footage, things that weren't as important as the main events, just extra stuff that wouldn't fit on normal DVD's for time and space reasons. Much of this footage could be compressed into smaller computer files and played on your home computer.

The difference in 4a and 5 discs is:

The 5 discs would be playable on any normal DVD player (NTSC, Region 1).

The 4 discs would be 1 disc of highlights of weekend, 1 disc Highlights of Panels (but not full panels), 1 Entire Scott/Don/Jay panel, and 1 Data disc with pretty much all other material from the event.

In my opinion - No matter what choice you'll make you have to put all the con's panels in(complete,not edited and no highlights). A lot of people missed parts or all of those panels,when they waited in the autographs room.

Does the Scott panel include him singing Somewhere in the Night and his vamping?

What would be edited out of guest panels? or what constitutes a highlight? I agree with isz, I missed the beginning of every panel discussion, others would have missed the middle or the end, so it would be nice to see the entire panel discussions.

I'm assuming from the results of the surveys you will decide what to include in the DVD set and not provide each alternative. How much are you anticipating the donation to be for the DVD?

How long is the survey opened for and how long after that will a decision be made or the DVD made available? I can't wait to relive the memories.

Marissa

Does the Scott panel include him singing Somewhere in the Night and his vamping?

What would be edited out of guest panels? or what constitutes a highlight? I agree with isz, I missed the beginning of every panel discussion, others would have missed the middle or the end, so it would be nice to see the entire panel discussions.

I'm assuming from the results of the surveys you will decide what to include in the DVD set and not provide each alternative. How much are you anticipating the donation to be for the DVD?

How long is the survey opened for and how long after that will a decision be made or the DVD made available? I can't wait to relive the memories.

Marissa

We have chosen a professional editor - he does stuff for Springsteen. :)

I'm sure we'll start on actual editing within a month at most. I believe we're aiming for late June to be done, but don't hold me to that!

Of course the singing will be in there! I'm fairly certain all the Scott panel stuff will be included.

In my opinion - No matter what choice you'll make you have to put all the con's panels in(complete,not edited and no highlights). A lot of people missed parts or all of those panels,when they waited in the autographs room.
Agreed. I missed three whole panels while standing in one autograph line. :hmm

The idea of the Data disc is that LeapBack2009 can cram as much as 12-14 hours of nonstop Convention coverage on there and leave NOTHING out. It would be higher quality than, say, YouTube, and you'd be able to watch it on your PC. It might also be viewable on certain DVD players, but generally speaking this disc would NOT play on your TV if you just have a separate DVD player.

This still leaves ~3 hours of Weekend Highlights, ~3 hours of highlights of the Panels, and one whole disc with just Scott/Jay/Don in DVD quality watchable on any DVD player.

Not marketing one idea of another, just explaining what the data disc is vs. the other discs. I see myself sitting down to watch a few hours of the convention on my TV, and the rest on my computer in a window while I'm working on other stuff/browsing Al's Place. ;)

The idea of the Data disc is that LeapBack2009 can cram as much as 12-14 hours of nonstop Convention coverage on there and leave NOTHING out. It would be higher quality than, say, YouTube, and you'd be able to watch it on your PC. It might also be viewable on certain DVD players, but generally speaking this disc would NOT play on your TV if you just have a separate DVD player.

This still leaves ~3 hours of Weekend Highlights, ~3 hours of highlights of the Panels, and one whole disc with just Scott/Jay/Don in DVD quality watchable on any DVD player.

Not marketing one idea of another, just explaining what the data disc is vs. the other discs. I see myself sitting down to watch a few hours of the convention on my TV, and the rest on my computer in a window while I'm working on other stuff/browsing Al's Place. ;)

Sounds good to me.
I understand the dvd has to be region 1 - but please, any chance the data disc could be Mac compatible?

Divx format is available for Mac, PC, and Linux.
That's good to hear, being a regular Mac user myself.

I have a question, although perhaps it's already been asked and answered. I don't have time to look through every post:

How much will this DVD set cost? Are proceeds also going toward the Starlight Foundation as well?

EDIT: Never mind about the charity question... just checked the survey.