DVD News

Hi all - we're still in the midst of trying to reach a fair price for the DVD set. If you guys can hang in just a bit longer till Wednesday now, I believe it will benefit everyone. Sorry to delay!

So come next Wed, there will be a price for the dvd and that means we can order it from next wednesday?

Sorry guys,

Kinks and more kinks in best laid plans...

Due to a multitude of issues ranging from the editor charging more than originally agreed to the original tapes being less than the quality we expected, it's just taking a bit longer than anticipated. It's possible we'll have this ready to order (pre-order) within the next 4 weeks.

Actual shipping could be sometime in December, hopefully in time to get by Christmas.

The price will be somewhere around $30 and shipping will be included. Actually it's not a price, more like a suggested donation. We're currently working out an arrangement with Starlight Children's Foundation where they would accept the donation through their site and we'd ship out the DVD sets in bulk as they get the names compiled. Hopefully this works out.

All this could change, but that's where we are so far, don't hold me to this word for word.

I really went to bat for this earlier and tried to get the price down to $20 but due to some legal requirements, unforeseen items that happened, etc, $30 will be the lowest it gets.

However, there is a lot of material on these and with the work that's been done and time put in, it's well worth it. The editor has done a lot of work to clean up the quality and make it enjoyable.

Wish I had more concrete news, and as it comes in, I'll share it!

Thank you Brain so much for all your hard work. I can't wait to relieve it all again
Janna you were a wonderful and memorable part of that convention for me.
I will never forget you.

Woohoo only 2 more days until November, in Australia that is, but I suppose the DVD will be released in US time. (I guess I can wait another day for you guys to catch up).

Next you are going to tell me that the DVD is going to be available closer to the 30th rather than the 1st of November. ;-)

LOL yeah still waiting to hear more. A proof of the finished product has been produced and Barbara Pilnick, the woman who is in charge of this project, is currently reviewing the DVD's for errors. Once the errors are corrected and she gets the final master and reviews it one last time, we'll be ready to send it to "press" and finally get it out to you. Sorry this is taking so long, guys.

And no, I haven't seen a minute of this, so I can't tell you much more right now.

I would imagine it will indeed be closer to the 30th before this gets going. :(

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hello Leapers![/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
First of all, apologies for the confusion over the googlemail email address sent in a previous communication. You can always contact the convention committee at committee@leapback2009.com.
[/FONT]
Secondly, here is the latest news which can also be found at http://www.leapback2009.com/dvd
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Read on below![/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]-Brian
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]______________________________[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Dear Convention Attendees,[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]“The Leap Back 2009: A 20th Anniversary Quantum Leap Convention” four-disc DVD set will be available for pre-order in December through the Starlight Children’s Foundation donation page. The suggested donation is $30*. All funds go directly to the Starlight Children’s Foundation. On the donation page there will be the option to donate even more to this wonderful charity, if you are able. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The set will include:[/FONT]

• [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Scott Bakula and Velton Ray Bunch performing “Somewhere in the Night,” [/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Scott Bakula and Jay Schwartz Trivia Challenge, [/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Scott Bakula and Don Bellisario Panel with call-in by Dean Stockwell,[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Deborah Pratt, [/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Seven panels with guest stars, and[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Compilation of other highlights.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Because there will be a limited number of DVD sets available, we want to offer them to Convention attendees first, as a thank you for your support. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]We will send you an email one week before pre-orders begin. We will send you the link to the Starlight Children’s Foundation donation page one day before pre-orders begin. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]You may contact us at this email address: committee@leapback2009.com[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]You will have one week to pre-order before we publicize the DVD sets to all Quantum Leap fan sites and organizations. DVD sets will begin being mailed out in December. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Your purchase of this DVD set is considered a donation to Starlight Children’s Foundation (Fed I.D. #95-3802159). Refunds or exchanges will not be possible. Before you order a DVD set we need to make you aware of some issues related to the set:[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]1. Because the set contains nearly thirteen hours of material from the Convention, the discs are dual-layered (not double-sided). Older DVD players and some computers may not be able to play dual-layered discs. Please make sure you will be able to play dual-layered discs before you order.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2. At some points throughout the DVD set you may experience a change in sound quality or picture. This is due to original tapes being affected by the sound feed. The faults include a break-up of the video along the right side of the screen or a green line along the bottom, but these problems do not exist on all panels. These do not constitute a defect in the DVD set and should not affect your viewing enjoyment. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]We also have some news regarding our charitable corporation, The Leap Back 2009, Inc. The directors voted to dissolve the corporation this year. All our cash assets will be turned over to the Starlight Children’s Foundation. All our physical assets will be turned over to the charity, too, including all the DVD sets. It has been a pleasure working with them.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Starlight invites you to stay current with their program activities, promotions, online auctions and stories about the seriously ill kids and their families whom you have so generously supported by subscribing to their monthly eNews and semi-annual e-Newsletter. It’s quick and easy. Just click on [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]www.starlight.org/enews[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] to sign up! You can unsubscribe anytime. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Starlight Children’s Foundation and Directors of The Leap Back 2009, Inc. hope you enjoy this DVD set. It has been a pleasure working with you all. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Finally, we would like to thank you all for making it possible to contribute $37,520 to the charity. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Sincerely,[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Leap Back 2009, Inc.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]http://www.leapback2009.com [/FONT]

Me, too. But I guess, pre-ordering is not possible by now, right?

No, not yet. It will be available in December. You'll go to a special page at starlight.org (I'll provide the link on our website and here at the forums of course). From there, you'll donate your $30 (or more if you prefer) and Starlight will notify us of your name and address and Barbara will prepare to ship them out.

I thought I'd post here....

I got the email from Starlight and it had my address on but it left off United Kingdom on the address. I know I put it on there.

What should I do?

Thanks

Janine xxx

I wouldn't worry Janine. I know I selected Australia from the dropdown box but it's not on my email letter either. I am sure that it will get to us.

Marissa